SORT BY Relevancy
It's a previously unplanned show; while Francy is working her new job on a rare Sunday night shift, Nicholas Grabowsky wanted to broadcast a show for the sake of updating everyone on the progress of Black Bed Sheet Studios. He's going to throw down a few shots and chat a short while about what's going on with us and all the cool stuff in the works for a half hour or so.
Tune in and join me as I welcome this week's guests.
This week, I'll be doing my first posthumous interview. No, I won't be speaking to the author from the other side (that's another blogtalk radio category). I will be interviewing two gentlemen who knew Gary Reilly very well in life and were given the approval to seek publication for his books after his death.
When he was alive, Gary Reilly devoted his life to perfecting his writing - not seeking agent or publishers. He posthumously gave his books into the hands of Mike Keefe, a retired political cartoonist and Pulitzer Prize winner, and Mark Stevens, a former journalist and acclaimed author in Colorado, for publishing.
Of the first five titles – “The Asphalt Warrior,” “Ticket to Hollywood,” “The Heart of Darkness Club,” “Home for the Holidays” and “Doctor Lovebeads” – two hit No. 1 on the Denver area bestsellers list and two have been nominated for the Colorado Book Award.
Tune in Friday at11AM EST or listen to the archive.
For more information about Gary Reilly and his books:
BLACK FRIDAY WEEKEND SPECIAL
5 Books for $50
10 Books for $100
Henry Cross made a mistake; in fact he made two. The first was to spy for the Soviet Union inside a top-secret U.S. Department of Energy nuclear weapons laboratory. The second was to get caught. When the KGB finds out Henry Cross is a defector, it orders a second mole at Monroe Laboratory to kill Cross in a conspicuous manner. Other KGB agents need to be reminded that disloyalty will not be tolerated. Upon discovery of the murder, the DOE, FBI, and Monroe security conclude that another spy is operating at the site. Not wanting to reveal its intelligence to the mole or create a media circus at a top-secret lab, DOE covers up the murder.
Into this situation walks Ed Cotter, a newly recruited cold warrior. In a world where hyper-enforced federal regulations and their unintended consequences are the norm, Ed proves himself to be a positive addition to the staff. But one of his colleagues, Curtis Judd, is less than thrilled. Judd provokes Cotter in not so subtle ways, letting him know that he isn’t welcome at Monroe. But Ed Cotter isn’t leaving. In the meantime, the hunt for the spy continues, and Cotter gets drawn into it.
An Imposition is the first in a series of books based on events at the Department of Energy’s top-secret Monroe nuclear weapons laboratory during the boom years of the Reagan administration.
Blood Web: Caitlin Diggs Series #1:
FBI Special Agent Caitlin Diggs faces a paranormal killer when a crystal takes over a teen and leads her on a chase across the country. Empowering the teen with supernatural abilities, the crystal exacts revenge on descendants of soldiers responsible for the Sand Creek Massacre but it also has a taste for neurotransmitter serotonin which it needs from humans to continue its consciousness.
Agent Diggs is the only FBI agent in the bureau to consider extreme possibilities and surmises the teen has a means to track his victims via DNA.
A heart pounding cat and mouse game ensues as Diggs attempts to fool the teen she is his next victim but as she plays with fire, a former military man begins to see the crystal as the perfect ingredient for a mind control weapon. Because the crystal possesses sentience it can counter Diggs' plan for its demise and possibly exert mind control over her as well.
Can Diggs stop this biological internet from taking more victims, becoming a tool for mass mind control and resist the lure of its blood web?
CHASE ENTERPRISES PUBLISHING
Clayton C Bye
BLACK MOON: THE MOONLIGHT TRILOGY~
The second book in the Moonlight Trilogy
Simon Howard accidently killed three people. Four months later, the nightmares won’t stop. Willa Fairfield, his girlfriend, his soul mate, wants nothing more than to help him move on. But guilt isn’t the only thing getting in Simon’s way. When unexplained earthquakes hit the small town of Twelve Acres and dozens of people go missing, the Light witches discover their most feared enemy, Archard, is still alive. Employing the twisted, dynamic magic of a legendary witch known as Bartholomew the Dark, Archard plans to exact his revenge and take control of the Powers of the Earth on the night of the black moon, a rare lunar event infamous for Dark magic. As the Light Covenant fumbles to defend against Archard’s sadistic intentions, Simon’s magic grows inexplicably more powerful—even dangerous. Willa throws all her efforts into solving the mystery of Simon’s transformation, but when the events of the past storm into the present, the couple’s future changes forever.
Tonight Black Geeks talk about the multitude of books that they consume on an annual basis. Well... all expect for one of the Black Geeks. Maybe the other Geeks and show our non-reading Brother, the joy of the literary experience.
Please join us Sunday 10AM CST/11AM EST as we discuss negative, racist black stereotypes and the people who perpetuate them.
We will discuss the brilliant article written by Raina in depth.
Why is it acceptable in the secular community when negative stereotypes and caricatures of the black community (religious and otherwise) are presented to them?
Is it acceptable if black atheists perpetuate the stereotypes while attempting to pathologize the community that they claim that they want to help?
Is speaking at all white conferences considered activism nowadays?
Are black atheists silence on issues of racism, social justice, sexism, etc. being purchased with the promises of speaking engagements, etc.?
This and more on Sunday.
Dial into the show 310-982-4273 and press 1 to speak with the hosts. You can also Skype into the show.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (187 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (31 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (28 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (24 chatters)
- The Portal (23 chatters)
- Straitway (21 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (21 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (12 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (10 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- in5d (8 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (8 chatters)
- FionaBenjamin (6 chatters)
- EmpowerYOU Radio (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- thelordshour (5 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (3 chatters)
- redmaryland (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (2 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (2 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (2 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (2 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (2 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Spirit of 76 Remedy (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (1 chatters)
- Painters Dream Productions (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Restore The Republic Show (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Impact Media (1 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- ALLFACTS IS BACK (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment (0 chatters)