SORT BY Relevancy
NEWS AND VIEWS FROM ATLANTA AND AROUND THE GLOBE...INTERVIEWS AND SPECIAL GUESTS! YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS GOING TO STOP BY AND HOLLA AT YA GIRL!
What is going on in Ferguson? Will the officer be charged with Murder?
Is Beyonce and Jay Z getting a divorce?
Are you attending Woman Thou Art Loosed in October?
Have you bought the new Trey Songz album?
What is happening in the Atlanta Real Estate Market?
We will answer those questions and talk about all sorts of juicy stuff...Listen, Learn, Laugh, and Dare to Share your very OWN "MENTAL NOTE"!
Craig Lewis is a Certified Peer Specialist and author of the Better Days – A Mental Health Recovery Workbook. Craig based the Better Days workbook on his personal life and recovery, and every page has been used successfully in peer group settings. A Better Days support group facilitation guide is currently being developed as are Spanish and French language versions of the Better Days workbook.
Craig also has edited and published You’re Crazy Volume One which compiles first-hand accounts of people from the punk rock scene who live with mental health struggles, addiction and trauma. A second volume ofYou’re Crazy is currently in the works.
Craig can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enjoy Craig's articles for our show: My Inner Human and An Interview with Craig Lewis, CPS.
Join us as we interview Darlene Lancer, JD, MFT and author of: Conquering Shame and Codependency: 8 Steps to Freeing the True You and Codependency for Dummies. On the show we discuss shame and codependency. Some questions from the show are:
1. What is internalized shame?
2. How does shame show up when treating clients?
3. What are some common defenses to shame?
4. What are clues to help spot shame in clients?
5. How does shame affect codependency and relationships?
6. How might shame and codependency affect us as health care providers?
7. How should we approach treating shame?
Please read her popular article on this topic. For more information about Darlene and her work, please visit our post here.
Darlene Lancer is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and expert on relationships and codependency.
This show is brought to you by everythingehr.com
in Real Estate
Have you ever wondered how can a person with a college degree or any advanced educational degree can end up homeless ?
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but the banks and public school systems (including many univesities) appeared to have partnered up to "create" a homeless class of people.
This program is for anyone who lives in a shelter, facing eviction, forclosure, or might be living in their vehicle. In addtion to those people this program is for squatters and House Hijackers who are attempting or have attempted to steal someone elses home.
In this installment of "It's My House" we shall discuss the most fundamental Life Skill on the planet that should be taught in school, but is not taught in school and that is: HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN HOUSE.
150 years ago the average man or even family unit had the "basic skill set" of building your own house ! It is one of the first Laws Of Nature. The first thing that ants, birds, lions, fish, and anything living on the planet is preprogramed to do is "build their own house".
Even slaves built their own homes and they did it without bank finacing.
The simple solution to ending homelessness is to learn how to build your own house.
It’s not always easy to identify youth on the streets through typical counts of unsheltered people experiencing homelessness. Homeless youth are less likely to spend time in the same places as homeless people who are in an older age range. They are often less willing to disclose that they’re experiencing homelessness or may not even identify as homeless. They also may work harder to try to blend in with peers who aren’t homeless. For the first time in 2013, the Department of Housing and Urban Development called for communities to conduct a youth-inclusive count that would include unaccompanied homeless youth, up to 24-years-old. That year in January, 46,924 unaccompanied homeless children and youth were counted. Given the difficulty of counting homeless youth, that estimate is likely an undercount. The Alliance estimates that during a year there are approximately 550,000 unaccompanied, single youth and young adults up to age 24 who experience a homelessness episode of longer than one week. Approximately 380,000 of those youth are under the age of 18. While these are rough estimate made using imperfect information, it is a good starting point from which communities and the federal government can begin to scale resources and interventions. We have a change in time for our show only for this Friday night Aug 22nd to 9:30pm CT so I could have my special guest speaker, the beautiful young lady who is lately being called "Miss Tennessee Teen USA ~ Alexis Mihalinec who will be addressing the topic of homelessness with me. Join us as we discuss the staggering statistics of our young ones that roam the streets. Tune in at www.blogtalkradio.com/ritahodges and/or call live only to 646-929-0421. My audience is what makes my show. See you there!!! Ciao bella...
My homeless friend Matt is back to update us on his situation.
Since we last talked to Matt (when he was in New Orleans via Florida), he was arrested for trespassing and locked in the county jail in Pecos County, Texas in Fort Stockton.
Bram & Barbara tried their best to get him out, but before they could, Matt was released on time served.
We'll talk with Matt about his further experiences. We'll find out how he views the world at this point.
Along the way, we'll talk about Homelessness in America: What causes it? What can be done? How close are we all to it?
Let's get the conversation going...
"Racism is as American as apple pie" is the highly publicized quote from student activist Stokely Carmichael (later Kwame Toure) during the 1960s protest movement. As supporters of white police officer Darren Wilson collect money for his defense in the killing of unarmed black teen Michael Brown of Ferguson, Missouri, members of a white supremist hate group send out a message referring to Michael Brown as a "N-----r Thug" and praise the work of the Ferguson police department in killing him. For them, Darren Wilson is a hero. Racial hatred is as American as apple pie. But is it also a reflection of serious mental instability, an irrational fear that could prompt people to commit violent acts? Is it a condition to be isolated and treated, the way one treats those who suffer from schizoprenia or dementia, or any other mental illness that produces delusional thinking? Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. referred to the racist whites that threatened his life as "our sick white brethren." Those who are treated badly by sick racists often spend a lot of time trying to convince themselves that they are worthy of respect, rather than recognizing that the illness is within those who do not know how to respect others. A healthy mind has the capacity to recognize the good in others. A sick mind does not. Would you vote someone into office who suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and might become a serial killer? Then why allow those with the mental illness of racism to continue to get elected as mayors, appointed as police chiefs, or sit in courtrooms as judges? Should racism be identified and treated like a mental illness? If so, shouldn't the responsibility for removing mentally sick people from positions of authority rest on those who are mentally well?
JUST WANT IS SLAVERY ? WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN INDENTURED SERVENT AND A SLAVE? WERE SO CALLED BLACKS THE ONLY ONES IN BONDAGE HERE IN AMERICA ? WAS SLAVERY IN AMERICA STARTED BY A SO CALL BLACKMAN? OK FAMILY THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE THINGS EYE WILL BE TOUCHING IN THIS BROADCAST. SEE YOU IN THE PLACE.
Join author, lecturer, television and radio host Antoinette Harrell for a discussion of her new book The Department of Justice - Slavery, Involuntary Servitude and Peonage.
The 13th Amendment to the Constitution outlawed slavery and certain forms of involuntary servitude. The Department of Justice files contain complaints made by persons (victims) who were being held against their will or forced to work off debts through threats and intimidation by employers or others. Most of the victims were negroes who were beaten to return to former employers to work off their debts. These files contain correspondences, memorandums, telegrams, newspapers clippings, transcripts or testimonies, FBI reports of investigation and indictments.
Antoinette Harrell, a renowned genealogist whose genealogical research has been featured on Nightline News, People Magazine and many other national and international public media. Harrell is the host and producer of Nurturing Our Roots Television and Nurturing Our Roots Blog Talk Radio. She was appointed Honorary Attorney General in the State of Louisiana in 2003 for her studies in genealogy. She is also one of the recipients of the ASLAH Award for her outstanding services of as a humanitarian activist and film maker. She has also been featured in “Chronicle On Civil Rights” & Civil Rights History from the Ground Up: Local Struggles a National Movement.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: http://www.naturebox.com/thinkingatheist
GIVE A WEDDING GIFT: http://www.razoo.com/story/A-Wedding-Gift-Beyond-Belief
SECULAR THERAPIST BLOG ARTICLE: http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2014/08/20/secular-therapist-project/
JERRY COYNE'S ARTICLE ON ROBIN WILLIAMS (with Stephen Fry letter): http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/robin-williams-depression-and-stephen-fry
In recent weeks, we've been dealing with the human mind and its ability to accept irrational things. This week, we're dealing directly with the complex issue of mental health, specifically things like depression, anxiety, grief, addiction, mood disorders and more.
Blogger, speaker and activist JT Eberhard has revealed publicly his own battles with depression, giving a talk at Skepticon 4 titled, "Mental Illness and Why The Skeptic Community Should Give a Shit." (LINK: http://youtu.be/UI-YvrHZVvk) Michaelyn Eberhard has a bachelors degree in neuroscience and is a freethought activist. Jeremiah Beene studies Ph.D Clinical Psychology at the University of Mississippi. And Dr. Darrel Ray is a clinical psychologist, author and expert on mental health. They join us for the show, plus your calls and emails.
Most people acknowledge that mental health issues are not handled as seriously as other health issues. There are misunderstandings, victim blaming, and the inaccurate belief that someone living with mental illness can simply 'cheer up' or get through it. What most people don't know is the diverse ways in which social workers exist in the world of mental health. There is not only a myriad of ways that social workers practice, but also a requirement for diversity and cultural competence and an ever-present need for diversity among providers. Join us as we discuss these issues and their impact on the trans* community.
Tune in tonight as The Strong Stance talks with Julian Harris. Julian is a 2nd year MSW student at Howard University where he is concentrating on mental health and trauma, and he is currently interning at the Wendt Center for Loss and Healing. He formerly co-facilitated DCATS support groups and was a Team Leader for HIPS. Julian is a black trans-man, living in Washington, DC.
Show Sponsor: http://audiblepodcast.com/back2us
1. FIND THE 3 P's
2. CHANGE YOURSELF FIRST
3. WHATEVER YOU RESIST PERSIST
4. LET GO AND LET GOD/FORGIVE
5. GET MENTALLY / SPIRITUAL F.I.T.
6. GET IN TUNE / ATONEMENT
7; TAKE MASSIVE ACTION
8. CAN YOU FEEL / ACT AS IF
9. BE A MENTAL MAGNET / GROUP THINK
10. BE ORIGINAL OR DIE A COPY
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (79 chatters)
- thelordshour (30 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (28 chatters)
- The Portal (22 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (18 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (17 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (15 chatters)
- HOV Radio (12 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (12 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (10 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- Fins Radio (9 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (8 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (7 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (7 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (7 chatters)
- TimBinnall (7 chatters)
- SHRAonair (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (5 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (5 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (5 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (5 chatters)
- Omega Man (5 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (4 chatters)
- NTEB (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (4 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (4 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (4 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (4 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (4 chatters)
- G220 Radio (4 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (3 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- 63289 (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (2 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (2 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (2 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (1 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- The Microsoft Princess Insider (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SistaPoochie (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- Abundant Living1 (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- DFW Power Brokers (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- Lady Faatimah (1 chatters)
- LCS (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (0 chatters)