SORT BY Relevancy
S. Denice Newton hosts three heroes in the fight against cancer: Tommy Johnson Sr., Milliea Taylor McKinney, Owner of Conscious Music Entertainment, and Brenda Jones, Founder of Hug Wraps.
A bout with cancer led Brenda Jones to create Hug Wraps, warm kimono-style robes suitable for cancer patients to wear to treatment.
Milliea Taylor McKinney is a hero in the fight against cancer. She continues to write and produce award-winning music while living beyond cancer.
Tommy Johnson Sr. is a 13 year plus cancer survivor after being told by his doctor that there was NO hope and ALL treatment was being stopped.
Dr. Ken Weizer recently wrote called ‘Cancer for Introverts.’ Over the years, he has noticed cancer causes many to become introverts. He believes that this introversion has positive and negative effects. Listen as Dr. Weizer shares his thoughts with us in this thought-provoking episode of Stories for Life.
Fatigue is something that affects everyone – especially cancer sufferers. Fatigue can affect your life in detrimental ways. Knowing the causes and how to recognize symptoms can help you manage fatigue. What are those causes? How do you know if you are fatigued? Join Mark Burright as he talks about this common side effect of cancer and cancer treatments.
The chief complaint of cancer patients to their doctors is fatigue. In this world of technology, we have so much help with all from all sorts of machines. Dr. Ken Weizer shares with us his thoughts on the cause of fatigue in our lives – “the Terrible Toos.” (No, we are not talking about toddlers.) But Dr. Ken gives us his solution as well – ‘the Wonderful Ones.” What does he mean? Listen in to Dr. Ken’s discussion to find out.
Welcome to Our Own Voices Live with your hosts: Angela Thomas & Rodney Smith
Our Topic(s) today: “Blacks In Government 36th National Training Institute & 105th NAACP Convention Wrap Up.”
If you have a question, comment or just want to listen, give us a call: (347) 826-9600
Our Own Voices Live is a radio show featuring people and stories from our community in Las Vegas, the surrounding area and some place near you. America is the greatest country on earth due to its cultural diversity and not in spite of it. Our mission is to help bridge the cultural and ethnic divide in America by working together to build the greatest bridge in history to unite us
“Our habits create our lives.” In the cancer dance, you have to make new habits – even if you don’t want to. In discussing creating good habits in his life, a patient told Dr. Ken Weizer, “It’s easy to say but hard to do.” Dr. Weizer had a different take on it. Listen as Dr. Weizer talks about how to help yourself do the good habits that you should do. A discussion that everyone can take something from, whether you have cancer or not.
Parenting while facing the challenge of cancer presents a litany of major issues and concerns, not the least of which is how to talk to your children. Join us tonight as we welcome parent/survivors Jen Singer, Adam Johnson and Francesca Giessmann to discuss this incredibly important issue. Survivor spotlight on Megan Hildebrandt.
Cancer is expensive. Period. Too often, you win the fight but lose everything thanks to crushing debt, medical bankruptcy, etc.. This is not OK and the folks at Give Forward (Ethan Austin, Co-Founder and Ariana Vargas, Director of Business Development) are doing something about it. Join us as we discuss our broken healthcare system, the ridiculously high cost of care and what people are doing about it. Survivor spotlight on blogger Sarah Dalzell.
Join Mark and bladder cancer survivor Paul Blais as they discuss bladder cancer and Paul's personal experience in the cancer journey.
In the second segment Mark will be discussing bladder cancer symptoms, genetics, lifestyle risks, nutritional support, and building your cancer team.
Join us as we talk with Dr. Saad Usmani, MD about his new position as Director of Clinical Research for Hematologic Malignancies and Director of Plasma Cell Disorders at the Levine Cancer Institute and his clinical trials for high-risk myeloma patients. Dr. Usmani was formerly at UAMS.
Join us for an exclusive broadcast shining a light on the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention right here in NYC. We'll be speaking with Dr. Gina Villani (CEO/Medical Director), Marci Brenholz (Director of Development) and AYA patient Danny Jimenez. Survivor spotlight on Tamika Phillips.
Life is crazy enough without cancer. Toss that in, especially for young adults, and it's a big mess. Cue two incredible nonprofits worth knowing about that offer experiential outdoor retreats for young adults facing cancer. Join us as we speak with Nancy & Colin Ferro (Co-Founders, Epic Experience) and David E Victorson, PhD (Co-Founder, True North Treks and Associate Professor in Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine) Survivor spotlight on Mallory Douge.
Join Host Live Chats
- Curious Times (34 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (30 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (17 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (14 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (14 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (10 chatters)
- Ron Reck (9 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (8 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- Love Productions (6 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- The Jacob Kohinoor Show (6 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (4 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Dave in the City (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (3 chatters)
- Elavase (2 chatters)
- Coachjeanna (2 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (2 chatters)
- AFCWest (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- Tony Robinson El (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- ToughSkinn Radio (1 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TimNolan1941 (1 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Comic Booked (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Coachjack (1 chatters)
- Dreams and Visions (1 chatters)
- EarlandHannah (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- joeyhurt (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Neela Namaste (1 chatters)
- SciFi4Me Live From the Bunker (1 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Walking The Romans Road (0 chatters)