SORT BY Relevancy
BUILDING THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION:
MUSEUMS & THE LEARNING ECOSYSTEM
Our guests are Elizabeth Merritt, Founding Director of the American Alliance of Museums'Center for the Future of Education ...and...Katherine Prince, Senior Director of Strategic Foresight for Knowledge Works
www.knowledge works.org @worldoflearning
Going to the museum can be a great educational experience for your child, or an occasion for tantrums and junk acquisition. Join About.com experts Terri Mauro (Parenting Special Needs), Cathrine Holecko (Family Fitness), and Susan Adcox (Grandparents) as we talk about how to get some culture without going crazy.
This week, Let's Talk Trains invites two different Railroad Museums to discuss their museums and their mission. The Georgia State Railroad museum will discuss their history and the future. The Houston Railroad Museum will discuss their plans for the future. Both museums will try and answer the perception of non railfans, calling some museums junkyards.
Dr. Lynn Dierking hosts with guest Dr. Jessica Luke, a faculty member in University of Washington's Museology program. She will talk about a study she recently completed with Dr. Marianna Adams, focused on family learning in interactive galleries in three art museums.
The Institute of Jamaica (IOJ), established in
1879 was the first organization of its kind in
the Caribbean. Founded by the then
governor, Sir Anthony Musgrave “for the
encouragement of Literature, Science and Art”.
“Once the sole agency for the promotion and
preservation of Jamaican culture, there are
now some 20 registered museums on the
Island, and even more unregistered smaller
focused museums”, states Dr. Rebecca Tortello
in her article: “Pieces of the Past”.
Join us in the Back Yard as the “Labrish” continues
to explore the fascinating history of Jamaica through
these very interesting and important institutions that
support the preservation and rich diverse culture of
Jamaica: “Land We Love”
Join the labrish!
Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Celebrate the moment with your favorite sports pics. Check it out.
On 9-11-2013, a vision to build a SPIRITUAL Museum in Yah's Name and give facts about the people He chose, was given in Kansas City, K.-MO. area. After scouting several locations in U.S.A., Orlando, Florida became the best location for the first site. The museum will tell of the TRUTHFUL spiritual journeys of all of the Almighty creator's people in all faiths, struggles to get back to the creator, TARGETING those who have systematically, received the punishment of disobeying the orders of the Creator of this earth's age. For the Hebrew Yshralites and the dominate beliefs of one Deity, His Name is YodHeyvavHey, know as YAH (like in HalleluYah=Kumba Yah). We will depict their Journeys, Spiritual Awareness, Overstanding and Growth in all spiritual groups. willing to participate in this vision project...The inspiration and energy is high to build, build, build...what is lacking are the funds to build, build, build, build Yahs Museum...IT IS STRONGLY BELIEVED, THAT SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, REALIZING THE NEED FOR THIS MUSEUM PROJECT and WANTING TO OBEY THE SCRIPTURE OF ASSISTING YAHs ORIGINAL PEOPLE IN RETURNING TO THEIR YAH-GIVEN STATUS, WILL WRITE A BLANK CHECK, TO START AND COMPLETE THIS VISION~PROJECT. Could that person be YOU!!!
Join Travel Brigade in Zurich, Switzerland, an international city full of historic churches and museums, but also home to the vibrant growth and revitalization of Zurich West, full of new and interesting businesses, restaurants and entertainment. We’ll take you up to Mount Uetliberg for a beautiful view down to Lake Zurich, and also take you swimming in the refreshing waters of the lake and rivers right in the heart of the city. We’ll go shopping on Bahnhofstrasse in the Old Town, one of the most exclusive shopping streets in the world and also to the hip Freitag store made of shipping crates in Zurich West. Enjoy the trip! Follow us on Twitter @TravelBrigade.
Jerry Downs delivers his message of living life through a "lens of awe" in a fun, yet poignant manner. His message is simple; look at life through the eyes of a child. His new book "Why Were You Born" is a photographic journal with a tale to tell. As you enjoy the beauty and simplicity of each photo, your inner child breathes a sigh of remembrance - taking you back to a time and place where everything was wonderous.
Jerry Downs is an artist, photographer and writer who lives 10 miles North of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Rafael, California. His work has appeared throughout the world in books, magazines and museums. He was born the 5th of 11 children, had a horrible time in school and spent most of his life living hand to mouth trying to make a living and make sense of why he was born. Eventually he stopped trying so hard. Everything that has happened in his life has helped him understand that life is a creative act and joy is the only measure of success. He’s happy to be alive and enormously appreciative that anything exists at all.
Join hosts Tosha Michelle and Niles as La Literati brings you our first ever round table discussion.
Terry Demeo- our Brooklyn girl who loves perfume, cooking, baking, art, visiting museums, music, poetry, classic movies from Hollywood's Golden Age, dancing, and chocolate
Heather Culford- our Canadian friend. Heather is a Mental Health Advocate and Graphic Artist. She loves Big Brother, donuts, stalking celebrities and getting her funny on.
Jane Rothman- our Philly chick with a heart of gold and style to rival Tim Gunn. Jane is an actress and host of Chit Chat Chicks.
M.G, aka- Kermit the Frog. A guy who knows it’s not easy being green. “Kermit” loves nature, cooking, humanity, and giving back.
This show is all about the historic town of Gettysburg Pa. The good, the bad, the ugly of the past, present, & future. Geared towards local issues as well as tourist information about upcoming events and goings on surrounding the Adams County, Gettysburg, Pa area. Join in yourself, or just listen in.
Gettysburg is about more than the battle, although that is our main tourist attraction we are also home to Baseball Hall of fame pitcher... Gettysburg Eddie, Gettysburg Bike week, Rememberance Day, Apple Harvest Festival, wineries, and lots of great restaurants, shops, museums and much much more.
Join host Gettysburg Gerry each morning Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, as well as lunch somewhere in the Gettysburg, Adams County area Tuesday and Thurdays. Learn where the locals go, and what is the latest and greatest that is happening in the area. There's always entertainment happening, and this is the place to find out about it.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- John Baptist (86 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (35 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (30 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (25 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- canadianglen (20 chatters)
- Diva of DOOL (19 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (12 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (11 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (9 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (8 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (8 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (8 chatters)
- Hex Education (8 chatters)
- in5d (8 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (8 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (7 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (7 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (7 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (6 chatters)
- David and Wes (6 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (6 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (5 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (5 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (4 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (4 chatters)
- illblogradio (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (4 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (3 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (3 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (3 chatters)
- Opulent Network (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Diehard Sports Radio (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (2 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SUBCONSCIOUS CHANNEL (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- Mad Women of Smoking Hot Politics (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (1 chatters)
- Red Broward (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- 12kyle (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)