SORT BY Relevancy
Join Kitty Elavase for another hot music mix Friday! Listen in as she plays music from the late Notorious B.I.G. Tune in for the live broadcast Friday August 22 at 12Pm Pst, 2PM Central and 3PM Eastern. Listen online www.blogtalkradio.com/elavase or via your phone 347-426-3673. Check out http://www.kittykattkloset.com Don't forget to listen and download all our archive shows!
The Chauncey DeVega Show on TruthWorks Network
This Episode: "The Notorious B.I.G., the current state of hip hop music with Jack Hamilton, Slate magazine"
In this episode of The Chauncey DeVega Show, Jack Hamilton of Slate Magazine and Chauncey talk about the life and legacy of the late, great, MC known as The Notorious B.I.G., the current state of hip hop music, the occasion of how many seminal hip hop albums are now 20-years-old, teaching popular music in the classroom, writing about music for Slate, the colorline and black music, and how/if the conversion from analog to digital has changed--in a negative way--publics' relationships with popular music, as well as the complicated role of the white critic in black music.
If you seek an analysis of the facts in a fusion of intelligent observation and alternative views , you might become a friend. We judge him by both, and you will too. Learn more about The Chauncey Devega Show and We Are Respectable Negroes here: www.chaunceydevega.com/
The "Chauncey DeVega Show" is the official podcast for Chauncey Devega and the website "We Are Respectable Negroes".
Follow @chaunceydevega @TWNtalk
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Meet #TheCypher at the intersection of ARTISTRY & CULTURE as they discuss some of the most pressing issues in our society, nothing is off limits! Also be on watch out for special guests.On a special broadcast the crew will discuss the late great Notorious B.I.G. in celebration of what would have been his 42nd birthday May 21st! Also we will have the debut of an all new segment "Ask Syd The Sav".
Do You Want More!?!??!
The Legendary Roots Crew famously asked that back in 1993 with their breakthrough sophomore album. Today, we are asking the same thing as get our HIp-Hop 365 on
The answer, Of Course you do Episode 5 is HERE!!! We Shall Procced and continue to give you what you need it's all good baby bay bay
- This episode we pay homage to the GOAT Notorious Christoper "Frank White" Wallace on his 41th Bday and profess our love for Hip-Hop culture,
- We cover The Roots new album . . . And Then You Shoot Your Cousin and the consistent greatness of The Roots frontman Emcee Extraordinaire, Black Thought
- We also talk Host Luda, CEO NaS, Meek Mill coming for the Summer, RZA, my boy Blu, The Brothers Thorton, Freestyling, California Crooked and Slaughterrrrrr Housssssssee!!!
Tissue In The Tape is now on iTunes.
Check us out. Show-N-Prove
Live Hip-Hop 365
This week on the show we are joined by "The Notorious Scumbag" Devon Moore. Devon talks about his Panes of Glass Match against Shane Strickland this Saturday Night for CZW at Night of Infamy. We also talk the Current State of CZW, the backstage Drama, Sozio as New Champion, Nation of Intoxication, Working Tangled Web and Death Matches in General. PWS, IWAMS, and lots more, a 1hr interview. Then Mathew Grant joins us with his FULL LIVE review of Alpha 1 Wrestling, Final Act 5 from this past Sunday. We talk Lucha Undergrounds debut episode, hit all the Indie News, review last weekends major results and preview this weekend as well!! Its your Thursday Indie Fix!
Notorious in the Neighborhood
Sex and Families Across the Color Line in Virginia, 1787-1861
"Laws and cultural norms militated against interracial sex in Virginia before the Civil War. Nonetheless, it was ubiquitous in urban, town, and plantation communities throughout the state. In Notorious in the Neighborhood, Joshua Rothman examines the full spectrum of interracial sexual relationships under slavery-from Thomas Jefferson, Sally Hemings, and the intertwined interracial families of Monticello and Charlottesville, to commercial sex in Richmond, the routinized sexual exploitation of enslaved women, and adultery across the color line.
White Virginians allowed for an astonishing degree of flexibility and fluidity within a seemingly rigid system of race and interracial relations, Rothman argues, and the relationship between law and custom regarding racial intermixture was always shifting. As a consequence, even as whites never questioned their own racial supremacy, the meaning and significance of racial boundaries, racial hierarchy, and ultimately of race itself always stood on unstable ground--a reality that whites understood and about which they demonstrated increasing anxiety as the sectional crisis intensified."
Joshua Rothman is Professor of History and African American Studies at the University of Alabama, where he is also Director of the Frances S. Summersell Center for the Study of the South.
This week we are joined by Jon Pressick: Editor of Best Sex Writing of The Year, host of Sex City and blogger of Sex in Words!
Best Sex Writing of the year is a collection of sex related internet pieces by an eclectic mix or authors. From gender fuild adult film star Jizz Lee to notorious college girl / star Belle Knox
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (459 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (62 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (38 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (25 chatters)
- Odwirafo (22 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (18 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (14 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (11 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (9 chatters)
- The Advise Show (8 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (8 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (8 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (6 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (5 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- AACONS (3 chatters)
- ANT Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- PatriotVPN (3 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (3 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- 101OasisRadio (1 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- Purpose Living Radio (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)