SORT BY Relevancy
The NBA regular season is roughly 50 games in and many of the juggernauts have positioned themselves to make the playoffs, which is all any team truly cares about in the West. Which teams have surprised most fans? Can the Phoenix Suns hold onto the final, eight-spot? They are currently ahead of the New Orleans Pelicans by one-and-a-half games and the Oklahoma City Thunder by three games.
Before answering who should win the West, who has a legitimate shot of winning it? Do any of the three teams pushing for the eighth spot have a chance to beat whoever takes the No. 1 seed?
The 2014-15 NBA season a just over a week old today, so we'll take a look at the conference from top to bottom, seeing how teams have performed to this point. Are there any surprises? Will Houston keep up its dominance? Will the Lakers win a game? Maybe a better question is how many games will they lose before they win a game.
Golden State and Memphis are still undefeated as well at 3-0 and 4-0 respectively - are they both primed for top-four spots come playoff time?
The 2014-15 NBA season is two weeks in to this point and three teams have gotten off to hot starts in Memphis, Houston and Golden State. Outside of those teams and Sacramento at 5-2, each team in the West has at least three losses. Can we expect Memphis, Houston and Golden State to hold the top three seeds, or at least be in the playoffs by season's end?
In Sacramento, the DeMarcus Cousins and the Kings have done special things to this point. Can they keep it up and potentially make the playoffs?
Yesterday I talked more about the Eastern Conference and who I thought would make the 2014-15 NBA playoffs. To me, there is a three-tier system, with Cleveland, Chicago and Toronto at the top, Indiana, Washington and Charlotte in the middle, then the rest of the East will be... well, irrelevant. Today, I'll go over the West, which also has a three-team tier at the top, with the rest of the teams looking up at them. The Dallas Mavericks are the team to look for when it comes to sneaking into that upper-echilon of teams.
Breaking down the teams and divisions of the Western Conference in the NBA for 2014 - 2015
Are the San Antonio Spurs still the team to beat?
Are the Los Angeles Clippers and Oklahoma City Thunder ready to take the next step?
Who will make the playoffs?
Will the Lakers rebound from a disappointing 2013 - 2014?
Which teams improved, which teams got worse?
For the first time in what seems like forever, I'll be going over the NBA world when it comes to the 2014-15 season. Who should the top eight teams be in the Eastern and Western Conferences be, come playoff time? Is Cleveland just one of the top four or so teams in the East? Or with LeBron James and the shooters he will essentially bring with him, should they be the favorites? As far as the West is concerned, are there any new teams that could sneak up on the likes of San Antonio, Oklahoma City and the Los Angeles Clippers?
Tonight on Sports Talk with Bryan Nolen, we recap what an entertaining race at Eldora where Bubba Wallace Jr took the victory on the dirt! What were my thoughts on the race? Tune in and find out! We will also finish looking at the Western Conference teams and my thoughts on what they did in free agency! Top headlines and more as we are LIVE on a Wednesday night edition of Sports Talk with Bryan Nolen
In this episode, Darrel is joined by NBA enthusiast, Shawn G of Three the Hard Way to preview Spurs/Thunder West Final.
Follow him on Twitter @ShawnInTheFlesh
All-Star weekend has concluded in the NBA, and roughly 30 games remain for each team. In the Eastern Conference, the Atlanta Hawks appear to be the dominant team. Around the NBA, many consider the Hawks to be the San Antonio Spurs of the East. Should they be this highly regarded considering they are 6.5 games ahead of 2nd place Toronto but haven't done anything in the postseason recently?
After the top-six teams, the level of play appears to drop off significantly. Outside of those six teams (Atlanta, Toronto, Chicago, Washington, Cleveland and Milwaukee), should teams consider tanking? Can any of the teams outside of Atlanta make a serious push at whichever team comes out of the Western Conference?
1A- NY Yankee starting Pitcher CC Sebathia's knee woes??
1B- Why are the NY Mets struggling??
2A- Juan Manuel Marquez beats Mike Alvarado in unanimous decision.
3A- Aaron Hernandez indicted for 2 more murders??
4A- Donald Sterling refuses to pay the fine imposed by the NBA and another taped recording surfaces with Sterling talking to his friend Maserati.
4B- Stan Van Gundy named President and Head Coach of the Detroit Pistons.
4C- Who should the Brooklyn Nets keep and who needs to go and why??
4D- Steve Kerr spurns the NY Knicks and takes the Head Coaching job with the Golden St. Warriors. Where do the NY Knicks go from here?? Rumors of Kevin Love on the Knicks radar??
4E- Eastern and Western Conference Finals Previews.
Join Host Live Chats
- Yash Radio with Lovely Ro (16 chatters)
- John Baptist (14 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (13 chatters)
- BeverlyD (13 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (11 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (10 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- KAS1 (8 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (8 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (6 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (6 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (6 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (5 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (5 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (5 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (4 chatters)
- Local Live Music (4 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Patriot Family (4 chatters)
- Ron March Show (4 chatters)
- thelordshour (4 chatters)
- WXOBB (4 chatters)
- Triangle Variety Radio (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Angel Amy (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- NatureofReality (2 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (2 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (2 chatters)
- Thats Novel (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- Supernatural Girlz Radio (1 chatters)
- TALK2ME Sports Radio Network (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- VinnyHardy (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Reptile Authority Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- DraftSmashers Radio (1 chatters)
- Chillz33 (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Anonymous North Texas (1 chatters)
- The Endless Light (0 chatters)