SORT BY Relevancy
Film critics and comedians roast host Betty Jo Tucker and her award-winning movie memoir, Confessions of a Movie Addict. A book giveaway will also be included in this celebration of the memoir’s fourth anniversary as a Kindle E-book. Warren Epstein, Nancy Lombardo, Diana Saenger, James Colt Harrison and A.J. Hakari join in the fun. Warren Epstein, a stand-up comic who now serves as Arts & Culture Editor for the Colorado Springs Gazette, and comedian Nancy Lombardo, host of the hilarious Comedy Concepts show on BlogTalkRadio, represent the world of comedy in this special episode. Movie critics sharing their reactions are film historian James Colt Harrison, entertainment journalist Diana Saenger, and Mad Movie Man A.J. Hakari. The paperback edition of Confessions of a Movie Addict won First Place in the memoir category at the 2012 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards competition. It chronicles a love affair with the cinema that has lasted over half a century. Beginning with a 6-year-old’s fright and fascination while watching Boris Karloff in Frankenstein, the author reveals personal movie-related anecdotes and takes readers behind the scenes of the entertainment industry, sharing her favorite celebrity interviews and revealing a number of hilarious encounters with movie stars and filmmakers. Author’s royalties for this book are donated to The Film Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by Martin Scorsese to help with film preservation.
This week we review "Regression" starring Ethan Hawke, Emma Watson, and David Thewlis. Within the context of 80's hysteria over satanic cults, a detective (Hawke) and psychiatrist (Thewlis) investigate the rape of a young woman (Watson) in the Midwest. "Regression" was directed by Spanish filmmaker Alejandro Amenábar whose 2001 flick "The Others" was probably underrated by most critics and movie-goers. Amenábar is also responsible for "Abre Los Ojos", the trippy, existential screenplay Cameron Crowe adapted into "Vanilla Sky". Tune in today at 1:30 PM PST to find out if this is a must-see or must-skip.
A Hollywood fixer in the 1950s works to keep the studio's stars in line.
Ethan Coen | Joel Coen
Josh Brolin, George Clooney, Alden Ehrenreich, Ralph Fiennes
Why don’t we leave the Coen Brothers’ 1950’s Hollywood studio comedy walking on air?
Full review on themovieminute.com
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi by Joanna Langfield
Michael Bay efforts to keep the politics out of this movie, but, really, how can you keep the politics out of a movie about the terror that happened at Benghazi?
Focusing on the men who served as independent military contractors and drawing from a non-fiction book about the event, Bay has delivered not a particularly artful, but restrained, respectful and effective movie. While not maybe his most commercial, it’s certainly more serious than his previous hits.
Read review at: themovieminute.com/13Hours.html
The Finest Hours:
The Coast Guard makes a daring rescue attempt off the coast of Cape Cod after a pair of oil tankers are destroyed during a blizzard in 1952.
Kung Fu Panda 3
Continuing his "legendary adventures of awesomeness", Po must face two hugely epic, but different threats: one supernatural and the other a little closer to his home.
Movie Addict Headquarters invites you to sit back, relax and listen to favorite film songs from the past performed by an all-star cast including Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Judy Garland, Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds, Alice Faye, Mickey Rooney, Lily James, Julie Andrews and more. These wonderful movie tunes were featured in such popular motion pictures as Mary Poppins, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Singin in the Rain, Viva Las Vegas, Tammy, The Wizard of Oz and Words and Music. Listeners are encouraged to sing along with the stars!
The Movie Geeks share their thoughts on a roster of new releases, including The Revenant, Creed, The Peanuts Movie, Legend and Chi-Raq, examine the Oscar shortlist for Best Documentary Feature, and explore the various awards handed out by the nation's critic's groups.
Perfect times to watch Oscar Nominated Movies in your home.
Legal Downloads and Streaming Movies.
Inside Out, Mad Max, Fury Road, Sicario and more...
Is the backlack faced by the Academy for the whiteout fair? What will the end result of the controversy be? The Movie BOOBs take a deep look at all the reactions surrounding the whiteout before making their predictions for the Oscar award winners. DiCaprio is a heavy favorite to win his first Oscar, but can The Revenant run down Spotlight for Best Picture.
Also, The Revenant looks to be the favorite to win the weekend at the box office, but a couple of solid other returners - Ride Along 2 and Star Wars: The Force Awakens - join a trio of new releases - The 5th Wave, Dirty Grandpa, and The Boy - in a battle for second place. Which will it be?
Movie Addict Headquarters presents a pre-Valentine’s Day show featuring film love songs and a book giveaway drawing. Plus, popular film critic A.J. Hakari, The Mad Movie Man, will be dropping by to talk about the new Blu-Ray release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Among singers performing love songs from various movies are: Linda Ronstadt, Lucie Arnaz, Tony Babino, Mickey Rooney, Debbie Reynolds, Judy Garland, Bryan Ferry and Rita Graham.
The Kindle E-book to be given away is It Had To Be Us, an award-winning romantic memoir now in the early stages of film adaptation. Full Disclosure: This book was written by Harry & Elizabeth Lawrence, the pen names of host Betty Jo Tucker and her husband Larry. According to Nancy Lombardo, host of Comedy Concepts on BlogTalkRadio, It Had To Be Us makes a great gift for Valentine’s Day!
A frontiersman named Hugh Glass on a fur trading expedition in the 1820s is on a quest for survival after being brutally mauled by a bear.
Quote- "Gorgeous to look at, this romantic survivalist revenger has the heart of an ice pick."
Review at: themovieminute.com
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (77 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (18 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (15 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (10 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (10 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (5 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (5 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (4 chatters)
- Intuitive Guidance Lindsay Marino (3 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (3 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (3 chatters)
- Vaughn J (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (2 chatters)
- NextPhaze Radio (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (2 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- Bellesprit Radio Show (1 chatters)
- AMStyles247 (1 chatters)
- AtheistHuman (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- The Anointed Words (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Resolution Radio (1 chatters)
- TRUTH NETWORK RADIO TNR (1 chatters)
- The Talk Of Today (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Xandermonium with Xander Gibb (1 chatters)