SORT BY Relevancy
As we do every Friday, we open up the lines and let you to talk about whatever is on your mind. Special guest Nate Salaam joins us to lend his unique brand of humor and insight. Be sure to give us a call or send us your questions and comments to itsyourdime @nfcnblog.com. You can also tweet us @NFCNblog. The time flies by quick on "Open Line Friday," so be quick and be good!
Columnist Nate Salaam makes an encore appearance to discuss such topics as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s successful arbitration bid; Aaron Rodgers’ announcement that he wants to be a Green Bay Packer for life; the possibility of the league bringing in “scab” officials for the 2012 season; and more recent arrests in the NFC Naughty. Or send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also tweet us @NFCNblog or leave your comments in our live chat room.
Co-hosts Nate Koenig and Rourke Decker start the Independence Day holiday off with a blast as they analyze and commentate on (or rant and rave about, as the case may be) the latest NFL and NFC North news.
They will also be talking about the significance of Independence Day in America. If you have your own stories about what the 4th of July means to you, be sure to call in and regale us with your tales. Or just tell us what your plans are for the holiday. Or just to talk smack about other teams in the league.
Co-hosts Nate Koenig and Rourke Decker will help you go easily into that dark night with their special brand of hammered humor and slurred satire as they take a liquored look at the week that was in the world of sports. Never able to stay on topic for long, they will be sure to careen off into tipsy tangents on irrelevant pop culture references.
If you're feeling an attack of the munchies coming on, you'll be happy to know that free agent quarterback Donovan "McRibb" McNabb is 80% to 90% sure that he'll be playing in the NFL in 2012. Could luck with that, Donny-boy.
Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe has come out in vocal support of gay marriage. This is sue to provoke a lively discussion as the ethanol flows this evening. Where do you stand on this contentious issue and does it even matter anymore?
It has been argued that getting their new stadium deal approved was the equivalent of winning the Super Bowl for the Vikings. What does that say about the fate of this downtrodden franchise?
We welcome Tiger Report founder and editor Tiger Hebert to the studio.Tiger will preview the players to look out for in 2012 — not only in the NFC North, but in the rest of the league as well. He will give us his insights into the players he think are poised to have a big breakout or have the greatest impact on the field and in the locker room.
NFC North “Black and Blue” blog contributor Mike Gabelbauer will also be making an appearance to preview his upcoming article on the four NFC North players who needs to step their game up in 2012 if their teams are to have a viable chance to contend for the divisional crown.
Today on It's Your Dime radio, co-hosts Nate Koenig and Rourke Decker are joined by special guest Christi Doyle as they explore some of the stranger stories to emerge in the NFL lately.
Aaron Rodgers just released the latest in a series of humorous Milwaukee Brewers ads. Although the ads were funny, what does it say about an organization that has to recruit a player from another sport to pitch its product? And was it really necessary to exploit rumors of a possible homoerotic relationship between Rodgers and Ryan Braun in order to sell game tickets?
As training camp and preseason approach, the minds of fans will turn to their upcoming game parties. Nate and Rourke will discuss football-party foods, beverages, attire, and etiquette, and they'll probably have some salty opinions about whether it's allowed to have your wife there.
It’s another soppy and sudsy edition of Sloshed Saturday! Co-hosts Nate Koenig and Rourke Decker will help you go easily into that dark night with their special brand of hammered humor and slurred satire. What’s up with NFL teams signing Arena Football League players and then ditching them like last year’s prom date? Who does Chicago Bears running back Matt Forté think he is, threatening to hold out on training camp this year? Now that former Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has announced that he really doesn’t care about the bounty placed on him, is it time for the league to just drop the investigation altogether? Shouldn’t former San Diego Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson be in the Hall of Fame already?
Host Patrick Bates takes to the airwaves for this Sunday Funday edition at 3:30 CT. He is sure to bring his signature smartassery to bear on such topics as Brett Favre's recent comments about Aaron Rodgers; Cliff Avril's statement that the Lions shouldn't be labeled astroublemakers for their off-field incidents; Nick Fairley "asking" to attend the NFL Rookie symposium; and Brian Urlacher's intentions to test the open markets after this season (and his contract) are over. If you need a refreshing respite from the Sunday afternoon doldrums in these dog days of summer, be sure to tune in for Patrick's prattle.
Co-hosts Nate Koenig and Rourke Decker explore the psychology of the NFC North.
As arrests of Detroit Lions and Minnesota Vikings players continue to mount, murmurs of dissatisfaction are beginning to emerge amongs. At what point will the strategy of "bread and circuses" no longer palliate the masses?
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson may be placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list, which will shelve him until at least Week 6. What effect will this have on the Vikings' fortunes in 2012?
Nationally recognized high school football coach Kevin Kelley returns to discuss the psychological effects of his radical coaching philosophy on his own team -- and more importantly, on the opponents.
Coach Kelley almost never punts, he rarely returns punts, and he onside kicks about 75% of the time. As coach of the Little Rock, Arkansas, Pulaski Academy Bruins, he has lead the team to five state championship appearances since 2003, winning three of them.
Kevin Kelley is virtually one of a kind in the world of football coaching, so don't miss this rare opportunity to visit with a legend in the making.
Who are the most useless players in the NFC North? Tune in today to find out! Plus get the latest scoop on Kate Upton!
Today on It's Your Dime radio, co-hosts Nate Koenig and Rourke Decker go around the NFC North Division -- and the league -- to bring you the latest, most interesting news in the world of football. They will delve into the strange mind of ESPN anchor Skip Bayless, who would have us believe that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is a better field marshall than Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers? Is it really true, as Bayless implies, that Rodgers is nothing more than a front runner? They will get into the ongoing media drama swirling around Packers backup center Evan Dietrich-Smith and Detroit Lions defensive end Ndamukong Suh. Dietrich-Smith says he is ready to move on and doesn't want to be known as a victim. Suh says he was the victim. Whom are we to believe and does it even matter? Aaron Rodgers just released the latest in a series of humorous Milwaukee Brewers ads. Although the ads were funny, what does it say about an organization that has to recruit a player from another sport to pitch its product?
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (173 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (139 chatters)
- John Baptist (76 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (61 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (18 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (15 chatters)
- AlimBey (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (10 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (9 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (9 chatters)
- thedean (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- Aquaman (8 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (8 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (7 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (7 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (6 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (6 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- 63489 (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (5 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (4 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (3 chatters)
- JackNewtown (3 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (3 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- WWCRHost (3 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Finding Relisha Rudd Show (2 chatters)
- 2 Black Girls And A Mic (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (2 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Change Your Life2 (1 chatters)
- Chaos Network (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- The Serious Bible Study (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)