SORT BY Relevancy
Mean Girls and kids bullying and being bullied are trending topics that not only must be talked about but dealt with hands on. Let's talk about what's making Internet fight videos so popular. Kids are fearful now more than ever to even go to school because of vicious life threatening bullying. What can be done? Where do we start? Let's discuss it!
There is something we are told or led to believe, as children and teens, that most of us hang on to with hope as we pack ourselves off to the real world. It is that bullies – specifically “mean girls” — are part of those years alone, and that once we leave our insular ecosystem of primary and high school, everyone will just… grow up and cut the crap. As we all soon discover: this is utter fiction. The truth is that mean girls become mean women, and every last one of us has the capacity to take out our own small, evil-spirited little demons on others in an attempt to feel better. How can we avoid being the catty woman who earns the MEAN WOMAN BADGE OF DISHONOR? We invite you to listen in and Xtract the potent power-points that you can add to your treasure chest of life to help you become the caliber of woman that both you and others like and seek to be around rather than avoid, like the plague!
SHOW NOTES: This is our COURTNEY! I AM CURIOUS™ series wherein you ask and I answer! Specifically, this is a series for questions about my personal experiences, perspectives and life lessons.
I coined the term the “Workplace Relationship Expert” by 1999 and have been using it in my professional materials since that time! The reason is that I research and write about workplace interpersonal relationships that impact organizational outcomes (between management and staff, between peers, etc.).
Definition of Workplace: “a place (as a shop or factory) where work is done”
Workplace. (n.d.). Retrieved August 6, 2014, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/workplace
Definition of Relationship:
“: the way in which two or more people, groups, countries, etc., talk to, behave toward, and deal with each other
: a romantic or sexual friendship between two people
: the way in which two or more people or things are connected”
Relationship. (n.d.). Retrieved August 6, 2014, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/relationship
What happens at work is not isolated to work process and goals. It is largely impacted by the internal relationship motives people have not addressed (which results in harassment, bullying abuse, illegal employment decisions, etc.). My job is to address that reality and provide consequence and clarity of the individual choices that team members decide to make.
What led to my identification as 'The Workplace Relationship Expert'?
1) I started dealing with workplace legal issues (wrongful termination, etc.) as an attorney at my law firm (which I opened in 1998).
2) I had numerous clients that I helped with
in Pop Culture
On tonight's episode of Mean Girl Radio, Pam (@LuxeMonster) and Mercedes (@MercedesMarie) have lots and lots of beauty secrets to share with you ladies, specifically the pros and cons of hair weaves. I'm sure a lot of you have seen the photo of Naomi Campbell that has surfaced, showing all of the damage that years and years of wearing weaves and not taking care of her natural hair has caused. A lot of women get so caught up in taking care of the hair that they bought from someone else, and forget to care for their real hair that is under their extensions. So make sure you have your pen and note pads ready!
After that, Trishy (@MeanGirlTrishy) will be giving you all the details for the next sugar baby/sugar daddy party. Last week, there was a fabulous party where single, attractive, intelligent and ambitious young women met single, generous, handsome, affluent men looking to spoil them rotten. It was a wonderful evening where everyone danced, networked, and made connections. Next month, there will be another "sugar bowl" as we in the sugar community call it, but this time it wil be in Los Angeles!
The Mean Girls will also be discussing tonight's episode of Love And Hip-Hop: Atlanta.
At the end of the show, we're also going to talk about polyamory, something that was once thought to be taboo, but is actually quite common these days. If you are or have ever been in a polyamorous relationship, feel free to call in and tell us your story and how it worked out for you.
This is a topic in which everyone has a point of view. No matter how we feel, what truly does submission mean? Why is this topic so sensitive to discuss? What does the bible say about submission? Is submission only for the woman or wife in a relationship?
in Self Help
Most life coaches and authors would agree that being authentic is the key to a fulfilled life; but in practical terms, what does that mean? When we have to make a decision, how do we respond authentically?
1. Knowing what I want:
Growing up I never asked myself, "what do I want?". I was too busy pleasing my parents, my boyfriends, my husband, my kids and my teachers. I reached a tipping point at 39, when the constant sense of unsatisfaction forced me to search for answers within.
2. Expressing what I want through unhesitant action:
It's more valuable to my evolution to act, either in reaction or response to life circumstances, than to be paralyzed by the fear of making a mistake.
3. Developing a thick skin for judgment:
Ihad to come to terms with the fact that people around me wasn't going to accept my new authentic self, that they were going to react out of fear of losing me, that they were going to fight to get my old self back.
While we would all prefer to have everything run smoothly and go according to plan, sometimes we run into setbacks. Sometimes the outcome appears to be a downright defeat. It's easy to become depressed, think our efforts are not worth it and that our dreams are never going to happen.
Then suddenly, maybe without warning, the smoke clears, the skies become brighter and we see something we haven't see before. It is entirely possible that your problems have already been solved. You just haven't yet arrived at the place where the answers are located.
One thing is certain. Life is fluid. It keeps moving. Sometimes we wish time would stand still so we can figure out what's going on and which way to go next. But trust is required of us - trust that things will be right again.
Join Teresa Beeman for 30 minutes of discussion on Defeated Does Not Mean Disempowered.
This show will is brought t you by the Center For Empowered Women.com and can be heard every Monday and Wednesday at 11:00 am Eastern time.
Also be sure to check out Empowered and Living it: 52 Weeks to a More Empowered Life.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (79 chatters)
- thelordshour (30 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (28 chatters)
- The Portal (22 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (18 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (17 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (15 chatters)
- HOV Radio (12 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (12 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (10 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- Fins Radio (9 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (8 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (7 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (7 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (7 chatters)
- TimBinnall (7 chatters)
- SHRAonair (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (5 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (5 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (5 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (5 chatters)
- Omega Man (5 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (4 chatters)
- NTEB (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (4 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (4 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (4 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (4 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (4 chatters)
- G220 Radio (4 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (3 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- 63289 (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (2 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (2 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (2 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (1 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- The Microsoft Princess Insider (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SistaPoochie (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- Abundant Living1 (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- DFW Power Brokers (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- Lady Faatimah (1 chatters)
- LCS (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (0 chatters)