SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Gary Blau, Chief of the Child, Adolescent and Family Branch of the Center for Mental Health Services, joined Dr. Greene this month to discuss his work in the field of mental health. Among other issues, Dr. Blau discusses the alarmingly high rate of children in need of mental health services and the much lower rate of care available. He recommends not only expanding the number of health care providers, but also expanding the thinking of who could be helpful in treating these issues. Along these lines, he introduces the idea of mental health first-aid as a critical first step in providing appropriate services to children with mental health needs. In addition, Dr. Blau discusses the importance of a strength-based treatment model and the feasibility of family-driven, youth-guided service provision.
We've become numb to the mass shootings, stabbings, and erratic behavior displayed by the influx of recent news stories. It's easy to write off the actions of others as just 'bad behavior' but what happens if we dig deeper, if we start to talk about mental health issues? Depression, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia etc. are more common than many may realize but why are we still so afraid to talk about these issues, too afraid to seek help? Why are so many told to just 'pray it off'? Join us as we discuss the eye-opening statistics, the reality of the state of mental health in America, and ways to help those suffering and in need of mental health support. Let's discuss...
We will talk the issues that surround not just mental health issues within the congregation but with the Pastor. We'll deal with the strain that comes with Pastoring and some events that come from it if not dealt with properly.
Sex outside the marriage & Fornication
Practice Managers sometimes have to deal with mental health issues in their medical practice whether it's with their patients who also suffer from physical issues or with their staff members. Mental Health blogger and motivational speaker Gabe Howard is our guest and shares his expertise that comes from a lived experience dealing with mental health myths and realities.
Joining us will be Dale Kleimola M.Div., D.Min is a Pastor - doing informal Family and Workplace Coach in Jackson, Michigan. We will be speaking about how family related stresses can impact employees mental health, spiritual and emotional wellbeing in the workplace. You can contact Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him directly at 517-745-6241 Our discussion will bring awareness and insights for supervising, managing and leading your teams. What impact does this topic have for business leaders and managers? How do they relate to health and safety, and your business? Please join our discussion to share your thoughts and ask your questions.
Do you know someone that has been so depressed that they could not see the positvie side of life. Have you ever experienced it yourself? On this Staying Healthy broadcast, we will look into the lives of those who are dealing with this terrible condition. We will also look at the options that are available to conquer depression. And explore the spiritual aspect that is behind it as well. Stay tuned for this important episode, of a condition that is controlling the lives of many.
Sis. Debbie Mirander, RN, BSN shares integrated conventional health information with natural therapies. She has been an RN for over 25 years assisting patients on how to care for their health, thus taking control of their lives. She is currently in the process of obtaining her Doctorate in Natural Medicine, and Certification in Nutrition as she continues to add to her calling one of Integrated Nutrition and Holistic Health Care. She is also an Ordained Minister, Christian Author and bible teacher and have been teaching the bible for over 15 years. Her book "Standing And Believing On The Promises Of God", is available almost anywhere books are sold. And on her website: http://www.radianttreeproductions.com She invites you to visit her facebook health page called Radiant Tree Covenant Health http://www.facebook.com/RadiantIntegratedCovenantHealth
Lee Ducat and Dr. Arthur Rubenstein speak with Mike and Joyce about their upcoming conference, "Mental Health Issues of Diabetes," to be held in Philadelphia on October 7.
For more information about registration and a copy of the complete agenda, please see http://www.mhidglobal.org
in Self Help
Life's Issues with Lloyd Rosen with his guest Kartika R Anderson
Blue is Blue is my opportunity to share my walk through depression and how art (specifically creating with soft pastels and acrylics) has helped tremendously.
Kartika R Anderson has a few goals:
to continue my healing
to reduce the stigma associated with depression, medication and suicidal ideations
to challenge women to own their healing
to encourage more people to create art
to gain more recognition for art’s therapeutic value in general
Thanks for joining on the journey!
I will go further into detail of why I am talking about this, why there needs to be more mental health awareness, and the stigma surrounding it that needs to be extinguished. There may be a poem or two to recite. Well See. But, anyway, check it out Saturday at 6pm! This is important to me so I could talk for hours about it but any callers are welcome.
We know now that our valued service men and women who have been returning home, are finding that it is very difficult to find a job and fit back into the civilian world. If you take into account veterans who have served in active duty since 2001, the unemployment for young veterans is sitting at 12.1%. The unemployment rate for all veterans (including young and old ) is at an all time high of 21.1%.
Because of this fact and a number of others, many of our vets returning home are finding themselves unemployed and often even homeless. On a national level, an estimated 107,000 veterans are finding themselves without a home each night.
So how about them finding jobs? They are returning to a slow economy which having trouble getting back on it’s feet. They are finding their houses often in danger of default or foreclosure and their spouses are having trouble finding employment too.
Join Flex Hour Jobs as we discuss the mental health issues our vets face and how we can help them to find jobs.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (493 chatters)
- John Baptist (96 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (27 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (17 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (14 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (13 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (13 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (10 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (9 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (8 chatters)
- Odwirafo (8 chatters)
- canadianglen (8 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (7 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (7 chatters)
- Jose Navy (7 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (6 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- Quagmire America (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (6 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (6 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Love Productions (5 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (4 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (4 chatters)
- patriots united (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- DDP Radio (4 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (4 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (3 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- Dave in the City (3 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (3 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (3 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (2 chatters)
- Opulent Network (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- THE TAILGATE ZONE (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (2 chatters)
- illblogradio (2 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Interface (1 chatters)
- Inviting Love (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Diehard Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- TimNolan1941 (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (0 chatters)
- The Stack Off (0 chatters)