SORT BY Relevancy
Joining Bill today on KOKS Live Radio Show is Lynette Owens, The Director of Trend Micro’s Internet Safety for Kids and Families (ISKF) program.
After many years in marketing roles and serving for 6 years as Associate VP of corporate marketing for Trend Micro, Lynette founded the ISKF program to help deliver on the company’s vision of making a world safe for the exchange of digital information.
As a pro-technology parent and Internet safety advocate, Lynette spends most of her time raising awareness and educating the public about the safe and responsible use of the Internet, recruiting fellow employee volunteers to get involved around the world, or volunteering her own time in her community.
For more on Lynette click here: InternetSafety
When was the last time you stopped and congratulated your kids? What did you congratulate them for? Was is at a special event or after a great accoplishment? Are we celebrating our kids for their achievements or for who they are? When was the last time someone celebrated you?
" For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope". (JEREMIAH 29: 11)
Chat with me and my co host Jessica about everything with Kids from understanding, communicating, teaching, healing, and becoming more intumescent with your family tribe!
Will also go over is that really an imaginary friend? Psychic kids, are they more psychic then you?
One of my gifts of reading energy is with kids. All I need is a name to tune into them even as babies and I can tell you about their health, allergies, how they learn, what they want, what their gifts are and what is coming up for them.
Not only am I great at tuning into kids energy to help YOU I have plenty of experince of being a parent of 5 kids, ages 23 - 7!! Yes all mine and I am very blessed!
Call in with questions LIVE 917-889-2843
Michelle Miyamoto-Galvan is the author of 3 spectacular books for kids who don't fit into the typical hetero-normative, gender binary stereotypes. In her words, these are "books about everyday kids who are going through life feeling a little different than all the other kids around them." The books embrace fludity in gender identiy, sexual idenity and orientation, and encourages kids to feel okay in their own skin.
Michelle Miyamoto-Galvan is a single mother of three children. She attended California State University, Northridge where she obtained her Master's degree in clinical psychology and a Minor in human sexuality.
She is a social worker at a Community Based Adult Services center, where she provides counseling and access to community resources to seniors and adults with mental health issues.
Michelle enjoys sharing everything she can and is diverse in her interests and skills, she is certified in massage therapy and reflexology and has taught all ages from pre-school to adults (massage therapy and a college course) and has over 15 years experience in business management. Michelle also has an artistic side, she enjoys dancing, including Hawaiian, Aztec and salsa dancing and enjoys sewing, painting, writing and just about anything that requires creativity.
Get the books on Amazon:
During this hour you'll discover:
1. How increased screen time can threaten the emotional and educational development of a child.
2. How a parent can you tell if your child is spending too much screen time.
3. How screen time impacts a child’s brain stimulation and when it can become an addiction.
4. How parents be actively involved in their child’s social media life.
5. The age at which a parent should allow their child privacy regarding their technology and social media sites.
6. How to address the bright-shiny object syndrome as it applies to the latest technologies and gadgets including cell phones.
7. How screen time impacts a child’s emotions and how to prevent your kids from spending more time with their devices than with other people.
8. Advice for busy parents who want to monitor screen time, but aren’t physically present to do so.
9. Some ways you can model best practices in your own life.
10. Advice for parents of older children who resist screen time limitations.
11. Ideas for family activities that do not include gadgets or screen time.
Arlene Pellicane is a speaker and multi-book author whose background includes being the Associate Producer for Turning Point Television. She earned her BA from Biola University and her Masters in Journalism from Regent University. She lives in San Diego with her husband James and their three young children. Learn more at www.ArlenePellicane.com
Summer's almost here - no school, fun times, summer camp! Do you have a child with special abilities? How can you tell? What do they enjoy doing for activities? Send them to Psychic Summer Camp. This show will help you to identify what kind of Spiritual Child you have and if they are ready to bond with like minded others.
Be a mindful paent and let them come to Cosmic Kids Summer Camp!