SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Chris uses Parkinson's disease (PD) as an example of an illness that may be helped or may be harmed by the use of cannabis. It is not as simple as answering the question, "is cannabis a good treatment for PD?" Generally speaking, blanket claims that are made either for or against the use of medical cannabis, no matter what the disease, are gross oversimplifications. Himself a person with Parkinson's (PWP) currently uses cannabis in a limited way and finds it beneficial. The crux of the matter is what are the target symptoms you want to treat. Are there problems with cannabis that might make some symptoms worse?
The history of medication to help sleep is as old as humanity. But the last century has witnessed traditional allopathic medicine trying to find the one that works the best. It turns out that perhaps a substance known to the human race dating back millennia (lie 10,000 years ago may be the best solution.
In this episode of "Bringing Voices To Power" I talk again with Faye Medlock who's President of "Medical Cannabis Advocates of Alabama" and we will do a short recap of the October 16, 2015 "Rally for Cannabis and Civil Rights" in Montgomery, Alabama where I gave the opening speech and covered the event for HuntsvilleBlack.com. We will talk about the the upcoming rally in Montgomery and how anyone can get involved and about the possibility of a "CBD Oil Bill" being considered in the political halls of Montgomery, Alabama.
In this episode of Pain Waves Radio, co-hosted with Dr. Michael Negraeff, we talk to Phillipe Lucas about medical cannabis in Canada and how it can be used to treat chronic pain. We discuss the research that shows how cannabis can work as a safer adjunct to or substitute for pharmaceutical opiates and cover some of the common myths and misconceptions around medical cannabis. We also discuss the societal benefits, possible risks, and specific strains being used to treat chronic pain.
About Our Guest: Philippe Lucas is Vice President of Patient Advocacy at Tilray, a PhD student in the University of Victoria’s Social Dimensions of Health program, and a Graduate Researcher with the Center for Addictions Research of British Columbia. Philippe served as a Victoria City Councillor and Capital Region Director from 2008-2011, and over the years he has received a number of accolades and awards for his research. His scientific research projects and publications include studies on the therapeutic use of cannabis, with a focus on its use in the treatment of trauma and addiction. His publications are available at: www.philippelucas.com.
Please note we're no longer accepting call-ins to Pain Waves Radio.
In this episode of "Bringing Voices To Power" I talk with Faye Medlock who is President of The Medical Cannabis Advocates of Alabama. We will discuss the current state of the legislation, research, Carly's Law and how all this affects the sick and poor people. Faye Medlock will fill us in on how her group is keeping discussion alive and moving the conversation forward.
This week's award winning show will put a focus on Antonio Bascaro, an 81 year old man who has served 36 years in prison for our plant! His daughter, Aicha Bascaro will update us on his story and status. We will also hear from Cheri Sicard, a strong advocate for Antonio. Eugene Fischer (show host) who was incarcerated with Antonio, will also talk about his friend. Now, President Obama has an opportunity to grant Antonio clemency, find out how you can help! We will also discuss Lance Gloor, and his current federal trial in Tacoma, WA! Tune in, this show will be amazing!
Regular Guests include Craig Cesal (serving life in prison),George Martorano in "Gorgies Corner", Stephanie Landa, Mindi Griffiths, Miggy 420, Tom Korby, Dr Allen and more! Our show brings the voices for you help you understand the trauma going on with those and those possess, sell or cultivate cannabis. Over 50 people are serving life sentences and have been in since the 80's. Through a series of shows, you will hear from their family members and the prisoners themselves. This show is an effort to remind the world of their sacrifices. Voices of Cannabis War is hosted by Eugene Fischer (who spent 25 years of a life sentence in federal custody for our plant) and Kristin Flor (who's father died shackled to a bed because our plant is federally illegal). It is presented to you by volunteers, Becca Nichols, Mindi Griffiths, Kristin Flor and Eugene Fischer.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (79 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (32 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (13 chatters)
- The Appearance (13 chatters)
- Ron March Show (8 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (8 chatters)
- MIA-Expert Psychic (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (7 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (6 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- divinewisdomradio (4 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (3 chatters)
- GiftedAngelDel (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (2 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- 67761 (2 chatters)
- Bantering The Blueshirts (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Christian Success Empowerment (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- AJC Radio (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (1 chatters)
- Gospel Alliance Radio (1 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (1 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Revelation Power (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- RoxieZw (1 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Network (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- Young Black and Empowered (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (0 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (0 chatters)