SORT BY Relevancy
On grief talk with Audrey, I bring you experts in the fields of death and dying, grief and loss, hope and healing and those who have themselves been on their own grief journey, to share their experiences and skills to help my listeners.
To the patients and families of Haven Hospice, Nancy Gershman is “the Memory Artist” creating their Preferred Story from interviews, personal photos and photo research. This culminates in a realistic (and sometimes surrealistic) digital photomontage. The process involves asking factual questions about when the subject was at “their most vibrant;” then picking up on subtle cues like a detective, leading to the memories she immortalizes. On hospice nightstands, these dignity portraits give 11th hour sustenance. Taken home by surviving relatives, they become a supportive presence in the wake of loss.
Published work on Gershman’s “Dreamscapes” has appeared in Annals of American Psychotherapy; Advance for Nurses; Journal of Palliative Care; and in therapist Courtney Armstrong’s “Transforming Traumatic Grief: Six Steps to Move from Grief To Peace.” Grief expert Robert Neimeyer PhD includes a chapter on prescriptive photomontage in his compendium, “Techniques in Grief Therapy: Creative Strategies for Counseling the Bereaved.”
Currently, a traveling exhibit of Gershman’s Dreamscapes is on view at The University of Chicago Medicine following extended runs at NYU Langone Medical Center and The University of Rochester Medical Center.
Gershman received her Bachelor of Arts in Design and Communications from Hampshire College.
On today's show:
Hot Topics - celebritynews
Phoenix talke with Author Nancy Hartwell about the true horrors of Human Trafficking
Purchase Nancy's book Harem Slave: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=harem%20slave%20hartwell
Desmond Thorsson is on the march to unseat encumbent Nancy Pelosi in the race for California's 12th Congressional District seat. He is kicking off his campaign on April 19th in San Francisco, California. For detailed information, go to: http://www.thorsson2014.org/event/campaign-kickoff/
He's an Independent! He's a Strong leader! He talks solutions! And he is pushing for change! Real Change!
"Desmond Thorsson is a former radio and television personality, having hosted programs on USA Network, the Sci-Fi Channel, and some of the original broadcasts of CNET (now part of CBS Interactive) under the name 'Desmond Crisis'. He is running for California’s 12th Congressional District seat - currently held by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi - as an independent.
Desmond's campaign is centered around the cause for campaign finance reform, as well as a pragmatic approach to politics designed to break the partisan stranglehold on our nation's capitol."
To help kick off his campaign, we have invited him to appear here and answer your questions! Need more information?
Web site: http://www.thorsson2014.org/
My next episode features Nancy Caralyn Illman, Jewish mother and wife, healer, teacher, yogi, musician, and painter. Since graduating from Harvard College and Fordham law school, Nancy has worked to help people live healthier lives. At the Legal Aid Society, Nancy helped indigent clients obtain better health care benefits. She added advanced training in reiki energy healing and a certificate in nutrition in order to empower others to attain optimal health. Now, Nancy is a trainer in a clinical application of essential oils called the AromaTouch technique, and she empowers people to manage their own healthcare at home using certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils. We will joined by Vanya Robinson, mother, healer, and teacher, who also works as a trainer in applying essential oils for healthcare.
This week on Variety Bites, we'll be discussing the unfortunate passing of The Ultimate Warrior including the report of what caused his death, Nancy Grace pissing off everybody in the wrestling community, TNA releases, the playoffs are underway for the NHL and the NBA, taking a look at the card for Extreme Rules, rating the reunion of Evolution, Ring Of Honor's debut on PPV, the Intercontinental tournament, predicting how Alexander Rusev will end up on the main roster, Eric Young's world title win, DirecTV dropping WWE PPVs, and much more.
This week on the "WOMEN OF GOLF"
Join Ted J. Odorico host of Golf Talk Live & LPGA Professional - Cindy Miller as they welcome special guest:
Nancy Henderson - Executive Director of the LPGA Teaching & Club Professionals, President of the LPGA Foundation.
Tune in "Live" Tuesday mornings at 9:00 AM EST to the "WOMEN OF GOLF", with Ted & Cindy at: www.blogtalkradio.com/womenofgolf
in Self Help
Discussing the 4 core Principles of Conscious Capitalism.
Christopher King (King) - who goes by King is King is the President of the DC Chapter of Conscious Capitalism and author of a new book titled" Connecting With Intent - Why Social Capital is more Valuable than Financial Capital". He is the founder and CEO of King Connections.
Ross Girardi - Vice President of the DC Chapter of Conscious Capitalism and Founder of Managing Director of Conscious Management Consulting (CMC).
Meet Your Guest:
NANCY GUSMAN, ESQ. is the owner of Brick House Title, LLC. She brings close to 30 years’ experience in real estate transactions in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. Brick House Title, LLC is a Maryland benefit limited liability company. Our mission is to promote affordable, sustainable homeownership though education and counseling of both buyers and sellers of property. We also contribute a portion of our proceeds each month to charitable organizations whose values are in line with our mission toward affordable, sustainable housing.
She has been very active in the structuring and financing of commercial and residential real estate transactions, and has developed expertise in handling complex issues such as foreclosure, foreclosure prevention, bankruptcy, investment property, distress transactions, delayed settlement transactions, low credit financing, and advising clients with regard to state and federal regulations in financing.
Night-Light welcomes author Nancy Janke, author of “Positive Choices,
Positive Behavior: How to Improve Your Character, Life, and Relationships”. This is is a self-help book based on the author’s life-changing “aha” moments: You can react and respond either negatively or positively to people or situations. The choice is yours. While Nancy briefly shares about the negative and positive choices she made plus the lessons she learned, the majority of the workbook is about inspiring the reader to examine how and why they reacted and responded negatively to people and to explore how they can make more positive choices daily instead. Full of thought-provoking questions, many sample answers, and practical suggestions, this book can assist you in your journey of enhancing your character, enriching your quality of life, and strengthening your relationships.
Nancy's website - www.NancyJanke.com
Barbara's website - www.barbaradelong.com
Grief Talk with Audrey brings you experts in the fields of death and dying, grief and loss, hope and healing and those who have themselves been on their own grief journey, to share their experiences and skills to help my listeners.
On the very day that Nancy Sharp delivered premature twins, she learned that her husband's brain cancer returned after eighteen months in remission. Less that three years later, at the age of 37, she became a widow. But while many in that situation would crumble, Nancy had an innate ability to hold life and death in the same moment. She learned to "see beyond the frame's edge".
Join us as Nancy shares her uforgettable journey-one that offers enlightened understanding for living life to the fullest. Her story is a gift to those lokking to lift themselves from the embers of loss and adversity through bold living.
Join host Sarah Uthoff when Nancy Westlake joins her to talk about Laura Ingalls Wilder in the classroom. Westlake is the one behind the highly used teacher/student pages on the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library's Laura Ingalls Wilder section of its website. She was also involved with the popular ICN sessions they did as classroom outreach. Call in and share your Laura in the classroom story.
Tom Hayes and Tommie 'Enzo Cannellini' Kussie speak with Nancy Goode Talalas, author, illustrator, artist, filmaker, wife and mother. Nancy wrote and illustrated the book, 'My Private Places' to inform children about the importance of honoring their bodies and insure that private places remain, 'private places'. This week Nancy premiered her first film and iMovie entitled, 'Spread the Word' on youtube. Join us as we hear the audio track to this film and hear the story of how it came to be.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (192 chatters)
- John Baptist (99 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (68 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (20 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (20 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (17 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (16 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- AlimBey (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (11 chatters)
- thedean (10 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (10 chatters)
- Old Style Conjure (10 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (8 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (8 chatters)
- USAWTFM Radio Network (8 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (7 chatters)
- Aquarium Wetline (6 chatters)
- Bully 100 Radio0 (6 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (6 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (6 chatters)
- Gracie DeBrock (5 chatters)
- Draft Countdown (5 chatters)
- 63161 (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (5 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (5 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (5 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Rated Stars Radio (5 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (5 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (4 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (4 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (4 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (4 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (3 chatters)
- GraveYard Radio (3 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (3 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (3 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Writing Royalty (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- They Might Be Taping (2 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (2 chatters)
- Take 2 Radio (2 chatters)
- Saiful Haqq (2 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (2 chatters)
- Sistahs With Ink (2 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Holy Tents of Marduk (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (2 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (2 chatters)
- EYICHRIST (2 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (2 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (2 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (2 chatters)
- Chris and Duane (2 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (2 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (2 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (1 chatters)
- canadianglen (1 chatters)
- DXStudent Productions (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (1 chatters)
- nXphase Records (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (1 chatters)
- SistaPoochie (1 chatters)
- Siconyte (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Princess and The BadBoy Show (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- The Red Room Radio (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Ear to the ground Sports (0 chatters)