SORT BY Relevancy
SHOW # 266 - Live, Uncut & Uncensored Conversations With "Musicians You Should Know"
Brad Absher is out of Houston, Texas and he and his band, Swamp Royale, have been a fixture on the Gulf Coast for over 20 years and he has appeared at the IBC getting to the finals. His new album is entitled Lucky Dog and Brad and I will explore his musical journey and speak about the album and where the band is headed next.
I got to meet Amanda Fish at the IBC this past January. She was in town to just meet people, play a little and let people know about her new album, Down In The Dirt. She actually gave me a self-burned copy of the master of the album when we chatted On The Couch. I knew I had to bring her onto a Monday show and show some love, because the album is great. In March, Vizztone picked her up, so if you don’t know about Samantha’s big sister now, you will soon! And this is also the first set of siblings we have had on the show!
Hank Mowery first sat on The Couch back in October of 2013. He is back on a Couch Kid New Music Segment for his new release Excuses Plenty and we will talk about what Hank and The Hawktones have been up to since we last spoke and share this hot off the presses release with you.
Back in July of 2014, Peter Novelli came and sat On The Couch for a Couch Kid New Music Segment and shared PRE-MASTERS for his upcoming album, St. Amant Sessions. Well, the album is finally done and Peter had his CD Release in the Dominican Republic last week and this week we get to share the finished product and maybe even compare a song or two from back in July!
Join Kano Tha Pyro Live from Las Vegas playing the Hottest of the finest in underground&mainstream artist,hip hop news,& taking your calls @ 347-637-1962.
Also we would be premiering Dj Khasper Bhinks
Musics Most Wanted Vol 11 along with artist from the mixtape would be calling in.! This will be a epic show so don't miss out
This is a black arts and culture site. We will be exploring the African Diaspora via the writing, performance, both musical and theatrical (film and stage), as well as the visual arts of Africans in the Diaspora and those influenced by these aesthetic forms of expression. I am interested in the political and social ramifications of art on society, specifically movements supported by these artists and their forebearers. It is my claim that the artists are the true revolutionaries, their work honest and filled with raw unedited passion. They are our true heroes. Ashay!
1. Ramona Africa, Minister of Communications, MOVE organization, joins us to speak about the 30th Anniversary Commemoration, May 13, of the bombing of her home where she is the only surviving adult, along with one child, Birdie Africa. See http://kasamaproject.org/history/2263-95ramona-africa-survivor-of-may-13-1985-move-massacre and http://www.davidsheen.com/sharing/interviews/ramona.htm
2. Munyiga Lumumba, director of Upward Bound at Mills College, joins us along with Val Serrant, Adjunct Professor at UC Berkeley . . . Music Department/"Caribbean Musics Course", since 2003; Faculty Member of "Vox Mundi School of Voice & Sound," join us to talk about More than a Taste Cultural Explosion, a special all day free arts program at Mills (10-3 Stern Hall, Rm. 100), 5000 MacArthur Blvd., in Oakland, CA.
in Rock Music
Joe and I were extremely saddened to hear of the tragic loss of Staten Islands A.J. Pero last Friday while on tour with his band Adrenaline Mob. AJ was a fixture around Staten Islands Metal scene for over 30 years, starting with one of Staten Ilsands best bands,Cities. But of course he reached international fame with Metals Twisted Sister. We will dedicate this show to his memory and all songs played during this show will have his signature drumming in them. I hope you will tune in and listen as we talk about this elite musician and as every post and article I read states, a true gentlemen. I hope to have a few guests call in and talk about him and generally celebrate his life. Of couse we will open the phone lines and let you guys call in and talk about some of your memories of this incredible drummer and person.
We aso will have a live interview with Producer Joe Barresi, who has recorded some of musics biggest stars and also worked at SOUND CITY one of the most famous recording studios in the world. Listen in as we talk with Joe about some of his experiences and how, this incredible guitar player / musicians wound up at the console.
There will some sports talk as well (NCAA Tournament, Local team sports, etc) and I will touch on Wrestlemania. I am not as big a fan of wrestling as I used to be but I thouht it might be fun to discuss the very first Wrestlemania during the show.
Anyway, we will do our best to honor one of metals best drummers during our broadcast, so please tune in this Thursday March 26th at 6:30 p.m. est to "Hard Rock N' Sports with Tom and Joe" and as usual call in (347) 826-9934 to talk with us as well
Keep on Rockin'
Join Host Live Chats
- SpiritualpsychicBrendaBradshaw (6 chatters)
- American Peoples Radio Network (4 chatters)
- GradeGov (3 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- Cosmic Philosopher (2 chatters)
- Red Velvet Media (2 chatters)
- Ree Tunis (1 chatters)
- Triple Dark (1 chatters)
- Dr Ed Moloney (1 chatters)
- Fresh Start MMA (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart Ministries (1 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (1 chatters)