SORT BY Relevancy
Join co-hosts Ronald A. Edwards (MN Spokesman-Recorder, Black Focus, The Minneapolis Story.com) and Don Allen (Independent Business News Network, CNN's iReport, Black Politics in Minneapolis, USA Radical Black) for another powerpacked show. This Saturday at 3 p.m. (CST) we will update listeners on a double murder that happened in 2010. The mothers of Anton Warren and Romaze Stevens want to tell the world their story. The show, ON POINT! (The Ron and Don Show), covers current event,
Join Don Allen and special guests as they discuss recent events in North Minneapolis surrounding the murder of a local cabbie.
Join co-host Ronald A. Edwards and Don Allen for an in-depth, play-by-play of the north Minneapolis relief efforts. This show will cover the players, pimps and hustlers at the table. Current Events; Civil Rights and Politics
Tune in on Monday, June 6, 2011 at 2 p.m. for a live broadcast from the Cookie Cart in north Minneapolis about the North Minneapolis Tornado Relief Efforts. This will be very interesting. Hosted by Ronald A. Edwards and Don Allen.
KSTP-TV, ABC affiliate reports: "Two Minneapolis police officers are suspended; sources say they're accused of using racial and sexual slurs."
This is the story reported here first on Saturday, July 27.
This all began in an incident at a bar in Green Bay. It led to remarks so offensive that Green Bay officers reported the pair to Minneapolis Police.
According to Green Bay Police reports, officers Shawn Powell and Brian Thole created a "disturbance" at a Green Bay bar late last month.
They "had been drinking and their judgment was impaired," one Green Bay officer wrote.
After a confrontation with two black men, either Powell or Thole used the word 'n****r' to describe them and said the men "were doing their little monkey thing," racially offensive terms the Green Bay officers said they heard.
When those officers say they tried to get Powell and Thole to walk away, one disparaged the GBPD and said, "Are you kidding me? We have a lesbian f***ing chief that's looking to fire people for any reason."
Both officers are named in ongoing federal lawsuits that accuse them of civil rights violations. (Read the full story on KSTP-TV here:
Tune in tonight - the phone lines will be open.
The Ron and Don Show will have an exclusive report about a phone conversation with the Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights and a minority contruction firm in Kansas City, MO.
This weeks program will also cover the recent scattering of the rats because of the MSFA decision to pick a new compliance director and not deal with the usual suspects.
This is a one-hour program that will provide information you want see or hear reported on WCCO.
A possible conversation with Minneapolis mayoral candidate Stephanie Woodruff.
Minneapolis Urban League Gala
Minneapolis Economic Development Corporation
Join co-hosts Ronald A. Edwards and Don Allen as we examine the resent promises of jobs and opportunities promised by a handful of social service spokespersons that have been out-of-touch with reality.
There have been promises of jobs on the new Minnesota Vikings Stadium, Hennepin County Hub (service center) and a host of other local start-ups. The problem is, most who promote this "new rash of hiring" have not done their homework and are "cheerleaders" for a bigger problem that seeks to misrepresent unemployed and underemployed people of the Twin Cities.
We will also ask the question should local community members who do business with the public school system be given a drug test before contractual obligations are committed to?
We will also talk about the 2011 North Minneapolis Tornado and who really got relief.
This program is call-in show and we invite participant to get involved in the conversation.
The Minneapolis Police Department has suspended two officers. The reason why these suspensions become suspect is because of continiuos pattern of hate, racism and bigotry within the Minneapolis Police Department – An organization meant to protect and serve, now out-of-control.
Join co-hosts Ronald A. Edwards and Don Allen as they are prepared to broadcast an exclusive report about the Minneapolis Police and alleged comments made by an officer of the law: “This is what we do to niggers in Minneapolis.”
Also on Saturday’s program, joining us is Ms. Fartun Weli, Executive Director of Isuroon – a non-profit dedicated to the well being of the Somali community. On Friday, July 26 Weli held a press conference to state publically the Somali community gives a vote of no confidence to Minnesota’s commissioner of health.
We also examine the disappearance of the black leadership locally and nationally after the George Zimmerman trail. The only comment made by National Urban League president Mark Morial was, “We organized for the 2012 Vote No initiatives.” (Yes, of course - you got paid idiot.)
Phone lines will be open and we invite listeners to call in with questions and concerns.
Local Political News: Minneapolis Mayoral candidate Stephanie Woodruff joins us at the top of the hour. Woodruff is running for Mayor of Minneapolis. You really need to hear what she has to say.
Egypt: Obama silent over Egypt in muted Washington response to violence. The Guardian reports, "
Violence in Cairo was met with silence from Washington on Friday, as the Obama administration appeared to weigh its response to the evolving Egyptian crisis.
Egypt's new military regime clashed with pro-Muslim Brotherhood protesters during a series of demonstrations, leaving at least three people dead according to reports. The violence came as the army declared a state of emergency in Suez and southern Sinai and dissolved the upper house of the Egyptian parliament.
But criticism from Washington over the violence was, pointedly, muted. President Barack Obama did not issue a statement on Friday. Neither the State Department nor the Pentagon held briefings and Congress was out of session following the Fourth of July holiday.
*President Daniel Ortega says Nicaragua would be willing to give political asylum to US fugitive Edward Snowden "if circumstances permit" it.
*The team of Ron and Don contunie to discuss the Trayvon Martin trial and the signifigance of that this trial means for black Americans.
Twin Cities black leadership remains silent (crickets) on the shooting death of Terrrance Franklin. While Minneapolis police chief and mayor have washed their hands, there is no representation for the black community.
Join hosts Ronald A. Edwards and Don Allen as they discuss and breakdown what seemed to be a dog and pony show with the President of the United States. They will discuss mayor R.T. Rybak's role as he and his aide hand picked the "right Negroes" to be in the audience. Unfortunately, Minneapolis' black community was not represented by these people. We didn't know that felons could be that close to the president...
On Tuesday, April 10, 2013, locally based, international news outlets The Independent Business News Network, Black Politics in Minneapolis, Blak Focus and radio program ON POINT! conducted a random sampling of candidates running for Minneapolis Mayor in 2013.
At 19:00 hours on 4.10.13, there were three candidates that topped the list:
1. Gary Schiff
2. Cam Winton
3. Mark Andrew
ON POINT has sent invites to all three candidates to call into Saturdays program and spend 5-10 minutes with us and talk about their platforms for Minneapolis Mayor.
This open discussion between the candidates is a prelude to the upcoming Minneapolis Mayoral Forum titled, “To Tell the Truth in 2013 – Minneapolis Mayor’s Forum.”
This will be a :90 minute program, the phone lines will be open. We want to respect the candidates time so questions wil be given 30 seconds.
If you need anymore information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Channel Panel (316 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (179 chatters)
- John Baptist (68 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (55 chatters)
- AlimBey (49 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (21 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (21 chatters)
- Omega Man (21 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (18 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (15 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (15 chatters)
- BITEradio me (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (14 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (13 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (12 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (11 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (10 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (9 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (9 chatters)
- Ahura Z (9 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- The Intuitive Messenger Show (8 chatters)
- SuzyChannel (7 chatters)
- RadioFree QuickBooks (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (6 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (6 chatters)
- Breath Of Terra (5 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (5 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Life Harmony RADIO (5 chatters)
- Spirit Radio Show (5 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (5 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (4 chatters)
- The Sedona Connection (4 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (4 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (4 chatters)
- Denise Brown (4 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- First Love Radio (3 chatters)
- Arctic Ice Hockey (3 chatters)
- Ask The Cat Doctor Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (3 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (3 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (3 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (3 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (3 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- Sistar Cassandra (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- The Dice Dixon Show (3 chatters)
- They Might Be Taping (3 chatters)
- USC RADIO PRODUCTIONS CH ONE (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Gate (2 chatters)
- SportsJAM Network (2 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (2 chatters)
- Methylation and Gut Health (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Easy Wedding Planning Blog (2 chatters)
- Donna L Shaw Ministries (2 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- Center Lane Show (2 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (1 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Home Court Sports (1 chatters)
- No Turning Back (1 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Live with Ron Kelly (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Room 101 (1 chatters)
- STACK HOUSE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Tech Start Radio (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- Tribulation News (1 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (0 chatters)
- Dirt Tracking Southern Style1 (0 chatters)