SORT BY Relevancy
On May 28, 2014 the world lost Dr. Maya Angelou, a celebrated poet, memoirist, novelist, educator, dramatist, producer, actress, historian, filmmaker, and civil rights activist. Dr. Angelou is one of the most renowned and influential voices of our time.
Listen to her former student and accomplished attorney, Jocelyn Womack, share riveting memories of what it was like to learn from the amazing Dr. Angelou.
Sister Radio honors Maya Angelou in this Woman Crush Wednesday show.
With Sister Maya's passing, the world feels a deep sense of loss in losing one of the greatest lights to exist in our time. As women, we have gained strength, power, and sense of self through the life she lived and the stories she told. Her many talents graced our lives in unlimited ways and we will forever be grateful for all she gave.
Thank you to Our Teacher, Mother, Sister, Queen...
“When you learn, teach, when you get, give.” - Maya Angelou
Another Clean Glass Production & the Sisterhood Connection Presents: “A Tribute to Maya Angelou”. “Although the body of Dr. Angelou must return to the earth, yet no grave can contain her spirit, for her spirit through her work has escaped death and she will continue to live and her memory and her work will feed generations far into the futures!” by The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan. We are looking for you to call in to share words of our Dear Sister Dr. Maya Angelou. Call in at 914-803-4041, blogtalkradio.com/sion4life - Monday, June 9, 2014 @ 10:00 AM EST or 7:00 AM PST ....Tune In...In Peace...(As-Salaam Alaikum)
In her memoirs, Maya Angelou explored how race and gender affected her life. Her first memoir, was published in 1969 and describes growing up in the segregated South. It includes the story of how, as a child, Angelou was raped by her mother's boyfriend. After the rape, she withdrew into herself and went through a long period of not speaking.
Angelou got pregnant and became a mother when she was 16 and unmarried. Her autobiographies describe how she traveled around the country with her son, Guy, earning her living as a waitress, prostitute, madam, singer, actress and writer. In the '60s, Angelou was active in the civil rights movement and worked with Martin Luther King Jr. as the northern coordinator for the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. She was the inaugural poet for Bill Clinton when he took office in 1993.
Maya Angelou died Wednesday at 86...
How has this woman impacted your life? Join host Petula Beckles as we remember and celebrate the gifts of this legend, right here on The Motif on Alutep Radio. 9179328802
Order a Copy - http://fhu2.org/K140530.html
Cure Stress - http://curestressdevice.com/device
Host: David Masters
David played a clip of Maya Angelou.
David discussed no human being can love you the way God
does and that is what is missing in your life.
Liam says, "I am 52 and wonder if I will ever get married".
Jim is a new listener and wants to learn how to deal with a
In this episode, blogger Sacerdotus speaks on the life and contributions of the late poety and prolific writer, Dr. Maya Angelou. He gives a brief introduction of her life, her struggles and how she became well known via her writing. Angelou passed away on May 28th, 2014 and has been mourned by countless people throughout the world. May she rest in peace.
( Due to some Tech Issues we will re-broadcast the show over on Sunday evening at 6:30pm) Until then we are sorry
We are taking a day and looking into the life of a great woman that has touched the lives of so many people world wide and has written some of the most meaningful poetry there is to inspire to educated and to empower men,women,and young adults.
The late Maya Angelou......
The Audio on this site are copyrighted by the respective author and are placed here for evaluation and entertainment purposes only. No profits are made on this site from their use. Please support these artists and purchase their audios or videos.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work on this site is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only.
Some may be mourning Maya Angelou's death, but to U&I who understand Life beyond this realm...
Maya Angelou just became a baby in the next world! What will be her legacy in this world though?
There is so much to be said. Let U&I hear from another poet;
Varion “Se7en the Poet” Howard, Motivational Speaker, Accredited Author, and Creative Poet.
Tune in for another great Conversation. On U&I TALK SHOW with Louise UWACU.
LIVE as of 2pm Pacific. 5pm E.T. 10pm London. 11pm Paris.
Brought to U&I by IMANA & UWACU PRODUCTIONS.
A brilliant writer,and phenomenal woman. Over the course of her remarkable life, Maya was many things – an author, poet, civil rights activist, playwright, actress, director, composer, singer and dancer. But above all, she was a storyteller – and her greatest stories were true. A childhood of suffering and abuse actually drove her to stop speaking – but the voice she found helped generations of Americans find their rainbow amidst the clouds, and inspired the rest of us to be our best selves.
Bill Clinton acknowledged her status when he asked her to read a poem at his inauguration in 1993. Called On The Pulse of the Morning, it included the lines: "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived/But if faced with courage need not be lived again."
in Self Help
On this week's radio show, and in honor of her 86th birthday this week, a rebroadcast of my interview with Maya Angelou. She is one of the most renowned and influential voices of our time. It was an honor to meet her and her presence is powerful and loving. The conversation starts Sunday at 11am EST on 88.7FM, WICR (Indianapolis area) and worldwide at richardbrendan.com
Visit Dr. Angelou online at www.mayaangelou.com
Reisha Baker talk with the legendary Maya Angelou about her latest book, "Mom and Me and Mom". This sheds great insight about the relationship between Mother and daughter that formed the basis for Dr. Angelou's life's story.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (117 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (47 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (29 chatters)
- The Portal (20 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (20 chatters)
- John Baptist (17 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (17 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (12 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (11 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (11 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (9 chatters)
- Living Off The Grid Radio (9 chatters)
- Channel Panel (8 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (8 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (7 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (6 chatters)
- 63489 (6 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (6 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (4 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Bellesprit (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- alexas29 (3 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (3 chatters)
- In Defense of Freedom (3 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (3 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (3 chatters)
- Matt4America (2 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (2 chatters)
- In Todays America (2 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Angel Amy (2 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (1 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Grudge Incorporated Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Soul Flower (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (0 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (0 chatters)