SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode of the Overcome Your Limits Radio Show Host Christopher Powell speaks with Travis Brown and his Anti-Bullying Campaign.
Travis Brown grew up in the small Midwestern town of Lafayette, Indiana; raised by a hard working single mother and factory-working father. A three-sport varsity athlete in high school, Travis went on to pursue his dream of playing college football following graduation.
After college, Travis spent the next decade in sales, executive management, consulting and business ownership. Expanding on many of his own life lessons, Travis turned his attention from the corporate world to focus on providing success and leadership tools for students across the country. It is through these leadership skills that he encourages students to “Mojo up” and take a stand against bullying.
As a top motivational speaker, Travis acquired the name “Mr. Mojo” for his high energy, intense content and captivating speaking style. He has delivered over 1,600 hours of motivational presentations to companies and youth nationwide.
On his anti-bullying tours, Travis has impacted the lives of nearly 700,000 students in the United States and abroad. He is also called on to bring motivation and inspiration to professional athletes and sports teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears and Cleveland Browns.
Currently, Travis is recognized as America’s Anti-bullying Coach for his tireless work to fight the social epidemic of bullying and change the lives of today’s youth. The Mojo Up Anti–Bullying Tour has created a unique way for Travis to connect to students with his life changing anti-bullying message: You Make A Difference!
Thinking Forward Inc. presents the Hump Day motivational call. This weeks topic will be about motivation through talents & Integrity. We cannot allow our talents to take us to a position our integrity can't sustain. Most people know they are talented but won't put fourth the effort to become the best. In this series we will talk about staying motivated throughout the week not allowing others to out work us and bring more to the workplace then we are getting paid for to increase our value. We will also dive into the concept that working hard and having talent will guarantee success, because it wont if you do not have the integrity to keep the position.
in Self Help
Even the most disappointing of starts leads to a good future. This was the case of Marala Scott. Her story didn't have the best of beginnings, but now she uses that painful start to help others learn how to forgive, accept challenges, and adapt to changes in life.
Before becoming a multi award-winning author, Marala had a childhood filled with abuse. Her memories of abuse began as early as five years old. She and her family were living in a tenement apartment in upstate New York at that time. Marala vividly remembers her father coming home from work then have heated arguments with her mother that included pushing and shoving.
Marala said that her dad “had a special combination of hatred and abuse” for her. Throughout her childhood, her father ingrained in her mind that she was not good for anything but making babies because she was a woman. The verbal – and physical abuse – that received from her father lasted for 17 years which led her to hate herself more and more.
Read Full Story...
in Self Help
Everyone has high hopes of becoming someone important, famous, celebrated and admired. Realizing those hopes and dreams, however, isn’t as simple and quick as it seems. With a lot of challenges and risks along the way, there’s a huge possibility that a person would simply give up. To escape the heartaches and disappointment, anyone would choose to let go of their dreams of running for governor in California or flying to space.
Perhaps, all that’s missing is motivation. Why not take inspiration from the words of John Leslie Brown?
John Leslie Brown is the son of Les Brown, another motivational speaker known the world over and has an Emmy award attached to his name. Although John Leslie took the proverbial torch that he’s supposed to carry, he introduced another way to inspire others. As an artist, he used rap music to introduce his teachings of personal growth and wisdom.
Read Full Story...
Alfonso Cuadra, TV host, writer and motivational speaker
A poor immigrant to Canada from El Salvador, Alfonso grew up facing hardship. He lived on the streets, faced discrimination in the education system, became a teenage parent and ultimately dropped out of school. Alfonso had hit rock bottom. However, adversity gave Alfonso the clarity to examine his life and make new choices. Rebounding and rebuilding his life, Alfonso is a dedicated father of 2 girls, respected entrepreneur, professional speaker and author. Featured in Readers Digest which did a 7 page profile that was published in 16 different countries in 5 different languages. An Ottawa Business Achievement Awards finalist for New Business of the year. Host of a Rogers Channel 22 Television show called "Success By Design Show" and currently has over half million views on YouTube. Author of the book “From the Ground Up! You're 3 steps away from living the life of your dreams” with a movie based on this book in the works. Alfonso is a dynamic leader who is passionate about sharing his story and inspiring others to create the life they want and to never give up on your dreams. He truly is in the business of changing lives and has a special gift in his ability to connect with people and move them forward.
We are so excited about todays motivational Monday segment!
Today's reading will be from Psalm 1
Psalm 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
On today's show:
Phoenix dishes the latest Hot Topics - celebrity news
Guest: Lisa Hein International Best Selling Author & Motivational Speaker
'Manifesting God's Love In Your Family' THE BOOK "I'm Doing The Best I Can!"
(They won't always be cute and adorable) Award Winning Author of 'Ready, Aim, Excel!' Magazine & Newspaper Contributing Writer Former Radio Talk Show Host of 'Everyday Parenting' www.LisaRHein.com
Michigan Life Coach Q. August interviews Success Guru and Motivational Speaker TaVeon Bass about overcoming obstacles and getting past barriers on the road to success. Bass shares his personal experience and shares advice for how to overcome obstacles and staying true to self.
Michigan Life Coach Q. August interviews Success Guru and Motivational Speaker TaVeon Bass about overcoming obstacles and roadblocks in the path to success. Bass share's his personal experiences and perspectives then offers strategies for being a repeat overcomer.
Join Diamond Elite Pat Andersen as she talks with Motivational Speaker & Author Dan Clark about the exciting times ahead of us in Zijaland based on his coming to know the leadership within Zija.
I will then share with you about the new products we are launching at Convention!!
Please share this call with all your team!!!
in The Bible
In this segment I will be ministering on the need to ask God for discernment so that you are delivered from strongholds in your life. A great motivational speaker can get you emotionally excited with their message, but spiritual strongholds are broken by the anointing.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (170 chatters)
- John Baptist (81 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (76 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (30 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (27 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (15 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- thedean (11 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (10 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (9 chatters)
- Omega Man (8 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (8 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (8 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (8 chatters)
- gregfilms (8 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (7 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (7 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (7 chatters)
- Old Style Conjure (7 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (6 chatters)
- Everything But Normal (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (5 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (5 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (4 chatters)
- FSF Radio (4 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (3 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- sun752 (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Easy Wedding Planning Blog (1 chatters)
- Chaos Network (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Side Kick Pro (1 chatters)
- RefJeremy (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- The BadBoy and The Doc (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)