SORT BY Relevancy
Ethan and Jimmy are back at you with another exciting edition of Free State Happy Hour. We have a few things to talk about.
First, we discuss touch on Obamacare blunders, especially what happened in Maryland with 60,000 signing up but over 70,000 losing their insurance
Ethan delves into the CEO of Mozilla being fired over giving money to traditional marriage group.
Ethan talks the Keurig Anti-Trust lawsuit brought by competitors.
And You Might Be A Douche
Everything at www.freestateradio.com
Join us for a scattered discussion on the news of the week and today!
On this show we discussed:
1. Mozilla CEO resigning
2. Aliens and Bill Clinton
3. 1812 bible found
4. Dr. Brian Mattson - Noah and His Critics
5. Brendan Eich Deletes Twitter Acct
6. Facebook expands to rural areas
7. Transmayor in Wisconsin
8. Bacon Shrinkage/Sleeping on the stomach
10. Word of the day is BACON - email email@example.com with the word BACON to enter to win a giftcard.
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* A serial killer gets a sex change and then pleads "not guilty" because “she” is no longer a man.
* World Vision repents of endorsing homosexual “marriage”.
* Firefox CEO repents of supporting traditional marriage.
Today we only have two interviews as things wind down here in Dallas.
1:00 CST - The Network Doctor Is In
Hiawatha Broadband CEO Gary Evans provides listeners with a valuable set of practical tips and recommendations for keeping your broadband network humming along with minimum downtime. Non-techies and techies alike will benefit from this discussion on smart network management.
2:00 CST - Mozilla Seeks Gigabit Trailblazers
Will Barkis is Gigabit Evangelist for Web tool developer Mozilla, and he's on a mission to find the next generation of screamin' apps that will power the highspeed networks showcased here at the conference. Barkis explains the Mozilla Ignite program, and why developers and other broadband stakeholders should get on board.
"Our Information Age began," writes Mark Surman and Cathy Davidson in this article from Fast Company, "...in April of 1993 when the Mosaic 1.0 browser made the World Wide Web available—for free—not just for use but for contribution and participation by anyone with access to the Internet. Its decentralization, its open architecture, and its lack of a `director' or `owner' or even central switching point made the potential for worldwide co-creation of knowledge, art, science, literature, animation, and all the rest possible." If this is true, then being a reader, writer, and co-creator online is a critical component of literacy and learning. Join members of the Mozilla Foundation (the folks behind the Firefox web browser) and NWP teachers as they explore what it means to be "web literate" and the tools and opportunities that have been created to support web making practices in schools and communities today.
Summer means vacation for some. But for many others, it marks a time of making, playing, and connecting. Beginning this June, educators around the country and the world will be taking part in A Summer to Make, Play, and Connect, powered by Educator Innovator and the Mozilla Foundation's Maker Party 2014. Tune in to this episode to learn more about this summer campaign and the many opportunities being offered to educators like you.
Our topic today: Reset The Net, Take Back Your Privacy with Spiritual Activist & Founder of GIC, Global Illumination Council, Bernard Alvarez
Learn more about Bernard: http://thegic.org/page/press-and-media http://thegic.org
Mass surveillance is illegitimate. I’m taking steps to take my freedoms back and I expect governments and corporations to follow in my footsteps and take steps to stop all mass government surveillance.
The Reset the Net campaign aims to encourage direct action, urging visitors to install privacy and encryption tools. A year to the day since the first revelations of the US National Security Agency’s (NSA) warrantless and huge-scale web surveillance were published in the media, the international June-5 campaign for data encryption kicked off. Hundreds of websites and organizations, including Reddit, Imgur, Mozilla, Greenpeace and Amnesty International are promoting the campaign with a splash screen, which everyone can install on their pages by adding a script. Click here to learn more. https://pack.resetthenet.org
Rosangel's blog: http://lashamanessa.com/
Ruthie Guten: http://www.ruthieguten.com/
Another anti-SSM type gets called out and the Senate socialist wants in. These trends are much more exciting and worthy of discussion than winger rants about talkshow hosts.
We'll discuss the ethics and legality of Brendan Eich crawling away from hsi Mozilla CEO post. Public records showed he gave a measly grand to uphold Prop 8. The board knew thatt, hired him anyway, but the Mozilla geeks, community and staff, screamed when they found out about it. He'd left on his own, but wingers rend their garments. They'd like all contributions to be in the dark too.
Back on the 2016 map, Bernie Sanders has 'em squirming. The self-ID'ed democratic socialist U.S. Senator from Vermont, a oner in Congress, is poised to announce a run for President. Yes, of these United States. Suppostion is that he'd do it to make Dems declare their principals rather than mealy mouthing. He'd want the party to show its populist/leftist colors.
Our side doesn't have the clown show in the center ring that the GOP does. A Sanders move coudl be just the right catalyst to liven up the race. In debates alone, his presence and plain talking would force a definable set of planks from each other candidate. Hmmmm.
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* A conservative professor in Colorado is under-fire for being conservative.
* Brendan Eich is forced to resign from Mozilla because he believed in traditional marriage.
* A 49-year-old leader of the Boy Scouts is fired for promoting homosexuality to kids.
Not exactly or not just another "Obamacare Saturday", but today I will be talking about the most recent issues and questions with Obamacare. But also I'll be looking at some big government programs and big government failures in this country and in other countries. Just last year there were 3 or 4 big government solutions that fell apart in other countries. And of course, we have The Great Society and other Big Goverment moves as failures in the past in this country. I'll be talking about those and also commenting on the Mozilla stuff at 4:30 Eastern time today.
The headline reads: "Mozilla Co-Founder Brendan Eich Resigns as CEO..."
Are we at a point where people are getting fired for holding beliefs? Today wI talk with David Usher, President for the Center for Marriage Policy, as we discuss how a man was pressured to resign simply for donating to a cause he believed would strengthen his state.
What kind of chilling effect will this have on your philosophical beliefs?
Has religious persecution started?
Join us today as we delve into these issues and more. http://marriagepolicy.org,
Join Host Live Chats
- The Portal (18 chatters)
- SHRAonair (15 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- Pandoras Box (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- FFToolbox (7 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- tiferetjournal (4 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (4 chatters)
- 63289 (4 chatters)
- Cubanarama (4 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- iHookradio (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (3 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (3 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (3 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- K98Talk Studio B (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- Help4HD (2 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- BUZZARDSKORNER OF LOVE (1 chatters)
- RevUp with Rev Alethea (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- The Conversation Cafe (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Season Ticket (1 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (0 chatters)