SORT BY Relevancy
Join us on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 11:30 a.m. in morning for a conversation with the Founder of "The Feed Our Children Ministries, Pastor Moses Brown. Feed Our Children Ministries is committed to being a source of support to economically disadvantaged children and their families, the homeless, and the elderly. The vision of FOC Ministries is to equip each individual we contact with the tools necessary in realizing their unlimited potentials. To leave no one hungry physically or spiritually and to enable each one we serve with the ability to serve someone else in need.
With an immediate goal to restore the families of each individual served, the long term goals of FOC Ministries are a return back to the community of individuals and families served to provide assistance to other families in need. To acquire a homeless shelter and be able to service more families with our products and services and to provide food shelter for orphans in third world countries as well as other services.
The food is given to the people at no cost to them. Further, the purpose of the food program is to feed the poor, not to grow our church. The food provided generally consists of fresh produce, cereals, breads, packaged goods, juices, canned goods, snacks, chips, candies, etc. The food boxes (usually a combination of boxes and bags) normally contain between 30-50 pounds of these food items.
Summary of the Tithe as Legislated in the Law of Moses
1. One-tenth (a tithe) of the produce of the land, fruit, grain and livestock, belonged to God, and was to be given to and used by His priests, the Levites. This tithe was dedicated to the Lord.
2. The Levites were in turn to give one-tenth (a tithe) of the tithe they received to the High Priest.
3. In what is probably a second yearly tithe, a second-tenth was to be taken up and used specifically for festivals and feasts. This was consumed by the tithers and the Levites before God.
4. A tri-annual tithe, or a third tenth (of the produce only) was to be put into storage facilities to take care of the Levites and those in need in the local vicinity.
5. Using the above summaries, 20% a year would be given off the top, with an additional 10% every third year, to support the religious, governmental and social structure of the day.
6. When the tithes were to be given exclusively to the Levites, the Israelites were still wandering around in the desert. After they entered the Promised Land, they became much more home-bodies, multiplied, and needed other ways to not only take care of the Levites.
7. There were no specific penalties or consequences for not tithing; the penalty of withdrawal of the Lord's blessing and His casting away Israel from being His people was if they did not keep THE WHOLE LAW! No single aspect was singled out as more important to God than others.
8. We can conclude that God, through Moses, DID indeed command the Israelites to tithe! And He gave specific parameters, as to who, where, when, how and the consequences of both obedience and disobedience to this commandment.
9. "To tithe" is to fulfill the covenantal requirements as specified by God through the scriptures, laid out specifically in the Mosaic law in Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
The final novel in the award-winning series about a former nun in Tudor England; a haunting debut about a crime in small-town America; and the first stand-alone novel by a best-selling romance author. Join us for interviews and book giveaways with:
Linda Goodnight on The Memory House. The long-dead ghosts of a Civil War romance envelop two wounded people whose lives come together at an inn brimming with secrets in Honey Ridge, Tennessee.
MO Walsh on My Sunshine Away. An extraordinary debut set in the late '80s that involves a teen raped just yards from her front door; the boy who has a crush on her and tries to solve the crime; and the secrets that hide behind seemingly innocent white picket fences.
Nancy Bilyeau on The Tapestry. The final installment (following The Crown and The Chalice) in Nancy's Tudor-era trilogy, which puts independent Joanna Stafford in her most dangerous situation yet as she tries to decide who she wants to be: nun, wife, spy, rebel or courtier.
Hosted by Cindy Wolfe Boynton. Visit the Literary New England blog for more book giveaways, author talk, event information and to listen to past episodes -- book-tatstic updates posted regularly!
Mo Alexander has played the comedy game for almost two decades and has headlined all over the country in top clubs and theaters. He has also opened for Keenan Ivory Wayans during his 1999 comedy tour where he was in the running with Wanda Sykes for the opening slot and Keenan chose Mo. He also had his own theater show, The Mo Funny show in Las Vegas with his partner in crime and comedy Matt Davis. In 2010 he participated in the San Francisco comedy competition where he missed making the semi finals by a .006 percent. Mo has also released 3 cd’s of original material (2000) The Mo Files, (2004) Evolution, and (2008) Nappy Headed Hoes and other Fcc Infractions, and one compilation (2010) Teabaggin. In Feb 2012 he was featured on the nationally syndicated Bob & Tom radio program where he has been invited to return soon to earn the moniker of a Bob & Tom regular. Alexander's style is to offend those people and ideals that have offended him; ideals such as ignorance, narrow-mindedness and for that matter, the easily offended.
We are live tonight so call the show and email us at email@example.com, find us on Facebook, subscribe to us for free on iTunes, and find us on Charleston Comedy Zone's website!
Chef Elliott is honored to share his technical skills and culinary wisdom of his friend and colleague: THE DISTINGUISHED AND PHENOMENAL, CEO & FOUNDER OF JESS NAWLINGS CATERING, EXECUTIVE CHEF MOSES JACKSON!!!!
Chef Moses received formal training at the Culinary Institute of New Orleans. After graduating, Chef Moses exhibited his culinary skills in his native city of New Orleans. While under the tutelage of such renowned Chefs as Emeril Laggasse at Nola’s restaurant and Paul Prudhomme at K-Paul Louisiana Kitchen, Chef Moses learned the art and distinctions between Creole and Cajun cooking.Chef Moses continues to show his love for food and people by offering his talents to demonstrate to others how to prepare delicious meals through cooking classes and his catering service, Jess Nawlings Catering. His passion and desire is to share the joy of cooking with everyone and his slogan is “there is no short cut for cooking good food for the soul”.
"Moses: Death Chase"
Original Airdate: 4/13/2009 watch here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gtomyoJdTQ
This episode follows the story of the Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt. The episode describes the Israelites not as slaves, but as a warrior class within Egypt. It uses the Bible and historical documents as a main source of material but almost all the discussion of the wars of Moses hinges on the identification of the Hebrews with the mysterious Habiru. Then further to specify that their role in Egypt was as mercenaries for Pharaoh. It is an interesting hypothesis and entertaining for sure but is this a fair interpretation of the Exodus?
I am so excited to have Mo Thomas on our broadcast this week. Mo is one of the leaders of the Ford Christian Community and has been instrumental in not only seeing people come to faith in Christ at his workplace but has also been a connector, bringing people from Ford, GM, and Chrysler together. The particular message that he carries is our true identity in Christ, how we have been called to re-present Jesus in the world. I will also be sharing on how you can walk in your true identity in Christ and re-present Jesus to your world. Join us! For those that are interested in contacting Mo to see God activate you in the place you work, feel free to contact him here...
Here is some additional God stories from Mo that will encourage you as well!...
Lead teacher at Absolute Bible Truth Ministries
Email - Absolutebibletruth4eva@yahoo.com
Dr. Moses Powell
Join us tonight on our broadcast on Dr. Moses Powell. His birthday past this month, his family remembers and honors him. Join us tonight for a discussion on this brilliant, inovative Martial Arts Legend! Call in at 9pm, 646-716-6825....OUS!
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
SHOW US THE FATHER
John 14:8-10 19
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
Tune in to the #ICCMorningShow at 10am as we welcome rap duo, Cas and Colby to the show.
We’ll also give you the scoop on Derek Fisher, Mo’ne Davis, Lil Mo, Bow Wow…ahem…Shad Moss, and more!
Join Host Live Chats
- SOTT Radio Network (24 chatters)
- Ray Bokor and Sarah May (8 chatters)
- The Cosmic Citizen (6 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (5 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (2 chatters)
- The RebelBroker (1 chatters)
- On Air with Wheelze (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Catholic Now (1 chatters)
- Habs360 (1 chatters)
- RU Instant Reaction Review (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (0 chatters)