SORT BY Relevancy
We got a little bit of everything tonight on Sports Talk with Bryan Nolen! We first will be joined by, Connor Letourneau, writer for the Oregonian! He will talk about the USC/Oregon State game tomorrow night. We will then be joined by BJ Rains, Idaho Press Tribune writer, previewing the Colorado State/Boise State game on Saturday night! We got a packed show so don't miss it!
Andrew Greif, writer for the Oregonian, AND Aaron Fentress, reporter for Comcast Sportsnet Northwest, joins the program to preview the Oregon vs. UCLA tomorrow afternoon. We will talk about Marcus Mariota and the fantastic season he has had so far as well as the return of D'Anthony Thomas. Top headlines and looking ahead to the weekend.
Men residing at the infamous institution speak out regarding retaliation, abuse and neglect. Why is the patient population of Coalinga State Hospital being treated so horrifically? Could it be that there is no "watchdog" overseeing the institution, as there is for prisons and other patients--those who are deemed mentally ill? Why isn't there a specific policy spelled out for the "SVP" population, as there is for people in prison (Title 15)? Why does it seem that the few "bad apples," whether staff or officers, are not fired--but in many cases, promoted? Why does a facility like this one have an astronomical budget (spending over $3 billion in California taxpayer dollars since the infamous institution opened its doors), yet very little media/public information released? Is it possible--do CSH employees really not have to pass the same psychiatric exam that CDCR employees do?
CSH News explores these important issues and more...
NOTE: This episode was rescheduled from last Thursday.
Hear from witnesses to the seclusion and restraint of a Coalinga State Hospital patient, Riccardo King, who was forcibly medicated and tied down to a bed for a few weeks. The man was unable to understand commands, yet was being verbally and physically abused. Another sad story of abuse/neglect at CSH is presented.
Then, hear from a man who successfully exited CSH in 2012, when his "SVP" case was dropped in Los Angeles County court. Clem reports in and discusses his life now, in Texas.
Tune in for more on Coalinga State Hospital's most newsworthy information.
GIVE BACK: Support the grassroots efforts of Coalinga State Hospital News. Using Paypal, donate to CoalingaNews@gmail.com.
We talk to Aaron Fentress, sportswriter that covers Oregon Ducks football for Comcast Sports Network Northwest. We will talk Marcus Mariota Heisman chances and what Oregon will need to do to go undefeated. We will talk more about Southern Miss and Boise State game plus top headlines
Join us as CSH News moves to Thursday...
On this episode, we'll discuss how family emergencies impact men residing at Coalinga State Hospital. Are they able to get 'Emergency Leave' to visit a parent, sibling, child or spouse who's near death? Can they make arrangements when their loved ones die? Hear about the unjust ways that patients are further abused when faced with a family crisis.
Even men in prison can apply for/be granted leave under these circumstances... why aren't there any provisions for people who are under a civil commitment, which is supposed to be a less restrictive environment? Why do these men have such a difficult time even getting information back/forth during an emergency?
Join CSH News Executive Producer/Host Callie Grace and our guests as we discuss this emotionally-charged issue.
GIVE BACK: Support the grassroots efforts of Coalinga State Hospital News. Using Paypal.com, donate to CoalingaNews@gmail.com.
GOT A SHOW IDEA? Contact CSH News using the email link at the top of our home page.
Join Host Live Chats
- 5D Media Network (41 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (12 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (11 chatters)
- Dale Kay (10 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (7 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (6 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (5 chatters)
- Tribulation News (5 chatters)
- CRF RADIO (4 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (4 chatters)
- Moiko Records Radio (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- reactionariez (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- Prophetess Elect Theresa (3 chatters)
- N Plain English (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- ENC HS SPORTS (2 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (2 chatters)
- In Christ Alone Ministries (2 chatters)
- Da Madman Hour (2 chatters)
- TheRightSideofThings (2 chatters)
- VertiKal Bistro (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- BITEradio me (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Straitway (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Lou and Yana Pisano (1 chatters)
- Roses fav music (0 chatters)