SORT BY Relevancy
We’re baaaaaack! Back from a brief summer hiatus, The Breakbeat is returning to the air on Tuesday, September 30th @ 7pm/8pm (CST/ET)! Join Noa (Athena) and MC Brooks, and our guest Vett Jones as we discuss our lingering 80s/90s nostalgia, Black Nerd Culture, and black and Latino video-game and fantasy/scifi escapism.
(Bleeks, Blerds and Video Game Nerds)
This week we review yet another origin story about Vlad Dracul, historical figure that became the inspiration for Bram Stoker's father of all vampires... Well all vampires except the sparkly ones in YA novels. Will this story breath new life into the legend, or drive the proverbial stake a little deeper in a done to death monster? Tune in to find out.
Episode two of the new season of The Walking Dead has survivors back on the road. We talk about the episode.
The Geeks complaint about the quality of NFL Football games.
We talked about students who assult teachers and why this is becoming more common.
There were a number of conversation in the after show... just passed the 60 min mark.
How you enjoy the show.
Black Americans feel bothered by the stealing of our culture. No matter what it's viewed as wrong,nasty,low class and negative. The moment someone outside of the black community do the same exact thing it's praised. It's viewed as something trendy,exotic, and innovative. A black person can rap or sing for years and get no promotion or billboards. The moment a non black person does it they get it all in a short period of time. They don't have to even be the best just sound half way like a black person. A lot of black people feel they love our culture but don't want us doing it. We want to explore this topic and frustration from our callers
Join Marcus Blake and Guests Host Rick Davis and David Herring as we talk about 20 Years of Kevin Smith's filmmaking beginning with Clerks. We will be talking about his career and his groundbreaking film and why we still love our nerd friend. Join us for That Nerd Show. Listen to the show at thatnerdshow.com @10pm cst.
JOIN MYSELF FN RONNIE AND THE OVER LORD JP COME AND JOIN US FOR ARE WEEK 6 PICKS. WE ALSO FOR ARE TOP 10 WITH THE BEST WOMEN WRESTLERS AND THE TOP 10 SPORTS MOMENTS ALSO IF YOU WANT TO CHIME IN ON WHO YOU THINK IS THE BEST WOMEN WRESTLER FEEL FREE TO JOIN US BY CALLING IN. IF TIME IS THERE WE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT THE WOMAN SUPER 8 GOING ON THIS SATURDAY
Shalom everyone, i originally was supposed to do a show on Naturalization, voting and why we as Blacks don't express or utilize the natural rights of being a American Citizen that others flock here from other countries to enjoy and covet. Instead I will be playing clips and commenting on a book I just bought based off having listened to a radio show.
Everyone should know by bnow that i created this show for the North American Black woman to tell (our) true story of how we have been being treated correction mis-treated over here in North America better known as Hell, Hades aka The Underworld while the Media, our men and the international community has painted us all as gold digging, whores and sluts who are trying ever so hard to be white women because of how much we hate ourselves.
While I will not deny that there may be some truth to all of the above epitets, what is not known is (how) we got (reduced) to all of those very demeaning, negative and degrading labels as well as images of crackheads, beasties and gregariously loud, loose women.
There are so many players who played a part and had a hand in making us that way who somehow are allowed to walk amongst us and dress themselves up in the garments of respectabilty and reverence while at the same time really being MONSTERS children are never allowed to escape from.
Trust me, you dont want to miss this show. Especially if you are a Sister who has survived rape X 9, neglect and abuse but are still alive to talk about it and can still laugh, love and hold your head up high and be a blessing to another surviver sister. When it is alluded to that Black Women are the STRONGEST species of woman on the earth, it is only because of our ability to overcome and endure that which have completely broken and or DESTROYED other women.
Tonight....CD, La La, and LDX...present to you..a very detailed topic....The Asian Persuasion on Black Culture!!! It has been happening for years....good and bad!!! So...if you love Asian culture and the Asian influence on the Black Culture of today....ENJOY the show!!! Welcome inside of The Madhouse!!!
This week your favorite lady geeks review "Lucy" starring Scarlett Johanneson and directed by Luc Besson. Tune in to find out if Mr. Besson has given us another timeless, kick-ass femal heroine or if he should have let this one stay on the shelf. Below is the synopsis from IMDb
"A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic."
On this Retro Episode of the The Black Geeks Radio Show, we are talking about the long coming demise of Saturday Morning cartoons.
What happened to the days of waking up, grabbing a bowl, a box of cereal, a carton of milk, and a serving spoon while dressing in you finest pajama and then planting one's self in front of the TV for the 4-6 hours on a Saturday morning.
What does this say about your youth of today?
What brought about an end to this era?
Come with us down memory lane as we reminese of over you, Saturday Morning Cartoons.
We'll also have some other topics.... I'll add those later.
We're back! This week your favorite geeky ladies review "The Maze Runner" starring the kid from MTV's Teenwolf abomination, the kid from "We're The Millers" and that kid from Game of Thrones. Based on the YA novel of the same name, "The Maze Runner" is the story of Thomas, a boy who awakens in an elevator and is deposited in a Lord of The Flies type compound filled with other mildly dirty, yet impossibly well-coifed teenage boys. The boys can't remember anything about their previous lives (except their names) or how they arrived in "The Glade". They only know their one shot at escape is through the imposing, monster-filled Maze that surrounds their compound. Tune in to find out if this sci-fi action flick is worth your hard earned money or if you should save your $14 and just read the book.
Men you are to take the lead, to lay your life down for your family. Too many men are taking these times for granted to believing it does not matter of what good deed you do, you will see Heaven. Yes you will if you are saved but your works will be tested as 1 Cor. 3:10-17 says your works will be tested by fire, either it will be works of Gold, Silver, Bronze, Wood, Hay or Straw. This is the value of your Inheritance in the Kingdom of Heaven. Where do you think you stand because it will be “TESTED.” We at, “The Kingdom Culture Fellowship Ministries” stand as representative of the “Kingdom of GOD” to inform you Men and Woman for the sake of your families “Know Your Position In Christ.” May GOD always rule in your life through His Son Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (51 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (32 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (25 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (22 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (21 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (21 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (20 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (19 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (18 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- Curious Times (16 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (16 chatters)
- in5d (13 chatters)
- RCRadio (13 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (10 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (10 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (9 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (8 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (7 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (6 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (6 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (5 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (5 chatters)
- InThePaint (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (4 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (4 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (4 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- The View from Montana (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (3 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (3 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- drinkfive (3 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (3 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- Rolonda Watts (2 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (2 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- BevNat (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)