SORT BY Relevancy
In light of the death of Robon Williams, the topic of depression has received some attention. Depression is a real condition that affects millions of people, many of them older adults. Let's talk about depression on the next episode of Discussions with Delia.
Suicide can sometimes be the unfortunate outcome of depression, join us for a serious discussion. No, talking about suicide does not encourage it.
eCareDiary's caregiving expert, Margery Pabst will speak to Dr. Jeffrey Levine, geriatrician at Mt. Sinai Hospital and photographer about ageism and opportunities for caregivers to change perceptions towards older loved adults.
Matthew Silva of the Midwest Institute for Addiction, talks about common addictions among older adults and how their institute assists in helping caregivers to advocate for them.
Matthew Silva earned a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Masters in Rehabilitation Counseling and Masters in Business Administration. Matt is also a Certified Reciprocal Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor. He considers himself extremely fortunate to have been able to study and be supervised by Jack Platt, an extremely brilliant and nationally recognized therapist.
He struggled with a personal addiction which began a journey into his own recovery and a new love for life. This journey was the start of a desire to learn more about addictions so that he could assist others.
He has worked at BJC Behavioral Health as a Community Support worker, SSM St Joseph Hospital as a Psychiatric Therapist, and Director/Service Coordinator of SSM New Vision Detoxification unit. More recently he served as a substance abuse counselor and Vice President of Operational Affairs for Assisted Recovery Centers of America.
One of Matt's more recent projects was the co-founding of the Temperance House, which has been a successful transitional home for individuals in recovery. After the launch of the Temperance House and achieving his MBA in 2011, Matt made the decision to use his knowledge and expertise to develop an optimum and comprehensive treatment center now known as Midwest Institute for Addiction.
Midwest Institute for Addiction 711 Old Ballas Rd, Suite 203 Creve Coeur, MO 63141 office 314.569.2253 www.MidwestInstituteForAddiction.com
Steven Roose, MD and Bret Rutherford, MD will be speaking about the troubles that older adults can have with depression and memory, and the evaluation and tests that can be done to help them.
They will also discuss the treatment options that are available.
What is the best treatment for older people who have mild chronic depression?
2. Are there novel antidepressant medications that may work as well but with fewer side effects than current treatments?
3. Are there innovative treatments for patients who have been resistant to antidepressant medication?
In older patients with depression and memory problems, are there treatment strategies that can effectively address both types of symptoms and result in good long-term outcomes?
For information on the Adult Late-Life Depression Research Clinic please go to http://columbiapsychiatry.org/faculty/researchclinics/mid-and-late-life-depression or call 646 774-8652
To listen to any of Columbia Psychiatry's previous 50 blogtalkradio broadcasts on topics such as child sand adolescent mental health, OCD or eating disorders go to blogtalkradio.com/columbiapsychiatrynyspi
We will go into details on relationships between older men and younger men. We will also talk why we think older women are into younger men. What do they have in common? What's the attraction? How older is too old? How young is too young? Are these relationships motivated by money and greed? Are they genuinely in love? These are some of the questions we want answered. If you think you have the answers, feel free to call in and let us know.
What are some of the special challeges involved with caring for older pets? Many times when we take on the responsibility of caring for a new pet, we forget that as time goes on, our beloved friends will inevitably grow older--and with advancing age comes special care that may not have been needed when they were younger. Some of the same ills that older humans suffer from can affect our pets: arthritis, diabetes, (and certain cancers and tumors are more common in dogs or cats as they age). In this episode, we will explore ways that you can be better prepared to give your pets the best care possible in their golden years, and to keep them healthy as long as possible. So please tune in to our June 26th episode at 5PM, CST on The Missy Show.
It is important to raise awareness about college-age adults entering this new world of independence, learning and exploration, especially those in the cleft and craniofacial community. This week's "CleftCast" continues "The Healthy Smile" series, giving attention and emphasis on the college years. Host Joe Rutland shares personal stories as well as insights into different subjects that might trigger (in a healthy way) helpful ideas and ways to get through the college years with a craniofacial anomaly. One thing is for sure: these college-age years will not be dull and boring. Some will find new energy for life; others may still be haunted from their past. The hope is to build an educational and emotional foundation that not only carries forward from high school into college, yet into further adult development. Embrace the special wonder that is you ... no matter where you are in life as you download and listen to "CleftCast" any time of the day or night, anywhere around the world.
On episode 27 the subject is getting older the panel talks about what it’s like going through the aging process the pros and the cons.
Hosts: Kinte Acuminous Watanabe
Norma Mena Shirley Martin
Olaf Barbosa Matthew Hahn aka Groucho Beer
production info:episode 27 Getting Older 8/18/14
Tonight we are talking about growing older and how it affects us. We live in an age where people seem obsessed with staying young and living forever. But the truth is we all age.... and age can be a positive and negative experience.
You know you're getting older when you've heard yourself say, "Because I told you so!"
There are 3 Ages of Men and Women: youth, middle age, and you look good!
Remember when...memory was something you lost with age. An application was for employment. A program was a TV show. A cursor used profanity. A keyboard was a piano, A web was a spider's home. A virus was the flu. A CD was a bank account. A hard drive was a long trip on the road. A mouse pad was where a mouse lived and if you had a 3-inch floppy . . . You just hoped nobody ever found out!
So let's talk about growing older, adjusting to life changes and how this affects our love relationships.
Join me in the studio on 3479457556 or comment in the chatroom
Dr. Cathy Reimers, Ph.D., psychologist in New Jersey, and co-host Jennifer Russello, parent in New Jersey, discuss adult ADHD and how it can impact memory. Most adults with ADHD struggle with remembering information and staying on track with daily routine tasks. These difficulties can cause problems within several different arenas of a person’s life; such as emotional, social, vocational, marital, legal, financial or academic areas. Adults with ADHD can improve their short-term memory, working memory and overall executive functioning of the brain with the right skill set, mnemonic techniques, and habits of mind. So REMEMBER to listen to the tips we are going to share in our show. REMEMBER TO REMEMBER.
COUGARS!! Older women dating younger men seems to be the latest fad. What's up with that? Tonight, we're discussing that and so much more. With our special guest, comedian, Christy Gaynell! For the hottest host, the best laughs, music, and entertainment news, YOU MUST TUNE IN TO CRUNKTOWN RADIO. With your host Kandy Kisses, Ms. Island Girl Ent, and Keenya Noel. Call in at (646) 716-6674 at 8pm. Press 1 to speak with the host or just sit back and enjoy the show!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (435 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (59 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (32 chatters)
- The Portal (24 chatters)
- HOV Radio (15 chatters)
- SHRAonair (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (12 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (11 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (11 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (9 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (9 chatters)
- churchfolk (8 chatters)
- thelordshour (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- FFToolbox (5 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (4 chatters)
- OSU free choice learning (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (3 chatters)
- NCI Radio (3 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- YPI Consultants LLC (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (2 chatters)
- KayleeJackson (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Real Talk With Robert Simmons (2 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- Off the Rails Radio (1 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (1 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (1 chatters)
- SpiritMessages (1 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (1 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (1 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- BishopJD (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Fins Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- coachtmb (1 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (0 chatters)
- American Statesman (0 chatters)