SORT BY Relevancy
Today, in recognition of September as National Suicide Prevention Month, Dr. Annie Abram will talk with Dr. Ann Haas, of the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention. She has a special interest in at risk populations such as veterans and the LGBQT community.
Dr. Haas is responsible for developing and directing the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention’s education and suicide prevention programs, including the Interactive Screening Program (ISP), an anonymous online method of engaging individuals with untreated mental health problems to get help. She also directs AFSP’s suicide prevention initiatives for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender populations.
Dr. Haas received a Ph.D. in Sociology with an emphasis in health behavior and research methodology from Fordham University (1977). Before coming to AFSP in 2000, she was Professor and Chair of the Department of Health Sciences at Lehman College of the City University of New York. She has also held appointments at New York Medical College and the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Montrose, N.Y.
She has an extensive record of research on suicide, posttraumatic stress disorder and drug abuse and has published widely on these topics. She serves on the Task Force on LGBT Populations of the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention and is a frequent speaker on bullying and suicide, suicide risk in LGBT populations, and veteran and military suicide.
The MIlitary Exchange Radio Show is All About Veterans, Active Duty and Reserve MIlitary Personel. During the 60's thru the 80's I saw how the returning Veteran was treated. How His Character was deminished in the eyes of His civilian counterparts.My Job is to raise the image of the Veteran, show How He or She has been an asset to their community. I mix this with Current Daily events, Humor, Infornation and a better explanation of world events, With a "no hold bar" approach to Military and Veteran Politics. and end the show with a Healing approach from the word of God.
Host Blaize Nolynne has been honored to have guest, Cheryl Morin of 'The JD Foundation' for suicide prevention! Suicide is sadly an epedemic that can be prevented and to educate yourself on the issue will help you and the ones around you!
You can check out her site at : http://www.thejdfoundation.org/about-us.html
Very honored to have Cheryl and I will be asking her to join us again!
This show will be centered around suicide. We will discuss the reasons it occurs in certain cases and who is most likely to be directly affected by this tragic occurrence. Suicide is unfortunately not uncommon in modern day society and can often occur without warning in the worse cases. It is important to recognize the signs when they are present and this segment will address that issue as well. Suicide is certainly difficult to deal with and thus deserves serious exploration and hopefully with greater understanding, the prevention of such tragic acts, can be prevented. It is always sad to lose those we love in such a way and when there is a chance for us to reach out and help, we must first be aware of when someone is truly in trouble and considering trying to take his or her own life. We hope that you will join us for this special show, which will explore this extremely serious issue that clearly warrants more attention.
in Weight Loss
Your hosts, Lillian Cauldwell, Founder of PWRNetwork and Soul Dancer, Founder of Leave Your Fat Behind wants to know your thoughts on this question: Is obesity a form of suicide, sanctioned by society? Call into our live show at (347) 237-5416 and share your thoughts. Or, post a comment below.
Lee Thompson Young, Don Cornelius, Kurt Cobain, Phyllis Hyman, Dana Plato, Mindy McCready. All are names we know and all have one thing in common. They committed suicide. The list goes on and on and not only includes countless celebrities but also countless teenagers and young adults. It's the third leading cause of death for those aged 15 to 24. Even children under the age of 10 have committed suicide. Each year approximately 750,00 people attempt suicide and approximately 30,000 succeed. That's more people dying from suicide than homicide each year. The number one cause of suicide is untreated depression. Join Nyghtstorms All Action New Talk as we discuss this growing epidemic.
The Oklahoma National Guard invites you to listen to the Blog Talk Radio show "OnGuardinOk" on Thursday, September 19, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. (CST) please join us live at www.blogtalkradio.com/ogok
September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, raising awareness of suicide and the many resources and educational information available to our Service Members and their families can help reduce and prevent further loss of life. Join our special guests Caitlin Thompson, Dept. of Veterans Affairs Deputy Director of Suicide Prevention, 1LT Carl Beyer, Suicide Prevention Program Manager, and CPT Lance Gosney, Suicide Prevention Coordinator.
On Guard in Oklahoma is growing and changing to meet your interests and needs. Join us live or via podcast. And don’t forget we love your feedback, questions and show ideas. Contact us at 646-716-7137.
Suicide is certainly a complex topic and affects so many people in vastly tragic ways and this particular show will focus on the way to be positive after experiencing such an event. In this world, we are often encountering circumstances that are overwhelmingly emotional and they can leave many feeling helpless. Suicide is certainly an area, where such emotions come into play but, there are those moments when people who have been touched by this, can find their way back to a place of contentment and in the best situations, learn to embrace their lives once more. So how can we as people overcome such an occurrence and what do we do when someone we love has tried to take his or her life but fortunately survived? This particular half hour will be dedicated to exploring the positive ways we can help those we know and love to move past such an act of self-destruction and learn to live again with a positive outlook for the future. We hope that you will join us for what will be an empowering and uplifting discussion that will be dedicated to those who are survivors of suicide.
IN THIS EPISODE OF "STRAIGHT NO CHASER", ANGEL J WILL BE DOING A SERIOUS TOPIC WHICH IS TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM: SUICIDE/SELF HARM. SELF HARM IS A TREND AMONG TEENAGERS WHICH HAS LEAD TO DEATH FOR SOME. A LOT OF SUICIDAL PEOPLE SELF HARM EVEYDAY (USING RAZORS, TAKING PILLS, BURNING THEIRSELVES WITH CIGARETTES AND SUCH). ON THIS SHOW, WE WILL DISCUSS THE SIGNS OF SELF HARM AND SUICIDAL THOUGHTS. COULD YOUR TEEN OR CHILD BE AMONG THIS CREW? ALSO, WE BRING ON A SPECIAL GUEST WHO WAS A FORMER SELF CUTTER AND WILL SHARE HER STORY. EVERY PARENT SHOULD HEAR THIS, STAY TUNED.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (213 chatters)
- John Baptist (107 chatters)
- Pastor Paul Begley (66 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (50 chatters)
- Websleuths (47 chatters)
- Cameron Bayliss Medium InSight (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (16 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (16 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (16 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (14 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (14 chatters)
- Straitway (14 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (13 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (11 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (10 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (10 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (10 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (8 chatters)
- NDB Media (8 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (8 chatters)
- Chattahoochee Bigfoot (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Arm Wrestling Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (7 chatters)
- reVerse (7 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (5 chatters)
- Donny C (5 chatters)
- Kawakab (5 chatters)
- SnotleyFunTyme Radio (5 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (5 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- Starborn Support Radio (4 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (4 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- XWINGER RADIO (3 chatters)
- USA live (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (3 chatters)
- BRUE (3 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (3 chatters)
- Ask The Cat Doctor Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (3 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (3 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (3 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Pop Fan Girls (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Home School Network (2 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (2 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (2 chatters)
- CTR1 (2 chatters)
- D Hour Show (2 chatters)
- Evolving Exotics (2 chatters)
- Fli Music Radio (1 chatters)
- dtm radio (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Endless Encouragement (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Lady X (1 chatters)
- Dariaanne (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- Maria Elitas Blog MIRACLE Radio (1 chatters)
- Pray 1 4 Another (1 chatters)
- PrismRadio (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Mayhem Zone (1 chatters)
- The World of Ideas (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (0 chatters)