SORT BY Relevancy
This week on Third Eye Cinema: a true legend in death metal, the one and only James Murphy!
The first, and perhaps only true guitar hero in the death metal genre, James debuted as a touring member of classic speed metallers Agent Steel, and in short order found himself performing on a number of key albums in the glory days of death metal: Death's Spiritual Healing, Obituary's Cause of Death, Cancer's Death Shall Rise, and his own Disincarnate with Dreams of the Carrion Kind, as well as being a ubiquitous guest soloist on any number of albums recorded by legendary producer Scott Burns at Florida's Morrisound studios!
After appearing on a few well respected records from Bay Area thrashers Testament, James turned his hand towards a pair of solo records and a new career in production, before hitting a devastating setback no one could have predicted.
Now back on track and working as both producer and musician on a number of projects (including a planned Disincarnate album!), we chat with James about everything from soup to nuts, from his earliest days in music through the heyday of death metal and right up to the present day!
Join us as we speak to James Murphy, only here on Third Eye Cinema!
Week 85 (Sun. July 13) with James Murphy of Death, Obituary, Cancer, Testament and Disincarnate
Why the New York Times is Wrong – Using Basic Genealogy Tools and Methods to Show that Your Family Name Was Not Changed At Ellis Island.
There is a common misconception, call it an old wives tale or an urban legend, that family names were often changed at Ellis Island. Such myths gain a great deal of credibility when newspapers such as the New York Times, the country’s “paper of record”, perpetuates these myths by repeating them, in this case in obituaries.
When Kenneth saw one of these obituaries a few years ago, he wrote to the Times pointing out their error and suggesting sources that they could check to verify what he was saying. When they seemed to ignore him, he did the research on the family of the person named in the obituary and was able to show what the name was when the family immigrated and how the family name changed as they adapted to life in the United States. He sent all of the proof to the Times and was still ignored. Finally the Times responded. They were not going to do anything to correct the erroneous obituary but suggested they might do a news story on the issue. The experience led him to do a search of other Times obituaries with the Ellis Island story. He located about half a dozen. After doing the research on each, he was able to show the original name for each of them.
Kenneth A. Bravo received his JD from The Ohio State University, College of Law and his B.A. degree in Economics from Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey. He is Vice President of the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) and, the former president and current member of the Board of Trustees of the Jewish Genealogy Society of Cleveland. Bravo has lectured on a number of genealogical topics.
In journalism class, one of our first assignments was to write our obituary. It was a task that got one to think about ones life and achievements, and what's really important in life. Some legendary men and women have chosen this time to make their transition, and as we honor their lives we reflect on what we learned from them, and what we will create that honors their legacy. We are the people we have been waiting for to come and change the world. So today's assignment is to write your own obituary. What will be said about YOU at your home going ceremony? Whose lives did you touch with your work? Who have you left behind to carry on your vision?
Saturday 03/07/15 12pm ET/ 11am CTRL/10am MTN/9am Pac Call in and listen at 1-347-934-0379 or during and after the program online at:
Marilyn Marsh our dear sister has gone home to be with her Lord and we honor her this day by this re-telecast. She was a valiant warrior for Christ, endearing host to the Hen's Pen program, and you can learn more about her through video and in her obituary which you can sign at:
Her video Testimony at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnA-85jRG2I
How about? How do you want the rest of your life to be? Let's think about what you want the focus of the rest of your life to be. If you wrote your obituary today what would it say? What do you want it to say?
Please join us this evening on BlogTalkRadio for another great chat on Discussions with Delia.
BlogTalkRadio - DiscussionsWithDelia - Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 6:30pm
Do call in live on 619639462
Join us today 5:30 CST as we raise the question:
50 years since the asasination of Malcolm X does his words still have relevance?
His funeral was held on February 27, 1965 at Faith Temple Church of God in New York City. "All of us sitting here tonight, men and women, black and white, can stand a little taller because a man like Malcolm X walked on our earth, lived in our midst, smiled his smile on the face of Harlem," said Ossie Davis, an actor, director, writer and social activist, in a speech delivered at the funeral
"You are not suppose to be so blind with Patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who says it."
" Im for truth no matter who tells it, Im for justice no matter who its for or against".
On tonight's show:
Maryland Democrats show what they think of you the citizens. Hint, it isn't flattering.
BGE rates just went up for the fourth time in four years. We discuss the O'Malley legacy of ever higher utility rates.
Remember a year ago when Barry Rascovar wrote the obituary of the MDGOP? Tony O'Donnell does and he has a great "I told you so" for Mr. Rascovar.
We start a discussion about how "Pro-Business" the Maryland Chamber of Commerce really is.
Some fun time, I will tell you about 21 phrases you are using without realizing you are quoting Shakespeare.
3 Crucial Steps For Creating The Perfect Life | MP3 and PDF Download
Go to: www.UltimateLife360.com
You’ll also be able to watch a short video on how you can reprogram your habits of thinking for happiness and success.
Inspiration of the Day
“Live today the way you want to be remembered tomorrow.”
- Dillon Burroughs
So Now What?
There’s an old saying: “If you want to know how to live your life, think about what you’d like people to say about you after you die and live backwards.”
Let me give you an example.
Alfred Nobel invented dynamite in 1867. He did so because he thought his invention would actually end warfare. He wrote that, “The day when two army corps can annihilate each other in one second, all civilized nations, it is to be hoped, will recoil from war and discharge their troops.”
His ideas were not unlike the massive military build up during the Cold War between The Soviet Union and the United States from the 1960’s to 1980’s – preemptive deterrence.
However, life has a way of throwing curve balls, and in 1888, when Alfred’s brother Ludvig died, a French newspaper mistakenly ran an obituary for Alfred, in which they called him “the merchant of death..."
Continue Reading At Mojo Wisdom
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Michael Largo. Michael Largo is the author of God’s Lunatics, Genius and Heroin, The Portable Obituary, the Bram Stoker Award-winning Final Exits: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of How We Die, and three novels. His latest book is THE BIG, BAD BOOK OF BOTANY: The World’s Most Fascinating Flora, an entertaining and enlightening one-of-a-kind compendium of the world’s most amazing and bizarre plants, their history, and their lore. He is the former editor of New York Poetry and the researcher/archivist for the film company Allied Artists. He and his family live in Florida with their dog, two turtles, a parrot, two canaries, and a tank of fish.
this weeks Q&A includes:
• making herbal medicinal vinegars
• explanation of dosing different herbal tinctures
• 4 types of plant poisons- alkaloids, glycosides, resins and volatile oils
• why to make infusions, cook greens for an hour and the difference between seasoning herbs and nourishing herbs.
• ingesting too many volatile oils in plants gum up the kidneys and liver
• do plants contain estrogens? not many, but phytosterols which are precursors to be converted by intestinal flora..
• motherwort tincture to moderate blood pressure, no hydrogenated oils and movement..
• calcification in blood vessels? drink nettle infusion!
• hormonal disruptors..
• motherwort, lavender and other mints in regards to the thyroid..
• poke berry seed safety..
• estrogens in the body and vitex berry tincture..
• anxiety, motherwort tincture, visualization exercise..
• why Susun uses 100 proof vodka for tinctures
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (40 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (32 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (29 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (27 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (23 chatters)
- Odwirafo (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (18 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (14 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- in5d (10 chatters)
- SURN Host (7 chatters)
- BeverlyD (7 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (6 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (5 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (5 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (4 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- IU Radio LIVE Politico Talk (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- RLS Network (3 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (3 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (3 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (2 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (2 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Dr Synonymous (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Exchange (1 chatters)