SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
This segment will be the beginning of a series, where we explore why Pres. George Implemented his New Freedom Initiative. This was in response to the consumers having unfair treatment limitations and financial requirements for mental health benefits,using a fragmented mental health system and fighting the stigmatism surrounding mental health issues.
in Self Help
Following the previous episode of changing Mental Healthcare in America, we will next discuss th 6 goals for changing our mental Healthcare system according to President Bush- New Freedom Commission. We will also discuss how peer specialist can have a role in the change.
Craig Lewis is a Certified Peer Specialist and author of the Better Days – A Mental Health Recovery Workbook. Craig based the Better Days workbook on his personal life and recovery, and every page has been used successfully in peer group settings. A Better Days support group facilitation guide is currently being developed as are Spanish and French language versions of the Better Days workbook.
Craig also has edited and published You’re Crazy Volume One which compiles first-hand accounts of people from the punk rock scene who live with mental health struggles, addiction and trauma. A second volume ofYou’re Crazy is currently in the works.
Craig can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enjoy Craig's articles for our show: My Inner Human and An Interview with Craig Lewis, CPS.
NEWS AND VIEWS FROM ATLANTA AND AROUND THE GLOBE...INTERVIEWS AND SPECIAL GUESTS! YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS GOING TO STOP BY AND HOLLA AT YA GIRL!
What is going on in Ferguson? Will the officer be charged with Murder?
Is Beyonce and Jay Z getting a divorce?
Are you attending Woman Thou Art Loosed in October?
Have you bought the new Trey Songz album?
What is happening in the Atlanta Real Estate Market?
We will answer those questions and talk about all sorts of juicy stuff...Listen, Learn, Laugh, and Dare to Share your very OWN "MENTAL NOTE"!
Join us as we interview Darlene Lancer, JD, MFT and author of: Conquering Shame and Codependency: 8 Steps to Freeing the True You and Codependency for Dummies. On the show we discuss shame and codependency. Some questions from the show are:
1. What is internalized shame?
2. How does shame show up when treating clients?
3. What are some common defenses to shame?
4. What are clues to help spot shame in clients?
5. How does shame affect codependency and relationships?
6. How might shame and codependency affect us as health care providers?
7. How should we approach treating shame?
Please read her popular article on this topic. For more information about Darlene and her work, please visit our post here.
Darlene Lancer is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and expert on relationships and codependency.
This show is brought to you by everythingehr.com
in Self Help
Do you have a mental health toolbox? A mental health toolbox is made of things you use or do to help yourself feel better. Your toolbox might consist of positive affirmation, or it might be simply taking a walk or a short nap. Did you know that certain essential oils can raise seratonin levels and help you feel better? Tonight I'll give you some ideas for creating your own toolbox and share some tips that have worked for me in the past.
Linda Naomi Katz is the author of Surviving Mental Illness. She was born on March 21, 1969 by the name of Linda Naomi Baron. She was raised as a modern Orthodox Jew, and mental illness has been a factor throughout most of her life.
Through the years she was faced with challenges that were difficult to overcome, but has been working hard to achieve recovery. As part of her recovery from mental illness, she became active in the mental health field.
Linda is a member with the National Alliance on Mental Illness (formerly National Alliance for the Mentally Ill), and has published articles in New York City Voices, a newspaper that helps fight against stigma and other issues pertaining to mental illness. Soon after, she found employment working for agencies that help others with mental illness reach their goals and dreams.
Today, Linda is happily married, a college graduate, and continues her work as a mental health advocate. Linda lives in Flushing, New York. Surviving Mental Illness is her first book.
in Self Help
Another 30 min music episode with some classic love songs. Keeping the chat to a minimum but with news of the imminent return of the Call-In show. You can make requests for songs you would like to hear in future music episodes of the show by sending me a message on Twitter @MHSAG_ or by visiting https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mental-Health-The-Invisible-Illness-Call-In-Show/1374418156152598 and leaving your requests there. If you are able to listen Live you can join me in the chatroom and make your suggestions there too. I hope you are able to listen either live or after the fact via the podcast. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the tunes ... Love to you all
"Racism is as American as apple pie" is the highly publicized quote from student activist Stokely Carmichael (later Kwame Toure) during the 1960s protest movement. As supporters of white police officer Darren Wilson collect money for his defense in the killing of unarmed black teen Michael Brown of Ferguson, Missouri, members of a white supremist hate group send out a message referring to Michael Brown as a "N-----r Thug" and praise the work of the Ferguson police department in killing him. For them, Darren Wilson is a hero. Racial hatred is as American as apple pie. But is it also a reflection of serious mental instability, an irrational fear that could prompt people to commit violent acts? Is it a condition to be isolated and treated, the way one treats those who suffer from schizoprenia or dementia, or any other mental illness that produces delusional thinking? Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. referred to the racist whites that threatened his life as "our sick white brethren." Those who are treated badly by sick racists often spend a lot of time trying to convince themselves that they are worthy of respect, rather than recognizing that the illness is within those who do not know how to respect others. A healthy mind has the capacity to recognize the good in others. A sick mind does not. Would you vote someone into office who suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and might become a serial killer? Then why allow those with the mental illness of racism to continue to get elected as mayors, appointed as police chiefs, or sit in courtrooms as judges? Should racism be identified and treated like a mental illness? If so, shouldn't the responsibility for removing mentally sick people from positions of authority rest on those who are mentally well?
This episode will discuss the tragic and sudden death of Robin Williams and the issue of mental health in America. We will also discuss how depression adversely affects children and adults and the lack of intervention and prevention programs in school, churches and communities. Finally, we will discuss what you can do to make a difference in the life of someone battling depression.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (115 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (42 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (17 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (15 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (14 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (14 chatters)
- John Baptist (8 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (8 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (7 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Tony Robinson El (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- canadianglen (2 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Boyd and Lucinda (2 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- BeverlyD (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- The Jacob Kohinoor Show (2 chatters)
- knowurenemy (2 chatters)
- lakermike (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- MoeTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Pure Journey Radio (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- theKingscourt (1 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- BTR4367 (1 chatters)
- DDP Radio (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Dr Auset (1 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (1 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)