SORT BY Relevancy
True to form Katie Parla delights us with her love of food. In the second segment of There is No Such Thing as Italian Food Katie and I discuss Offal in Rome and throughout Italy.
The Italians do a wonderful job turning often discarded portions of animals into amazing dishes. You’d be surprised at how amazing sweet breads can taste when prepared at the hands of a master Italian chef.
Katie offers three restaurants that she recommends to find the best Offal in Rome. They are Cesare al Casaletto, Armando al Pantheon, and L'Arcangelo, Checchino dal 1887.
I’ve also added two links from Katie’s site to dig a little deeper
Here are links to visit the restaurants websites on your own
Lastly you can download Katie’s app and search for Offal to find exactly what you’re looking for while in Rome. If you'd like Katie to guide you through Rome to taste these delicious dishes you can book a tour with her at
Don’t be fooled by cut, the dishes we discuss are fantastic and should make your list of must haves while in the Eternal City.
The food in Italy is amazing; everybody knows that. Starting in January begins the There is No Such Thing as Italian Food segment dedicated to exploring the regional cuisine of Italy. My guest list is amazing so far and we'll be talking about wine, cheese, bread, DOC ingredients and items, pasta, cooking styles, terrain differences, historical influence, and dishes.
The guest list is impressive and each guest brings their own expertise to the table.
Some upcoming segment titles and topics to preview.
1. Lampredotto - The Divine Florentine Staple with the owners of the first Lampredotto truck in Florence located in the Central Market.
2. Fish, Fish, Fish - with the owner of one of the best seafood restaurants in Italy who also started a campaign to save the reef near his restaurant to improve the fish population to support his restaurant and keep the coastline pristine. Pure artisan!
3. Truffles - God's Tubor with the President of Italy's Truffle Organization aimed to discuss the different varieties, festivals, and what region has the best once and for all.
4. 5 different segments with winemakers from boutique wineries throughout Italy.
5. Cheese from the farm of the artisan to your table with key cheese-makers of the finest cheese in Italy
6. Offal - Diners love it unless they know what they're eating
Join Host Live Chats
- TruthRadioNetwork (10 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (2 chatters)
- The Cricket Show (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- commonsensenj (1 chatters)
- Kingdom United Ministries Network (1 chatters)
- Rebecca L N (0 chatters)
- ZnaTrainer (0 chatters)