SORT BY Relevancy
Operation: Next Chapter is “working with Soldier’s Angeles Project: Valour-IT to provided 100 voice-controlled, adaptive lap-top computers for military personnel who have lost the use of their hands. Vietnam Veteran and author Cym Lowell will donate 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of his latest novel, Jasper’s War, to purchase these individually adapted computers which cost $500 a piece. The laptops allow warriors who are healing from amputations, paralysis, eye injuries, burns and brain trauma to stay in touch with their family and their units during their recovery period.”
Cym Lowell "was born in Montana to academics and spent his youth traveling the world. To put it politely, he was an undistinguished student, rewarded with assignment to the U.S. Navy at 18. After two years in Vietnam, college and law school were a challenge. Being a veteran in the political turbulence of the late 1960s and early 1970s taught humility. Raising three children in the Midwest and Texas brought love and responsibility. An international tax practice in the financial crises of the past 40 years provided insight into motivations of actors on the global stage. Friends, clients, adversaries, and colleagues, like victory and defeat, added color and context. The result is a writer with a treasure trove of experience to frame compelling characters enmeshed in heart-thumping challenges." Cym Lowell is the author of The Gift, Riddle of Berlin and Jaspar's War.
Monday December 15, 2014 6:30 PM EST 5:30 PM CST 4:30 PM MST 3:30 PM PST
Haley Van Scoyoc of St Petersburg, Florida has Operation Snuggle Up off the ground. Tune in and hear all aobut it. It caught our interest, as it is very much like our own Project Warm Up. It is winter. It is cold. And there are still a large number of working people that must sleep outdoors because their income simply isn't enough. There is also another population that has no income that is in even worse shape. Offering warmth--blankets, coats, hats, gloves, etc won't solve all their problems... but it is definitely a great outreach that can lead to them getting screened for benefits and employment, thus getting off the streets for good.
The State of The Sports Narrative Radio Show is . . . evolving! As our little show prepares to make the jump to a visual medium, spend your next 2 hours not listening to the SOTU speech but instead laughing and talking sports!
- We begin with talk of the NFL Championships games including those cheating Patriots, the comback Hawks and other moves around the league as look at the ridiculous Pro Bowl
- With College Football in the rearview mirror, we spend segment 2 talking baseball and Hot Stove. As the dominos begin to fall, Mr Copening and Mr Feltman will guide us through it all
- Time for Mick's Pub where we will discuss news, movies, television and whatever else interests The Mick this week
- It's time for a combo platter as both the NBA and NHL have reached the halfway point. We discuss the state of hockey and the Dallas Stars as well as the NBA standings and the little Dallas Mavericks
- The show wraps up with news and notes including abduction and assault in golf, NFL Draft talk, tennis, college hoops and any other sports we can discuss
So listen to us LIVE January 21st from 8:30-10:30p CST or anytime after on Itunes (search Sports Narrative under podcasts) or at www.thesportsnarrative.com
Operation American Freedom will be holding a rally on Wednesday, Dec. 10 in front of the White House to hold all elected officials accountable for their failure to uphold theor oath office to the U.S. Constitution. Denice Freeman, chief of operations for Operation American Freedom, will call in to discuss the event.
So many champions this week! And a few very sad fans as well. We will talk about them all on The Sports Narrative Radio Show! On this episode:
- We bring back The Narrative for look back at the tragic life and career of former Maverick Roy Tarpley
- Still more sadness as week try to console Dustin after a tragic and ridiculous Cowboys loss to the Packers. And a look at officiating from a different perspective
- Leaving the Cowboys behind, we look ahead to the Conference Championship Weekend as well as the other big moves in the NFL
- The National Championship was awarded on Monday night to the #4 team in the country! We examine Ohio State's improbable run to the trophy, Urban Meyer's legacy and some NFL Draft stuff too
- It's finally time to stop talking football and get to the important business of the day - Mick's Pub. In it we will discuss . . . something?
- We jam in a combo platter of items including NBA news, Hockey at the halfway point, Hot Stove Baseball Talk and whatever else we pile on our Sports Plate
All that and maybe a call or 2 also at (347) 308-8637
So please listen LIVE Jan 14th 8:30-10:30p CST or anytime after on Itunes (search Sports Narrative) or at www.thesportsnarrative.com
Grades are a big deal for our kids in sports. Playing sports is a privilege, and good grades are a requirement. So, how does Sports Mom motivate her brood to keep up their grades and still giving their all to their chosen sports? Tune in and learn what works for The Sports Mom Podcast!
Join Host Live Chats
- SOTT Radio Network (45 chatters)
- SpiritualistMediumRayBokor (16 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (16 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (8 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (7 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (3 chatters)
- On Air with Wheelze (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- wrestlechat0 (1 chatters)
- Pick Up The Pieces (1 chatters)
- Father Teresa (1 chatters)
- Cinema Files Radio (1 chatters)
- Power of Perception Radio Network (0 chatters)