SORT BY Relevancy
Desperate to strike it rich or eager for free land, men went into the frontier West alone and sacrificed many creature comforts. Only after they arrived at their destinations did some of them realize how much they missed female companionship.
One way for men living on the frontier to meet women was through subscriptions to heart-and-hand clubs. The men received newspapers with information about women with whom they could correspond—sometimes with photographs. Eventually a man might convince a woman to join him in the West, and in matrimony.
Join us for an interview American author Chris Enss to discuss her new book: Object Matrimony: The Risky Business of Mail-Order Match-Making on the Western Frontier.
Talk radio host managing editor of NEWD Magazine Tiffani Knowles and Tasha Phipps gab for an hour about trends, music, faith and much more. Every week we interview a super cool guest appealing to a faith-filled, urban twentysomething market.
Back in days in college, we called it "Unholy Matrimony"
It was beautiful to lay next to your girlfriend or boyfriend, talking into the wee hours of the night or morning, however you want to say it!
Now y'all are grown, planning towards your marriage and older folks, parents, church folks frown at this saying, 'you're giving away your pride price for free' or "why are your stealing meat from your own cooking pot?'
On the other hand, some say, 'oh it's cool, you're only saving for the future/marriage' or that you're experimenting to see that y'all are compatible in marriage.
We'll talk on this tonight and find out which thought is the best. Join ua at 10 pm as usual and Let's swap tales!!!
Too weak to move forward in your marriage or relationship? You have tried everything and come up empty. The relationship is dry. I wanted better than this.... Tune in tonight as Kevin and Lynette Harrison talk about PERSEVERANCE in the Office of Marriage. What it takes to keep moving towards the HIGH PRIZE!!!
Materials: Bible, Mind, and something to write with and paper.
Spiritual Conviction and Conscious will unlikely be in one's heart at the same time. The Bible suggests that anyone who is in Christ is a new creature. When looking at friends, relationships and more, the Lord requires that one be equally yoked. In the past, we have defined equally yoked as being equal in salary, belief and maybe expectations.
On today's ministry, we will uncover the revelation of God. One secret I will tell you is being equally yoked in any relationship does not mean making the same amount of money or having the same degree. The revelation will reveal that being equally yoked is being married to......stay tune.
If you have not done so, check out other ministries on this blog.
FB: Alfreda Love
20. The Gods who dwell in the Heaven from which our spirits came, are beings who have been redeemed from the grave in a world which existed before the foundations of this earth were laid. They and the Heavenly body which they now inhabit were once in a fallen state. Their terrestrial world was redeemed, and glorified. and made a Heaven...
21. These Gods, being redeemed From the grave with their wives, are immortal and eternal, and will die no more. But they and their wives will be supremely happy. All the endearing ties of conjugal love which existed in their bosoms, when terrestrial and Fallen beings, are now greatly increased and perfected which serve to swell their souls with feelings of rapturous delight, and unbounded love towards each other, and with joys that are everlasting. How beautiful--how interesting--how inexpressibly lovely will they appear in each others eyes! Full of virtue and goodness, knowledge and intelligence, affection and love they shine forth in all the brilliancy and glory of these Godlike attributes, inspiring each other, and all Heaven, with a fulness of Eternal joys.
But can several wives love one and the same man as their husband? Yes, if he treat them in a way to merit their confidence and love. There is no more difficulty in several women loving one husband than there is in several persons loving our Lord and Saviour. God is the Author of sexual or conjugal love, the same as He is of all other kinds of pure love; and if He unites several women to one man in the sacred bonds of matrimony, it is their duty to cultivate and increase the heavenly principle of pure love to their husband, until they love him with all their hearts, even as they love God; and he should love them in return, even as he loves God. There is no evil in love; but there is much evil resulting from the want of love. The Seer; Orson Pratt
LaNola Goings is the Co-Pastor of Heart of Christ Family Fellowship established
by her husband and Senior Pastor, Rodney Goings. Pastor Nola was born on June 5,
1979 to Elder Eugene & Evangelist Mary Bacote (Jr). She has one sister whom she
admires dearly, Minister Tanisha Bacote Sutton of Raleigh, NC.
She was educated in the public school system of Florence, SC and is a 1997 honor
graduate of South Florence High School. She continued her education at Winthrop
University where on September 9, 1997 she rededicated her life to Christ. God quickly
changed her experiences at college by calling her into the ministry at the age of nineteen.
Pastor Nola graduated from Coker College in 2003 with a Bachelor of Science degree in
Pastor Nola was ordained as a minister through the International School of
Religion located in Columbia, SC on October 9, 1999. She has been in the ministry for
over fifteen years during which time she has traveled extensively along the East Coast.
Her unique presentation of the gospel has enabled her to minister to many denominations
and organizations and as a result she is a much sought after preacher, teacher, psalmist,
She has always been motivated by her role models, her parents, to strive towards
her full potential in using all of her abilities to give glory to God and to promote His
Kingdom. She continues to be inspired by her parents and is now inspired daily by the
man that God placed in her life to be her covering.
Pastor Rodney and LaNola were joined in holy matrimony on November 26,
2005. Together through this union, they are endeavoring to make Heart of Christ an
innovative, out of the box, multicultural, Christ Centered, Family Oriented ministry!
We will continue the Program from last week on the Christian Marriage. Minister Duru has been with Faith Restoration Ministries since the beginning. She is coming with an enthusiasm which is all her own. Very often we hear so many interpretations of the Bible and the enemy is having a field day confusing people concerning what is right, acceptable and holy. Too many have become careless and arrogant with the expectation that God will accept their contribution. It is our prayer that as the Holy Spirit directs us that we will express and present God's Word the way He wants us to know it.
Faith Restoration Ministries Int'l www.frministries.org with prayer, inspirational reading, and counseling.
Other Programs Include
www.livestream.com/irieatl Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 09:00 am EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/DrBTMC Tuesdays and Fridays at 09:00 am EST
We are also on Skype, Twitter and Facebook under /faithres
Counseling Dial 678 964 4096, please leave your name, number and a brief message.
For Archives, Books, Schedules and Counseling information go to the website.
MoJo Blog Talk Radio... "Sex, Saved & Sanctified" because Marriage "Really" Matters.
Sex is important in a marriage, but how important is it? What does the Bible say about say about sex and the bedroom as it relates to holy matrimony? Let's talk, we want to hear from you on MoJo Blog Talk Radio. Look us up on (www.blogtalkradio.com/granny's place-ministries) or give us a call every Tuesday Night, live @ 310-982-4126, 8:00 pm CST.
Thank you for your love and continual support.
John & Monette Leggs
(Marriage "Really" Matters)
JOIN US AS WE ARE BLESSED TO WELCOME STUDENT MIN. STANLEY MUHAMMAD AND HIS WIFE SIS. RUTH MUHAMMAD AS THEY SHARE WONDERFUL ADVICE ON MARRIAGE. THEY WILL DISCUSS THE ROLES OF THE HUSBAND AND WIFE, CONFLICT RESOLUTION, FINANCES , TRUE LOVE AND FAITH. WE WILL BE WISHING BRO. FRANK X. HUDSON AND OUR BELOVED HOST SIS. YATERAH X. MCDANIEL THE BEST AS THEY JOURNEY INTO HOLY MATRIMONY. CALL IN TO LISTEN AND GET ADVICE OR OFFER ADVICE TO THIS BEAUTIFUL YOUNG COUPLE. 646-716-5971
What constitutes a family seems to be ever changing in the United States of America and around the world. The word family conjures and image of a man married to a woman with children together. That image is still typical. But you also have the divorced man and divorced woman with children from previous marriages. You know the Brady Bunch type that became the new normal in the 70’s. Then there was the proliferation of single parent families and now same-sex parent families have become the new normal. What are your thoughts on the new normal same-sex parent families? More importantly what does the scripture say regarding this most recent new-normal family type?
We air programs on Blog Talk Radio at the following times: Sun 2:00pm, Mon 8:00pm, Tue 8:00pm, Wed 7:00pm, Thu 8:00pm, Fri 7:00pm & Sat 9:00am. All times are Eastern Standard Time.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (67 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (63 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (19 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (14 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (11 chatters)
- MABIM (11 chatters)
- We Built That Network (10 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (10 chatters)
- RATNetwork (9 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- BrewCityBall Radio (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (4 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (4 chatters)
- The Patriot Media Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- In Todays America (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Jesus My Rock (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- thejohnnywatsonshow (2 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- dtm radio (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- Splashhhh (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- Northern Wellness (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)