SORT BY Relevancy
Nami is a blogger with a great idea or several. One such is the concept of the Just-World Fallacy. She will be discussing this and more with Kalisara & RevKess today.
Check out her blog, the topic of discussion (http://paganactivist.com/2014/03/06/karma-the-just-world-fallacy-and-the-magick-of-action/). Don't forget to check out Nami's other posts on the Pagan Activist (http://paganactivist.com/), as well as the other contributors, including RevKess.
Nami is studying with The Maetreum of Cybele (http://gallae.com/), which has been on the show previously. She also works for The Fairy Apothecary, a pagan-owned and operated bath and body products company (thefairyapothecary.com).
In this episode of Blog Talk Radio, Family Resource Center on Disabilities' host Paula WIlls and guest Robin Garvey from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) will discuss the services NAMI can offer a family working with a child with a mental health issue.
NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raise awareness and build a community for hope for all of those in need.
NAMI is the foundation for hundreds of NAMI State Organizations, NAMI Affiliates and volunteer leaders who work in local communities across the country to raise awareness and provide essential and free education, advocacy and support group programs.
Taboo Talk, a Christian talk show featuring Lady Charmaine Day (www.ladycharmaineday.com).Guest starring Christina Sparrock and Mrs. Arlene Day. On this show, they will be sharing an NAMI In Our Own Voice Presentation. Christina Sparrock holds a B.S. in Accounting from Hunter College and is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Fraud Examiner. Christina offers over two decades of extensive experience in the area of general accounting, audit, financial management, and forensic accounting. She served as the Controller of Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation. Ms. Sparrock is also a Board member of NYC ACT-SO, a division of the NAACP, an organization that mentors and provides college scholarships for children in underserved communities. She is also serves as a board member of Hope City Empowerment Center, an organization that serves the homeless community and working class families. She is also a GED and Math tutor at 1199 SEIU Adult and Learning Center. Mrs. Arlene Day aka “Mama Day” is an author, motivational speaker and advocate for mental illness. Mama Day worked for forty years as a LPN throughout Long Island and New York City. She raised three beautiful children in Roosevelt, Long Island all of whom were A students and graduated from universities. Mama Day is the proud grandparent of three beautiful granddaughters. She is an author of a memoir titled “I Promised My Friend”. A film called Perseverance documenting Arlene Day’s extraordinary life was made. In 2008,she joined the National Association for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) and became a presenter as part of their In Our Own Voice (IOOV) Program. In recognition of her significant contribution to their In Our Own Voice Program, NAMI inducted Mama Day into their Hall of Fame in May 2011. During her downtime, Mama Day enjoys knitting, crocheting, caperioria, weight lifting and is in training for the senior olympics doing the butterfly.
Please join us as we discuss Mental Illness. "What's on My Mind." With, Ms. Ashley Smith.
Ashley Smith was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 2007 after stealing a military truck and leading the police on a high speed chase -- a joy ride that landed her in jail.
"I heard voices. I saw images of people following me that scared me. I thought my life was in danger,"
After receiving treatment for her illness and learning to cope through medication and a strong support system, Smith decided to draw awareness to stereotypes by beginning her own nonprofit, "Embracing My Mind."
Ashley Smith's book "What's on my Mind is available on Amazon, please see a review below:
"Ashley Smith wrote her book according to the format of the NAMI In Our Own Voice presentation where people share their own experiences with their mental health problems. Ashley's experience is very unique and she is able to clearly describe what happened to her, what she experienced (in terms of her symptoms), how her family supported her, and how she was able to get treatment and move on with her life. This is a wonderful guide for people with loved ones suffering from mental illness and those who have a diagnosis. Ashely is an incredible woman whose story will inspire and encourage others to seek help and overcome their own mental health issues.
Please take the time and visit Ashley's blog- http://overcomingschizophrenia.blogspot.com/
Let's take remove the shame and embarrasement that's attached to Mental Health Illness.
Wallach on Law, Fire & Gasoline --When the Mentally Ill Meet Police. Featuring Ron Honberg of NAMI (the National Alliance For Mental Illness)
Officer-Involved Fatalities & Shootings on the mentally ill are becoming commonplace. In August, Ezell Ford was killed by two Los Angeles County Police Department officers, who stopped him because he was acting strange, and when a struggle ensued, killed him when they believed he was reaching for their weapons. Three months earlier, in Detroit, Dontre Hamilton was lawfully sleeping in a public park and had just been questioned by two officers and deemed a non-threat. A third officer later woke him with a baton, and when a struggle ensued, the officer shot Mr. Hamilton 14 times killing him. Neither victim was engaged in illegal conduct, and both suffered from mental illness. None of these officers received “Crisis Intervention Training”—which teaches law enforcement officers how to identify and respond to those afflicted with mental illness. Ron Honberg of NAMI joins us to talk about what is needed and why.
On a very special episode of "The Rod Stevie Show" we will discuss the mounint issue of mental illness. We will focus on the importance of identifying factors of mental illness and its impact on our communities. This episode is also a fundraiser for NAMI Northern Virginia, whose walk is on September 20. Call in and listen for details on how you can help!
in Self Help
Join Mamam Shirley as she speak with Cathy Gale, family educator for NAMI (The National Alliance on Mental Illness). Please Join as this show will be both informative and educational
Hannah Martinez is a mental health profession and president of one of the branches of the National Alliance on Mental Illness. She discusses ways to help stop the stigma associated with mental illness.
Disclaimer: The information provided is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intented for diagnosis or treatment. Please seek the advice of your healthcare provider before making any changes to your health.
The old man who sits on the corner rocking back and forth and talking to himself. The single mom whose kids seem to be raising themselves becasue she rarely gets out of bed. The aunt that the family always labeled as "eccentric." What may have just been cast off as odd may actually be very serious in nature and in need of attention. Chances are none of these people have ever received a diagnosis or treatment.
Mental health is just as important as physical health, but in many minority communities a significant number of people go overlooked and underserved. Most resign themselves to suffering in silence because of the cultural stigmas attached to mental illness. The inevitable outcome has been a rise in suicide, in crime, in poverty, and in the further fracturing of the family unit.
July is National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month, and because mental health affects us all, we should all be discussing it. Join as as we chat with Laura Allen from The Ashley Jadine Foundation, a nonprofit in support of teen suicide awareness and prevention, and Cecelia Williams from NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness-Houston.
Call in, 646-716-6910 or chat with us LIVE during the broadcast.
Torch song stylist Spencer Day joins host Robin Milling at Henry's restaurant in New York City to talk about his latest release Daybreak; a combination of cover tunes and originals where Spencer blends his signature sultry jazz with a little bit country. He puts his own spin on Nancy Sinatra's These Boots Are Made For Walkin', The Association's Never My Love, Creedance Clearwater Revival's Bad Moon Rising, and Lennon/McCartney's A World Without Love.
Spencer tells Robin his originals such as Naturally and You Don't Know You're Lonely pay homage to Roy Orbison and Dusty Springfield. The writings are a reflection of 'one of the most consistently stable and happy periods' of his life. Spencer candidly talks about his struggles with depression and how he has learned to cope with disappointment in a healthier way. As a result he shares his story, involving himself with organizations such as NAMI (National Association of Mental Illness). He says, 'if you're a sensitive and artistic person the world can be a really hard place to be. If you can channel positivity into your art then what you perceive as your weaknesses can be your biggest strengths.'
Stay tuned for a possible part two of Daybreak which would feature Bobby Vinton's Sealed With A Kiss and Terry Stafford's Suspicion.
Click here for free audiobook! www.audibletrial.com/millingabout
Polskie tlumaczenie comiesiecznego spotkania swiadomych ludzi, dedykowanemu Oddechowi Kompasji*.
Spotkanie jest prowadzone przez Aandrah'e oraz Ohn'a i mozna je jednoczesnie ogladac na ich stronie internetowej: http://www.compassionatebreath.net/LiveStream.aspx
*Kompasja to prawdziwe wspólczucie, plynace ze rdzenia kazdego z nas, bedaca magicznym, transformujacym eliksirem zycia, darem dla czlowieka od jego/jej Duszy.
Usiadz wygodnie, poczuj sie bezpiecznie i oddychaj razem z nami: gleboko, powoli, do samego brzuszka.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (137 chatters)
- John Baptist (76 chatters)
- Channel Panel (73 chatters)
- in5d (68 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (67 chatters)
- thelordshour (26 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (23 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (17 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- AlimBey (12 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- Tarhaka (12 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (12 chatters)
- thedean (12 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (9 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (8 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (8 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (7 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (6 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (6 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (6 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (6 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (5 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- canadianglen (3 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (3 chatters)
- Dr Fred (3 chatters)
- DDP Radio (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (2 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- Chillz33 (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (2 chatters)
- The Organic View (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (1 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (1 chatters)
- GIPBKR Radio Station (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FSF Radio (1 chatters)
- David and Wes (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Odwirafo (0 chatters)