SORT BY Relevancy
On Sunday, November 3, 2013 Mothers of Heru Temple will host its second podcast with two invited guests host. The topic is, “Rites of Passage for Boys.” Our invited guest is Deirdre J. Roper of the Buffalo Chapter of Jack and Jill of America (see link for chapter event details: http://www.buffalonews.com/20130224/Rite_of_passage_enhances_identity_for_young_African_American_men.html) . We have also invited Makini Niliwaambieno a renowned Educator, Advocate and proponent of culturally sensitive educational environments. We will also discuss the work of Thomas Harrell, author of “A Rites of Passage Framework” and entertain questions form callers. Tune into http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mothers-of-heru-temple at 6:30pm EST. GUEST CALL-IN (646) 200-4424
It's understandable that sexuality may not be the primary focus for many cancer patients, at least not right away. Sexuality is an incredibly personal topic, and each person's experiences, feelings, and expectations are unique. But at some point, whether because of sexual changes, relationship issues, or difficulties with fertility, patients realize the impact of cancer on their sexuality. By learning about how your sexuality is likely to change and getting suggestions for healing, you become a partner and advocate in your own care.
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Join ‘Stories for Life’ host Dr. Ken Weizer and his guest Ken from Santa Barbara, California. Ken was originally diagnosed with cancer the first time 13 years ago. Ken was cancer free for a number of years before being diagnosed with melanoma, and then head and neck cancer. Ken states that we all get gifts from going through cancer. Cancer is different from other illnesses.” He explains to Dr. Weizer how he was significantly “smarter,” and more intelligent since cancer. Ken is all in with this journey called cancer. He has a totally different outlook and his personality is different now. Ken said to Dr. Weizer, “we all receive different gifts, you just may not know what yours will be yet.”
Join Mark and Leanne Ernster owner of Celebrate Nutrition, a health coach and certified trainer, as they discuss how healthy eating habits and good nutrition can help patients deal with the effects of cancer and its treatment. Some cancer treatments work better when the patient is well nourished and gets enough calories and protein in the diet. Patients who are well nourished may have a better prognosis (chance of recovery) and quality of life.
Dr. Francisco Contreras and Daniel Kennedy, MC join Cancer Peace Radio host Mark Burright on “50 Critical Cancer Answers.” Dr. Contreras is an integrative surgical oncologist and Daniel Kennedy is a psycho-oncology counselor. Both work at Oasis of Hope Cancer Hospital, which has treated more than 100,000 patients, and just celebrated their 50th anniversary. This exclusive interview will highlight the importance of empowering patients and families to create a positive approach to fighting cancer rather than relying solely on passive, traditional treatments, or rehashing ineffective and toxic drugs. They will also discuss current treatments, alternative medicine, and futuristic therapies, including cell specific targeted therapies.
Join us as we welcome the oncology rock stars behind the /take a deep breath/ Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University’s comprehensive follow-up STAR Program for adult survivors of childhood cancer. Karen Kinahan, RN (Clinical Nurse Specialist), Kristin Smith (Fertility Preservation Patient Navigator) and long-term survivor Colleen Cira will talk about life beyond childhood cancer and progress being made to serve the more than 350,000 Americans in that space. Survivor spotlight on young adult colon cancer survivor, blogger and healthcare activist Michelle Whitehead-Hastings.
Dan Self, prostrate cancer survivor and his 9 year old daughter Bella interview Dr. Ken about fear after cancer diagnosis and during the cancer journey. This is a very insightful interview that we would recommend to anyone experiencing cancer as a patient, caregiver or family member. Don't miss this incredible show.
Ionized Alkaline Water: Do We Need It To Prevent Or Overcome Cancer - And/Or Simply To Get And Stay Healthy? I get at least 5 questions a week asking about alkaline water, and in specific, ionized alkaline water. So I realized that I had to get off the fence and share my perspective, based on more than 5 decades of global travel and research. As well as living with many healthy, long living cultures along the way. You may be very surprised by my answer to this question.
You know how we're always told to follow and copy the people who have what we want and don't have? Usually we're referring to business-related situations and goals. But this philosophy can most definitely be applied to health. On tonight's Kick Cancer In The Can™ Weekly Quick Tip, I challenge you to really examine the habits and practices of the Blue Zone Centenarians...and just do what they are doing! Lots of great info packed into less than 10 minutes!
Your input, comments, questions, and suggestions are what make these podcasts possible. Without you, they would not exist. So remember to drop on over to our dedicated Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan, LIKE the page and add your valuable comments and questions.
And to insure that you never miss a weekly quick tip, just head over to http://bit.ly/KCITCExpertSeries and Subscribe, then rate the shows, add a comment, and share the podcasts with everyone you love. Thanks so much!
Could Milk Cause Prostate Cancer? Research Says Yes! Have you been diagnosed with prostate cancer?
Or has your loved one been diagnosed with prostate cancer?
Have you considered the possibility that your diet may be one of the causes of this diagnosis?
The fact is that prostate cancer is still the #1 cancer impacting the men in our lives. And there's a substantial amount of research that suggests a very strong link between milk in the diet and the development of prostate cancer.
Get the scoop on prostate cancer and milk on this week's Kick Cancer In The Can™ Weekly Quick Tip. You'll also get simple steps to protect yourself - or to overcome prostate cancer if you've already been diagnosed.
Correction: In the Physician's Health Study I stated that 1 and 1/2 servings of dairy products daily increased the risk of prostate cancer by 34%. It is actually 2 and 1/2 servings daily.
After you've listened to this quick tip, we'd love you to drop on over to our facebook page (www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan), LIKE the page - and then comment on your take-away from the podcast. What change will you make in your diet? Or will you?
To ensure that you never miss a quick tip, subscribe to the tips on iTunes at: http://bit.ly/KCITCquicktips. And make sure you rate the podcasts, and leave a comment. Tel us what you like about the quick tps?
How To Use Creative Visualization and Imagery to Kill Those Darned Cancer Cells So you've been diagnosed with cancer, and you're willing to try just about anything to get rid of that darned cancer, including a whole food diet, rebounding, breathing, relaxation, meditation, even start a gratitude journal...
But then you hear about imagery, or creative visualization - and it sounds like it's just too far out there! Well, did you know that there is a wealth of research that supports the use of visualization for all types of illnesses, including cancer?
And it's basically free, other than maybe the music you choose to use. On tonight's quick tip, you'll learn about the actual imagery Valerie Harper is using in her personal battle with lung cancer, as well as the visualization process I personally incorporated during my ow journey back to health from stage 4 cancer.
We'd so love your feedback on our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan) about this quick tip, as well as any suggestions you have for future quicktips. These podcasts are all answers to questions I get everyday of the week.
And to be sure you never miss another weekly quick tip, subscribe to the podcasts on iTunes at: http://bit.ly/KCITCquicktips - BTW, comments and a rating would be so appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (182 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (99 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (48 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (35 chatters)
- Super Heru Radio (30 chatters)
- KDCL Media (24 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (21 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (20 chatters)
- dtm wicked (16 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (16 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (14 chatters)
- Omega Man (14 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (13 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (13 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (12 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- SSRN (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- FRNARadio (9 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (9 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (8 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- Army Wife Network (7 chatters)
- Barbara Barnett (7 chatters)
- Current Trials and HLN (7 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Tarhaka (7 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (6 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (6 chatters)
- Ask Your Sheriff (6 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (5 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (5 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (4 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (4 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (4 chatters)
- First Love Radio (4 chatters)
- 3 Wise Women (3 chatters)
- bapnation (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- USC RADIO PRODUCTIONS CH ONE (3 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (3 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (3 chatters)
- Radio Enso (2 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- Holy Tents of Marduk (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Heart to Love with Fola (2 chatters)
- HIAC Talk Radio Network (2 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- 109 9 PEN Station (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Around Citi Live (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Divine Plan of the Ages Talk Show (2 chatters)
- CougarChat (2 chatters)
- Daily Maintenance (1 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Ask Cathleen Network (1 chatters)
- Apostolic Teaching (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (1 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Hit On The Head (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Inspired Words (1 chatters)
- InThe Plug (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Table Talk with Tanisha Simpki (1 chatters)
- SoulSistaRadio (1 chatters)
- rrekcity (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)