SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
During this heartfelt, yet informative show you will learn what Melanoma did to the lives of sax player for the band Sha Na Na, Michael Brown and his wife Amanda. Tune in and get informed!
"Downtown" Michael Brown, originally from Newport Beach in Orange County Ca., now hails from Brigantine, New Jersey. The son of renowned jazz pianist, Ronnie Brown, Michael has played the saxophone since the age of nine.
A regular on the Las Vegas and national touring scene, he has performed with the likes of, Buckwheat Zydeco, The Platters, Lil' Elmo and the Cosmos, Shake Rattle and Roll, Launi Kristopher, Mitch Woods and His Rocket 88's, the classic show at Ivan Kane's Royal Jelly inside Revel Casino Atlantic City, and now Sha Na Na.
When not rocking, he is the Coola Suncare Education Ambassador, the Executive Director for the Melanoma Education Foundation Nevada chapter and part time Racecar driver. Michael has a solo CD entitled, WITH ALL MY HEART, an original eclectic blend of music from Pop-rock to Jazz-funk, punctuated by a ballad dedicated to melanoma awareness and the memory of his wife Amanda. It is available on the CD Baby website.
Michael's book "FINDING N-E-D: NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE" is now available from Tate Publishing. It is a heartfelt true story of love, loss, and hope. Diagnosed with malignant melanoma, Amanda Faye Brown started on a long, difficult journey through the disease, and had the wisdom and foresight to gather her thoughts into a journal. Compiling these journal entries and interspersing them with his own thoughts, telling their story from first meeting through marriage to tearful days at the hospital, Michael Brown shares the struggles and sorrows that came with his wife's cancer.
Learn more at http://www.amandasmessage.com/
SURVIVOR SPOTLIGHT JULIANNA CARVATT Young Adult Survivor, Melanoma JENNIFER A. STEIN, MD PHD Assistant Professor Associate Director of Pigmented Lesion Services Department of Dermatology NYU Dermatologic, Skin and Cancer Associates SAMANTHA GUILD Bereaved Young Adult Siblling National Patient Advocate AIM At Melanoma
Join ‘Stories for Life’ host Dr. Ken Weizer and his guest Ken from Santa Barbara, California. Ken was originally diagnosed with cancer the first time 13 years ago. Ken was cancer free for a number of years before being diagnosed with melanoma, and then head and neck cancer. Ken states that we all get gifts from going through cancer. Cancer is different from other illnesses.” He explains to Dr. Weizer how he was significantly “smarter,” and more intelligent since cancer. Ken is all in with this journey called cancer. He has a totally different outlook and his personality is different now. Ken said to Dr. Weizer, “we all receive different gifts, you just may not know what yours will be yet.”
Ashura noticed an unusual mole on her back- one that kept changing shape. However, she never imagined that she, a 16 year old black H.S teen, would be diagnosed with Melanoma. Everyone knows Black people don’t get skin cancer, her pigmentation (melanin) prevents that- but Ashura was wrong; she was diagnosed with Melanoma. She’s telling her survivor story. Join us on DeLeon Dialogue as we explore the truths and myths about black people and skin cancer. Call: 347- 945-5853
Join Mark and his special guest Peggy Leinweber. Peggy is an melanoma cancer survivor and was a caregiver for her husband Mick. Join Mark and Peggy for this very special conversation that will benefit cancer survivors and caregivers.
ONE BILLION CELLS LATER AND IT ALL STILL .................MAKES NO SENSE! The Curaderm Billionaire Network - What is it Keen to learn more - well listen in! The show will explain one of the main objectives of the Daily Curaderm Network Radio Show...... The never told story about the Other Billionaire, (but......not so SOCIAL) Network THE CURADERM NETWORK 2004-2014
On the Wednesday, June 26th at 1:30PM Pacific/4:30PM Eastern broadcast our special guest is nationally renowned melanoma expert Edward McClay, MD. Recently selected by Top Doctors in its 8th annual edition of America's Top Doctors® for Cancer, the publication notes: 'Dr. McClay, is among the top 1% of cancer doctors in over 40 specialties and subspecialties for the care and treatment of cancer.' Dr. McClay is a practicing medical Oncologist at CCARE (California Cancer Associates for Research and Excellence) and discusses recent updates in the addition for the management of melanoma as well as some very practical implications for prevention.
For Dr. McClay's bio, click here. Join us for an informative discussion.
Michael W. Brown’s wife, Amanda, died in his arms beneath a dark blanket…but there is light. He is here to share the ‘shining lining’ as Amanda’s story lives on—providing a love story with a happy ending.
Determined to fulfill Amanda’s dying wishes, Michael’s love for her grows as he continues to educate ALL about Melanoma. As in so many cases, the once thought harmless skin abrasion turned into a deadly weapon. “Finding N-E-D” is Amanda’s book. After Michael completed it for her, he continues to promote: TV news, radio shows, giving talks in schools, marching across the states, and signing copies to the fortunate readers who purchase the treasure, “Finding N-E-D”, to support Amanda’s dream—to spread the news about cancer prevention.
For more information:
Book Trailer -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iefGjR4edaQ
News Broadcast - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZptRxajL8&feature=youtube_gdata_player Health Watch TV Broadcast - http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8489553 Purchase “Finding N-E-D” - http://bit.ly/GVzpgw
View 5-Star Reviews - http://amzn.to/19D3tIG
Join us as our hostess Leigh Teachman, an accomplished aesthetician, discusses skin care and dermatology with Master Aesthetician Stephanie Dillman and seasoned dermatologist Arnold Oppenheim.
On this week's show we will give tips on sunscreens: our personal favorites, tips on application and fact about sunscreens you may find surprising. We will also give out potentially life-saving advice on how to spot a melanoma.
New information on anti-oxidants such as Resveretrol, Chamomile and Emblica.
Stephanie and Leigh will divulge make up tricks that they use to keep their clients looking good.
An intimate chat with Dr. Paul Annells on the fight against skin cancer. Dr. Annellis is the principal physician at the Melanoma Scan Clinic in Brisbane Australia. His philosophy is that early diagnosis saves lives.
On the Wednesday, May 1st 2013 broadcast at 2PM Pacific/5PM Eastern our special guest is Jerry Kolins, MD.
Dr. Kolins practices pathology, blood banking & transfusion medicine, anatomic pathology, clinical pathology at the 'hospital of the future' Palomar Medical Center in Escondido California.
PROGRAM NOTE: we were unable to connect with Dr, Kolins and will be rescheduling him for another broadcast. Meanwhile, listen and learn from Dr. Just what's caught his attention and is cause for optimism in the early detection, diagnosis and treatment of various cancers.
An please note, May is Melanoma Awareness Month! Learn more...
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (435 chatters)
- Channel Panel (180 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (165 chatters)
- AlimBey (53 chatters)
- John Baptist (51 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (37 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (18 chatters)
- Omega Man (17 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (17 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (15 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (12 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (11 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (10 chatters)
- Life Harmony RADIO (9 chatters)
- Ahura Z (9 chatters)
- CE Radio (8 chatters)
- realsidemedia1 (7 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (6 chatters)
- RadioFree QuickBooks (6 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (6 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (6 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (5 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (5 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (5 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (4 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Ask The Cat Doctor Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- At Home with Victoria (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (4 chatters)
- USC RADIO PRODUCTIONS CH ONE (3 chatters)
- They Might Be Taping (3 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (3 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (3 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (3 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (3 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (3 chatters)
- Life outside the Box (3 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Papa CE (2 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- CULTURE FREEDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Donna L Shaw Ministries (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- bapnation (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (2 chatters)
- Take 2 Radio (2 chatters)
- Tech Start Radio (1 chatters)
- The B1G Show (1 chatters)
- The Final Word Podcast (1 chatters)
- The James Vitale Show (1 chatters)
- The Mystic Forum (1 chatters)
- The Rabblecast (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- thedean (1 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- BOOKS AND BOOKSHHH (1 chatters)
- BusProRadio (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- American Refugee Radio (1 chatters)
- Denise Brown (1 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- prophetrodney (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Live with Ron Kelly (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- SportsJAM Network (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- No Turning Back (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Black Author Network (0 chatters)