SORT BY Relevancy
On this very important show, we have an excellent panel of experts who will discuss issues of maternity, motherhood, family, healthcare and related subjects. They will provide insights and solutions on the Black maternal and infant mortality crisis.
— Dr. Akosua Ali.Sabree —Professional Nurse, Minister and Director of Amadi Wellness Connection
— Dr. Ava Muhammad —Attorney, Minister, Researcher and Author
— Dr. Safiyya Muhammad —Physician and Owner of Fountain Medical Associates
— Sis. JayVon Muhammad —Certified Professional Midwives and Owner of SistaGirl Midwifery, and Urban Midwifery
Background: The U.S. ranks 41st among nations in maternal and infant mortality, with African-American infants dying at a rate of nearly 14 per 1,000 live births. In some states, the incidence is nearly 20. In addition, African-American women are almost four times more likely to die of pregnancy-related complications than white women.
This disparaging reality does not include the enormity of permanent injuries suffered by both mother and child surrounding maternity.
Remember when you were pregnant with your first child? Your emotions raced between excitement, anxiety, and wonder when thinking about what life would be like after becoming a Mom? In the first of a Two part interview, the Maternal Manager talks to 1st time mom to be Renee Michelle Williams-King a couple of weeks before delivering her son Eli. What are her birthing plans? Was labor and delivery all she thought it would be? What does she think baby Eli will look like and which parent does he take after? A follow up interview will happen after Eli is born.
The Maternal Manager opens up with interviewer Stephanie Nivinskus on the needs of today's moms. Moms are their own worst critics. Sometimes they need a dose of encouragement and a few coping tools to gain the confidence to become the moms they want to be. She discusses what a Mommy Coach is and why humor and light heartedness can help moms overcome some of the most difficult situations. Sometimes moms don't need the experts, they need another mom who has been there and can help them navigate the sea of motherhood without drowning in dispare.
What would you say if you could talk with your teenage self? The Maternal Manager returns to the 1980's to chat with teenage Mindi about her plans for the future and Mindi wants to know what the future looks like. Did she become a super model/actress/spy/detective? Did she marry a wealthy guy like on Dynasty or an adventurous modern Indiana Jones?
The Maternal Manager confesses she has the exciting career of being a Mom. Yes, she grew up to become her Mom. It's an adventure saving the future.
Join Denise as she has a mom talk with professional make-up artist turned maternal health advocate, writer and speaker, Timoria McQueen. Timoria suffered a post partum hemorrhage and underwent a life-saving surgery shortly after the birth of her daughter. She was diagnosed with PTSD and realized that there were very few resources for women who had similar birth experiences. Along with providing resources for other women, Timoria shares a candid look at what her life has been like since giving birth to her first child four years ago on her blog www.timoriamcqueen.com. If you have experienced a miscarriage, or any other maternal health issue, you will not want to miss this episode of Mom Talk with Denise LaRosa.
Have you or someone you know experienced the loss of a newborn or have a child born with a birth defect? October 15th is recognized as Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day to provide education and support for those who have experienced a miscarriage or loss of an infant.
October is also the time that many organizations bring awareness to serious birth defects such as spina bifida and Erb's Palsy. Join us on Root Cause Radio Wednesday October 15th as we empower families affected by infant loss, birth defects and birth trauma.Root Cause Radio gladly welcomes back therapeutic scientist, professor, author, and the founder of Symptometry - Dr. Maxwell Nartey.
Tonight's expert health panel will also feature Elizabeth Wanek, MD, LSym and Dr. Charlie Abbott, OMD, LAc, LSym & Director of Administration at the AMERICAN SCHOOL OF SYMTPOMETRY - first training institution producing therapeutic scientists in root cause therapeuticsTM.
Root Cause Radio - Sharing the Secrets of Optimal Health - www.RootCauseRadio.com today.
Do you feel you need to be involved with everything at school for people to think your a good mother? Do you just send a bag of Oreos to your kids' classrooms when it's time for a party? Do you want to help out or are you needing to be the teacher's pet? Only you know the answer. It's not a right or wrong question. It comes down to what you expect of yourself. Parent involvement at school is a recipe of time, energy, and how much your kids need or want you there.
Our broadcast honors, October 15, as “Worldwide Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day”. Marika Baris is the Founder and Executive Director of My Baby Angel Foundation, which was created out of the pain, shock, and grief she and her husband, Dr. Frederic Wiedemann, experienced in the pregnancy losses of TWO of their grandchildren. Their granddaughter was born on June 18, 2008 at 22 weeks gestational age. She lived 20 minutes and was too young to survive. Their grandson, born on March 14, 2009 was stillborn at 24 weeks. The loss was devastating to them and their family.
The My Baby Angel Foundation was born out of Marika and her husband’s desire to help others suffering a loss, as well as to create a legacy of love for their deceased grandchildren. To learn more please visit MyBabyAngel.org and Pregnancy Infant Loss and Remembrance Day. You can also visit them on Facebook.
Marika is a Mother of two, Grandmother of seven, Psychotherapist, Mediator, Corporate and Diversity Trainer, Humanitarian Consultant, Social activist, and passionate being. Her work over the last 5 years has been voluntary, “helping transform society’s response to pregnancy and infant loss.”
HOST: Serge Ndayizeye
HE PAUL KAGAME, PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF RWANDA
CHAIR: DR ROBIN NIBLETT, DIRECTOR, CHATHAM HOUSE
With two decades of political stability, Rwanda has enjoyed rapid economic growth and is internationally recognized for its progress in reducing child mortality, improving food security and gender equality. At this event, President Paul Kagame will discuss his vision for Rwanda’s future, building on its development gains, and its regional and international priorities.
in Rock Music
Heliosaga- “Towers In The Distance” is the anticipated album rooted deep in European tradition, combining the best elements of power, symphonic, and gothic metal. Drawing comparisons from such bands as Xandria, Delain, and Leaves Eyes.
The name Heliosaga is a metaphor derived from helios, the Greek word for sun, and saga meaning the story/ history; thus, Heliosaga represents the journey of life.
“Towers In The Distance” lyrics are deeply personal, and the primary themes revolve around the state of the world, mortality and the personal struggles that all encounter. Mixed by Michael Hansen (Phonomik, Chainfist) at Phon Studio and mastered by Jacob Hansen (Epica, Volbeat) at Hansen Studios. Bass guitar tracks were recorded by Chad Novell (Fibonacci Sequence) and a guest guitar solo was performed by Gilbert Pot (Elegy).
Heliosaga was founded in 2010 by Damien Villarreal (keys/guitar) in San Antonio, Texas, soon after joined by Jordan Ames (drums). By September of 2010, the line-up was complete and the first practices were held. The ensuing year would see a five song demo, the first shows and various line-up changes. In 2012, Chelsea Knaack joined as lead vocalist and the band recorded the single “The Light of Ardor”, which was released in January 2013. Shortly before the recorded single was release, the band relocated to Minnesota and continued the writing process.
Tired of the news morons giving you information that we are all doomed..Ebolla is not the probelm your press where you are getting the information is.We get to the hard core facts what are your chances to survive armageddon.In 1976, Ebola (named after the Ebola River in Zaire) first emerged in Sudan and Zaire. The first outbreak of Ebola (Ebola-Sudan) infected over 284 people, with a mortality rate of 53%. A few months later, the second Ebola virus emerged from Yambuku, Zaire, Ebola-Zaire (EBOZ). EBOZ, with the highest mortality rate of any of the Ebola viruses (88%), infected 318 people. Ebola. We welcome our new sponsors to the show..Naomi Gold Sparman her products Mia Bath & Body Best in bath products... We also welcome Heather Wheaton Bonfiglio-Her product the most amazing make up ever! Younique & Kimberly Goodeaux- itimate passion romance bring back the excitement in your life -GET YOUR MOJO ON Lorettas New orleans famous for the sweet potato Cookie.
in Self Help
We approach a New Moon Solar Eclipse this week that is one of the best fresh starts and powerful new beginnings we have had in a long while. This is about new horizons opening up in our sex life, reproductive world, with mortality issues, births, divorce, third party situations, our personal power, and all major financial matters. It is partnering with the Light of the Sun and the Love and Grace of Venus to bring favor to our ventures and to help us 'eclipse' out anything that needs to move so that we may enter into this next chapter. Tune in with Zoe Moon to hear how your sign will experience this moment and what you can do for the best opportunities up ahead.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- John Baptist (94 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (45 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (32 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (23 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (17 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (14 chatters)
- DDP Radio (14 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (13 chatters)
- canadianglen (12 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (12 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- Sovereign Gods (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (9 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (8 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- FSF Radio (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (7 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (6 chatters)
- Station IWDM (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- OPWR (6 chatters)
- MSL Rules No BS League Talk Show (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (5 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (5 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (4 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The URC Show (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (3 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (3 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- My Fierce Wings Radio (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (2 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (2 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- YenYang (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (0 chatters)