SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Award-winning ABC News Anchor Dan Harris has covered wars and presidential campaigns; he’s investigated human traffickers and been chased by wild elephants. But by far his most challenging assignment was something much more personal: taming the voice in his head. Here him tell the story of his odyssey that ranged from the inner sanctum of television news to the bizarre fringes of self-help to the vanguard of neuroscience.
Dan Harris found a way to be happier, calmer and—according to his wife—nicer in the midst of one of the most competitive careers on earth. And if it can work for someone as skeptical and stress-prone as him, it can work for you, too. It’s a far cry from the heal-your-life, solve-all-your-problems over-promising of self-help. What Dan stumbled upon is practical, doable, and scientifically researched. Discover these simple and potentially life-changing ways in his new book: 10% HAPPIER: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works—A True Story
“I came to realize,” writes Harris, “that if you can get past the unfortunate cultural baggage, what you’ll find is that meditation is exercise for your brain. There’s nothing necessarily mystical or spiritual about it; it’s a treadmill for optimizing your mental fitness.” Written with candor and a wicked sense of humor, 10% HAPPIER is a spiritual book written for, and by, someone who would otherwise never read a spiritual book. It is both a serious and a seriously funny look at mindfulness and meditation as the next big public health revolution.
in Self Help
Tonight on Kickass Personal Transformation, we are focusing on destroying the stigma surrounding addiction, depression and suicide.
The stigma is not only dangerous, it can be fatal for those who suffer in silence. In the wake of Robin Williams’ death, many of us are discussing, disclosing, and processing our emotions: not only our grief for the loss of a brilliant talent, but also our desire to have a conversation about these too often taboo topics that should be openly discussed and treated.
Having an open discussion takes courage, and tonight’s guest has plenty of it.
Shannon Cagle Dawson is an award-winning multimedia news producer, an adjunct professor at her alma mater of Butler University, and a member of several charitable organizations. She is also the widow of the highly regarded and award-winning news anchor and investigative reporter Rick Dawson. Rick took his own life as a result of depression in September 2013.
We are grateful to Shannon for her courage, and her dedication to shedding light on these issues.
We are also thankful for Judge Diana Burleson who knows first-hand the effect that addition and mental illness has on juveniles.
The Holy Bible calls it the "hope of salvation". Does a man hope for something that he already possesses? What does this mean? What are the implications on doctrines like so-called eternal security or once saved always saved? Is it possible that many popular Bible Teachers and Preachers are wrong? Join brother Jim in this simplistic and scripturally wholesome Bible message on hope. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Amen.
in Self Help
OPEN LINES and tons of opportunities to experience special healing modalities of many kinds on the air!
News for the Soul is the #1 Life Changing Talk Radio Show in the world according to AOL and ASK.com and YOUTUBE and GOOGLE and so on. NFTS is home to the largest totally free life changing media library in the world. We are syndicated on the AIR, on the WEB ... and beyond! DID YOU KNOW: News for the Soul is home to the largest and best totally free life changing audio resource on the world wide web since January 1997... ... because what you focus on expands ...
SPONSOR OF THE DAY: www.SpoonbendingKit.com
Call in (646) 595 4274
TUNE IN: www.NewsfortheSoul.com
Join guest Shawn Lappen and host Kevin Hunter on The Business Forum Show as they discuss Shawn's ownership of Anchor Insurance, an independent insurance agency. Anchor Insurance offers insurance from many different companies, and in doing so, the agency is better equipped to take care of its clients. Also, don't miss the tip about GAP insurance sold to car buying customers. GAP can be purchased through your insurance agent for much less than it is sold for at car dealerships.
For more information, please visit: http://www.anchorins.com/home
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (31 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (19 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- Straitway (16 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (15 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (15 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (14 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (9 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (9 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (5 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (5 chatters)
- Curious Times (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (3 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (3 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (3 chatters)
- VOC Nation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (2 chatters)
- I AM SUPERWOMAN RADIO (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- LJT Radio (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- GCOM ParaRadio0 (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)