SORT BY Relevancy
Sam Scalz Talks About Art, Aquarium Hobby, Nature and More!
Sam Garcia Jr. is also known as Sam Scalz in the art and aquarium industry.
Born in 1973, Sam began creating wildlife art at a very young age and has never stopped. His focus is primarily fish, reptiles, and amphibians, but he also paints birds and unique mammals as well as exotic flora.
Utilizing a combination of materials and mediums, much of Sam's work is very different from what is typically seen in the wildlife art scene. In some of his paintings on canvas and board, he captures his subjects with scientific accuracy and lifelike realism while still applying abstract qualities to the images by creating surreal backgrounds and borders. In many of his commissioned illustrations, the normally static application of drawing and painting techniques used by many other artists to depict animals and plants are discarded and a more dynamic approach is taken. Still, accuracy is not compromised as the work must properly represent the species for identification purposes.
Sam is also a great tropical fish keeper and a lot about them. Many years experience, has Sam, in the hobby with great success. Sam loves Nature and talking about Nature!
Come, by and meet Sam or if you already know Sam call in and chat with him at 1-347-677-1837
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 408 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Tiger Conservation - Adam Roberts, CEO of Born Free USA & Born Free Foundation wildlife conservation organizations.
- The Barbizon School – Artist Victoria Chick talks about The Forest of Fontainebleau and the Beginning of Painting from Nature.
- Cooking with Wine – Howard & Ruth Milstein, author of ‘Cooking with Love: Ventures Into the New Israeli Cuisine’ share recipes and wine pairing tips.
ART CRY RADIO is a show dedicated to featuring the Art and creativity in all forms
Since this month is MUSIC MONTH on ART CRY RADIO join us as our host interviews:
Graphic Nature MC's
We will discuss their early beginnings, hear their music ad discuss the beauty of hip-hop. Everyone is welcome!
Join the conversation by calling 347-205-9896!!!
ArtFairCalendar.com has just finished its 3rd annual "America's Best Art Fairs" survey and we announce the winners. Our survey is the only national online look at the country's juried art fairs and craft shows, designed to reward the festivals that create opportunities connecting artists and communities.
We asked our mailing list of over 50,000 art fair patrons what was the best art fair in the country and had an amazing nationwide response. Nearly 90% of the respondents completed the lengthy 25 question survey and the answers were both expected and intriguing.
Listen to find out what the Top 50 shows in the country are as voted on by the people who attend them. Discover their choices for the best regional fairs, best urban fair, best small market show and the best cities for art fairs.
We'll share the survey answers on:
what makes a show "Best"
why people say they attend an art fair
why they don't attend shows they used to love
suggestions for show organizers
Lynn Smith, vice chair of the Old Town Art Fair in Chicago, will give her insights on how the fair garners so much enthusiasm throughout the greater metropolitan area, making it a "must attend" event. Art buyers from Florida and Ohio will also join us to tell us why they attend art fairs and buy art.
ArtFairCalendar.com's mission is to promote the American tradition of art fairs by showcasing events where art collectors find hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind fine work and encourage the interaction of client and creator.
We'll explore how to nurture children's creative intelligence, ways to incorporate nature into learning experiences and more with Marghanita Hughes. Marghanita is a nature art teacher, an award-winning children’s book author and illustrator, a naturalist, and founder of the “Let’s Go Outside” Revolution.
“I grew up in a home where art, nature and books were the stuff of everyday life. My parents, both art teachers, allowed me the freedom to roam wild and my young mind was free to wander, explore and discover in the beautiful country-side of Scotland. That sense of awe and wonder has never left me. It’s what drives me to explore more, not just in art and nature but in life itself. The more I discover and learn the more I wish to share. I believe if we inspire a love for nature in a child, it will lead to a desire to protect it. My overwhelming goal is to nurture the Body, Mind and Spirit in each child in my classes I teach and indirectly through the teachers in my workshops.” -- Marghanita Hughes
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show. This episode airs live from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club, in Hollister, CA, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Elephant & Rhino Conservation - Adam Roberts, CEO of Born Free USA
- Pinnacles National Park Condor Recorvery Program - Alacia Welch
- ‘Maritime’ the latest album by songwriters Dave McGraw & Mandy Fer
- California’s Sequoia Country - Dana Dierkes – Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Parks, Denise Alonzo – Sequoia National Forest, Aaron Collins - Kaweah Oaks Preserve, Sandy Blankenship – Exeter Chamber of Commerce.
- Go Wild in Yuma, AZ - Linda Morgan, Yuma Visitors Bureau
- Birds in Art - Artist Victoria Chick.
Plus, Hollywood History with Steve Schneickert!
Piranahs - Monsters of Nature will be the topic on tonight's Natures Talk Show Monsters of Nature. A piranha or piraña is a member of family Characidae in order Characiformes, an omnivorous freshwater fish that inhabits South American rivers. In Venezuela, they are called caribes.From the moment tiny baby piranhas hatch from their microscopic eggs, they come into the world armed and dangerous. Baby piranha will feast on tiny crustaceans, fruits, seeds, and aquatic plants. Once they reach about 1.5 inches in length they begin feeding on the fins and flesh of other fish that wander too closely. As they grow larger they begin to venture out in groups (shoals) of about 20 fish where they use a variety of hunting strategies to kill and eat their prey. Heck, they don't kill their prey first, they just start eating the victim alive - that's what makes them so ferocious. Adult piranha have been known to eat their own babies.Piranhas are world-famous for their razor-sharp teeth. Native peoples of South America will catch the piranha and use their teeth to make tools and weapons. Even the fisherman who catch these vicious little predators have to be careful when the fish is out of water. A single piranha out of water is still dangerous enough to take off the flesh, or the odd toe, from an unwary fisherman.
On Tuesday November 17th at 9pm est,8pm cst and 6pm pst. We look forward to you joining us. If you would like to join the conversation visit our chat room on our web page or call in to our studio number
The power of Art / Art as a weapon
Sol is a artist with a vision, therefore he is a visual artist. He prides himself as being one that pushes the envelope as it pertains to the traditional sense of what a artist should or should not be. He pushes the envelope on what a artist should or should not do as well. Under the fold of the EyEcOnOgRaPhY movement Sol specializes in creative imagery, mixed media art, collages, street photography, graffiti art, and custom portrait framed artwork with a twist. At the very core of his work is the ability to enhance and recapture the moving parts, the pulse, the heartbeat of vintage antique images. Family images, loved ones, lost ones, not necessarily the "celebrity" but the EyEcOnS of your own lineage. To find greatness one only has to travel as far as that old worn family photo album located in the closet, basement, or garage collecting dust. We are all EyEcOnS for we are all direct descendants of EyEcOnS. With that being the case, BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY! Join Us as we welcome special guest Sol Ra El Bey to our radio show as he expounds on why and how art is a weapon. Call in at 323-870-3897 or login at www.blogtalkradio.com/usot
The interested parties have come to your party: that Art Festival you have been planning and marketing for 364 days. How do you make sure they love the show, bring their friends, buy art, spread the word about what they found there and can't wait for next year?
Sharon McAllister, Executive Director of ArtFest Fort Myers (FL) and Jenny Wright, Festival Director of The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival (TX) join the conversation and share their best tips for building a memorable experience for their patrons.
We'll learn about their decisions on:
plus what works and even more interestingly what they've done that doesn't work!
Connie Mettler presents results from her 2014 Best Art Fair Survey of art fair buyers where she gathered data about what makes them come to a festival and why ... plus ... why there are formerly favorite shows that they no longer attend.
Both of these events were chosen as Top 50 Events in the survey.
Learn more about ArtFest Fort Myers. Learn more about The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (30 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (19 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (19 chatters)
- Straitway (19 chatters)
- Witch School (8 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (8 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (7 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (7 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (6 chatters)
- SpirituallyGuidedTruths (6 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (6 chatters)
- BROTHER PTAH REVOLITIONARY (5 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (5 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (4 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (4 chatters)
- Donny C (4 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Motherland Media Network (3 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (3 chatters)
- Manhood Academy (3 chatters)
- JackNewtown (3 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (2 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Carmen Amoros (2 chatters)
- Chakram Radio (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Father Teresa (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (1 chatters)
- Perfectly Unreasonable Podcast (1 chatters)
- Sixth Sense Sisters (1 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)