SORT BY Relevancy
ANDREA LANKFORD of Travel Channel’s “Mysteries at the National Parks” (new series) televised expert, and author of “Haunted Hikes” / “Ranger Confidential: Living, Working and Dying in the National Parks” author will be on-air LIVE with The Ghost Host Sophia Temperilli on LiveParanormal.com, SATURDAY, 6/27, 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm U.K. primetime GMT!!! Listen, call-in and chat LIVE!!!
LIVE broadcast location – LiveParanormal.com
Live chat room and your call-ins welcome – (619) 639-4606.
NOTE: The time posted is Pacific Standard. The Ghost Host show is 3pm EST, 2pm Central, 1pm Mountain, 8pm U.K. GMT.
Andrea Lankford’s official -- Twitter: @Andrea_Lankford
ANDREA LANKFORD, is a former National Park Service ranger, has performed firefighting, law enforcement, and life-saving wilderness medicine in Cape Hatteras, Zion, Yosemite, and the Grand Canyon. As a ranger, she won several awards for her work as a criminal investigator, and she implemented the "Heat Kills, Hike Smart" public education program that generated media attention and is credited with preventing heat-related deaths at the Grand Canyon-a program that continues to save lives today. Her masochistic adventures include thru-hiking the entire Appalachian Trail, kayaking from Miami to Key West, cycling from Fairbanks to the Arctic Ocean, and being the first to mountain bike the 800-mile Arizona Trail. Haunted Hikes is her third book. Andrea currently lives in Southern California with her skeptic husband, a Special Agent for the United States Secret Service.
John Garder (pictured on far right) and Natalie Levine (center picture) from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), call in to chat with Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith, during the 2015 Climate Ride California North Coast. On the NPCA team, John and Natalie talk about the ride, and the climate change issues facing our National Park system.
Climate Ride California is more than a bike trip – it’s an inspiring journey with like-minded people who are united by their passion for sustainability, renewable energy, and bicycles - the ultimate carbon-free form of transportation. Since 1919, the nonpartisan National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) has been the leading voice of the American people in protecting and enhancing our National Park System’s most significant lands and landmarks.
This interview originally aired on May 18, 2015 as part of Big Blend Radio's Vacation Station Travel Radio Expo, that broadcasted live from Yerington Inn, in western Nevada.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Tues. Aug, 25th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. We’ll discuss “How Philadelphia Made African American History Mandatory for Graduation”!!! CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) A new municipal judge in Ferguson, MO on Monday ordered sweeping changes to court practices in response to the DOJ report. He ordered that all Arrest Warrants issued before Dec. 31st 2014 be withdrawn. 2) Students In Philadelphia Can’t Graduate Without Taking African-American History. This needs to be nationwide. 3) A juror in the Johnathan Ferrell shooting death says it was Ferrell who was actually on trial. 4) Republican Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee shows his ignorance about Black Lives Matter and Dr. King. 5) This date in African American History – Althea Gipson and The Red Summer Riots of 1919.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s HAPPY HOUR variety show, airing live from the Historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- John Garder, Director of Budget and Appropriations for National Parks Conservation Association, discusses National Park funding.
- Lynn Wiese Sneyd ‘The Book Biz Whiz’ and owner of LWS Literary Services discusses how writing a book can boost your business.
- Fashion designer Aggie Garcia talks about her career as a designer for bikini and figure suit competitors.
Dave Newhouse has spent 50-plus years as a sportswriter and columnist, mostly at the Oakland Tribune in Oakland, California. In addition, he has written 11 books, including two which will be published in 2015. “Forgotten 49ers: The Dark Days before the Dynasty” deals with the beginning of the San Francisco 49ers, and their early, mostly disappointing years before the franchise became a dynasty in the 1980s under Bill Walsh. There has been no book on the 49ers like this book, as it includes interviews with 49er players from as far back as the 1940s, including two Original 49ers in 1946. This book, published by The Kent State University Press, has be released. Newhouse’s second book, as yet untitled, is a Hoosiers-like story involving former Cal basketball coach Lou Campaneili’s previous job at James Madison University in Virginia. George F. Thompson Publishing will release this book mid-fall. Newhouse grew up in Menlo Park, California, and held the shot put record at Menlo-Atherton High School. After four years in the United States Air Force, during which time he entered the field of journalism on assignment in France, he was graduated from San Jose State University in 1964. That same year he began working for the Oakland Tribune, from which he retired in November 2011. For nearly five years in the 1980s, he hosted a radio sports talk show in San Francisco. He has appeared on numerous television sports documentaries. He had received national and local awards for his writings and commentaries, and was honored by the Multi-Ethnic Sports Hall of Fame in Oakland in 2014. Though 76, he isn't slowing down; he has other book projects ahead. He lives in Oakland with his wife of 50 years
At birth, Dr. Alette Coble-Temple was given a 10% chance of surviving. With the support of her parents, they fought the local school district and won. She graduated from Los Altos High School where she gave the student commencement speech.
Andrea Dazall, at the tender a
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for the last day of Big Blend Radio’s 2-day Travel Radio Expo! This show airs live from Yerington Inn, in western Nevada.
On This Episode:
- Travel writer Linda Kissam ‘Food, Wine & Shopping Diva’ discusses her recent trip to France
- Leah Launey of Three Rivers Bed & Breakfast and Ranger Brady Wendt of Lake Kaweah will discuss Summer Fun in Three Rivers, California
- Becky Frost, senior manager of consumer education at Experian Consumer Services will discuss Identity Theft and Travel Safety
- Todd Montgomery – Travel writer and photographer for Life-Uncorked.com, will discuss media trips and events organized by the International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association.
- John Garder, Director, Budget and Appropriations for National Parks Conservation Association will try call in from his California Climate Ride!
Plus, Hollywood History with Steve Schneickert!
Leslie Anderson will discuss how to apply the classic strategy of information-gathering to your research so that you can write a robust family history. She will explain how customized timelines, resource guides, and locality guides can help you with your writing.
Leslie's research began with one question: "Where was my great-grandfather born?" The answer (and the analysis) culminated in an article that won the 2013 National Genealogical Society Family History Writing Contest. The four-generation narrative "Tabitha (Bugg) George Smith (1838 - ca 1890) of Mecklenburg County, Virginia" was published in the National Genealogical Society Quarterly (March 2015). "It was over 20 pages with more than 10,000 words and 200 citations."
Don't ask us how we did it, but WE DID IT!!! For the first time ever, we will have a presidential debate on At Eye Level. We will be joined by "Bernie" and "The Donalds". That's right, "the Donald" will be debating himself AND "Bernie". It's radio like you've never seen. You'll even be able to call in and ask the candidates questions!
Celebrity Voices Impersonated
Join Host Live Chats
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (5 chatters)
- Wilkinson 113 (5 chatters)
- THE TINA SHOW (3 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (3 chatters)
- Evangelist Theresa Scott (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- Ree Tunis (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Fresh Start MMA (1 chatters)
- Dr Ed Moloney (1 chatters)
- Eric Priest (1 chatters)
- I Love Politics (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- N San Diego Business (1 chatters)