SORT BY Relevancy
Well, the mystery of Your Old Droog has come to a close.
Or has it?
The mysterious MC, who many have insisted is a personification of an intricate wool-over-your-eyes plot by legendary lyricist Nas, has seemingly emerged as his own man. Two items have been released, just ahead of the Brooklyn upstart's "debut" performance, September 3 at Webster Hall.
The videos, one a well-produced in-studio session alongside long-time NYC producer DJ Skizz, and another, a casual freestyle caught in a darkened club, both make for a compelling argument that Your Old Droog is NOT Nas.
But there are those who are STILL not convinced.
Our hosts Manny Faces and Steve Ortiz are on opposite sides of the fence. Listen to them argue it out, and CALL IN with your thoughts.
Also joining us, one of our favorite aritsts, Likwuid! She'll be calling in to talk about her long-awaited, 2 Hungry Bros-produced EP, "Likwuidity: In Depth," featuring folks like DJ Evil Dee, Dylan Dili and Meredith Hansen of the Metropolitan opera(!).
As usual, we'll review and preview some great NY-area hip hop events, and drop some new releases you should know about.
There is confusion in rap right now. The story centers around Nas and a mysterious character named Your Old Droog. Droog is currently faceless, but not voiceless as his self-titled EP is drawing strong comparisons to Nas. So strong that many are suggesting Droog is Nas’ alter ego*.
For the record, eskay says he’s met Your Old Droog before. eskay’s a pretty believable guy. One of the guys at Complex claims he’s met guy before, too, and that it’s not God’s Son. Others have chimed in as well. The catch is no one can really recall anything distinctive about the guy but, as a writer who meets a lot of rappers, I can attest these rappers do all tend to blend together and become faces in the crowd when you meet them at an event or whatever and they hit you with the “please listen to my demo” deal.
Read more: http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2014/06/nas-your-old-droog-ep#ixzz34jxpzDY9
Follow us: UPROXX on Facebook TONITE WE PLAY HIS MUSIC HAPPY FATHERS DAY
Eddie Huang, co-host Elena Bergeron, and special guest Miss Info discuss one of NYC’s landmark hip-hop albums, Nas’ debut “Illmatic,” on the twentieth anniversary of its release.
Miss Info—real name Minya Oh--is currently best known for her gossip spots on hip-hop radio powerhouse Hot 97, but she claims a special place in Nas’ career: Oh wrote the original “five-mic” review of “Illmatic" in “The Source.”
This episode is sponsored by Squarespace.com - get a 10% discount when you create your own professional website or online store by using the offer code MSG.
It's FRIDAYYYYYY!!! Time to sit back relax while you are at work or at home & remember the Golden Era of Hip Hop. I'm talking about the 80's & 90's y'all!!!
Join me & my co-host Jasmine P. Rain for the Illest Old School Hip Hop show on the planet. We will have you bobbin' your head to all the CLASSICS.
In celebration of the 20th year since the CERTIFIED CLASSIC 'ILLMATIC' dropped & the release of 'ILLMATIC XX', the entire show will be about 1 of the GREATEST MC's EVER... NASTY NAS.
Come Rock with us as we take you on a journey & have you sweatin' them perms & jerhi curls out.
Episode #36 We speak with Mr. Gus Calderon and Mr. James Jewel. Mr. Calderon is applying for an exemption to 14 CFR parts 21.191 and 91.319 in a bid to operate his sUAS commercially in the NAS.
Mr. Jewel will share some information about the development of FAR 107, NextGEN, and some other timely UAS topics.
Welcome to the Barbershop Podcast where our panel will discuss Black Entertainment, Culture, Sports, and Politics from a Young G's Perspective. Any topic that is fair game in the Barbershop is fair game in our shop.
In this episode our panel will discuss Who's the Best Emcee in Hip Hop History.
No A-B, A-B rhyme structure rappers need apply.
All Walk-Ins are accepted. There's always a chair open.
Call in to the Barbershop Podcast 646.478.3476 to discuss whatever is on your mind.
Email Questions/Topics to PodcastBarbershop@gmail.com
Marion "B" Brooks
Justin "Dark Skinned Jermaine" Carter
Marques Carter the "Notorious" MJC
Black "JP" AKA Uncle Paulie
TJ "Tinsmatic" Whitney
Chad "Arizona Ron" Housto
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (138 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (65 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (43 chatters)
- Ms Blue (33 chatters)
- thelordshour (29 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (22 chatters)
- HOV Radio (21 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (16 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (10 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Universal Radio (8 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (6 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (5 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (4 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (4 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (4 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (4 chatters)
- amyalkon (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- The Black Geeks (3 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (3 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Chocolate 108X1XThe Urban Jazz Conn (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (1 chatters)
- John J Nazarian Unleashed (1 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (1 chatters)
- UP AND DOWN RADIO (1 chatters)
- UrbanLiteraryReview (1 chatters)