SORT BY Relevancy
This week we review "Kingsman: The Secret Service" directed by Matthew Vaughn, starring Colin Firth, Samuel Jackson and relative newcomer Taron Egerton. So here we are, the first movie of the year based on a comic book. Action, adventure, comedy and Colin Firth kicking some major arse. Tune in this Sunday as we review the film Matthew Vaughn turned down X-Men Days of Future Past to direct.
From IMDB:A spy organization recruits an unrefined, but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius.
This week we review "Jupiter Ascending" directed & written by the Wachowskis, starring Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum. Originally slated for a July 2014 release, reviews have not been great for this fantastical sci-fi opus. Google it. I got "Hot Mess" "It's Stupid. Really Stupid" and "Absolute Nonsense". Tune in today at 1:30pm to see if your favorite nerdy ladies agree or disagree. Oh, in case you're wondering, here's a brief synopsis from IMDb:
"In a bright and colorful future, a young destitute caretaker gets targeted by a ruthless son of a powerful family that live on a planet in need of a new heir, so she travels with a genetically engineered warrior to the planet in order to stop his tyrant reign."
So yeah, that's it.
The Movie Geeks welcome writer/director Erik Sharkey back to the show to discuss his new film, the spy spoof Sexina, which is now available on DVD and through instant download.
Plus, reviews of the latest releases, including Interstellar and Olive Kitteridge, as well as discussions on the tragic downfall of Orson Welles and a list of the greatest character actresses of all time.
-Intro: In this show I will breakdown DC's movie slate film by film
-Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 25, 2016)
-Suicide Squad (August 5, 2016)
-Wonder Woman (June 23, 2017)
-Justice League Pt 1 (November 17, 2017)
-The Flash (March 23, 2018)
-Aquaman (July 27, 2018)
-Shazam (April 5, 2019)
-Justice League Pt 2 (June 14, 2019)
-Cyborg (April 3, 2020)
-Green Lantern (June 19, 2020)
-Fight of the Day: Thor vs Shazam.....the Thunderer facing off against Earth's Mightest Mortal as I give my thoughts on this battle between two of the most powerful characters in the game.
Invoice Financing with Tina Cawthorn with Orange Commercial Credit is our guest today on The Core Business Show with Tim Jacquet. Invoice financing companies are ready to buy your accounts receivable, giving you an excellent way to put more money into your business right away. With invoice financing, you could get a fast advance of about 80% of the value of your invoices, with most of the other 20% paid to you later. Orange Commercial Credit was founded by Anthony A. Kinninger, who has over four decades of professional financial management experience in helping mid-size to Fortune 500 companies, across all industries, to enhance their cash flow, profits, and customer relationships.
There service mission is to exceed your expectations and to develop a long-term, value-added relationship that continually produces a win/win environment between you and your customer. Established in 1979, Orange Commercial Credit has been providing financial and support services to small and mid-sized companies through factoring. Working closely with hundreds of companies across all industries, our staff offers expertise in credit, collections and growth management, as well as sound business advice. For more information about Orange Commercial Credit, check out their website at http://www.occfactor.com/about-occ-factoring/ This show is sponsored by Apple Capital Group, Inc. #applecapital #thecorebusinessshow
-Intro: In this show I will be breaking down Marvel's entire movie slate film by film
-Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)
-Doctor Strange (Nov 4, 2016)
-Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (May 5, 2017)
-Thor: Ragnarok (July 28, 2017)
-Black Panther (Nov 3, 2017)
-Avengers: Infinity Wars Part 1 (May 4, 2018)
-Captain Marvel (July 6, 2018)
-Inhumans (Nov 2, 2018)
-Avengers: Infinity Wars Part 2 (May 3, 2019)
-Fight of the Day: Luke Cage vs Colossus
The Movie Geeks review the latest releases, including Fury and Men, Women and Children, and discuss an assortment of movie topics, including the controversy surrounding the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles, the culture of celluloid in the digital era, and the importance of film preservation.