SORT BY Relevancy
Marcia Southwick joins us to report on the convention held last week covering guardianship. Attendees came from various perspectives and countries.
The convention was sponsored by the BAR Association and the National Guardianship Association, among many other "stakeholders". Both groups, whose activities are diametrically opposed to their stated purposes, had intended the convention to be a huge marketing campaign.
Attending with the intentions of highlighting the real state of guardianship for profit, was Marcia Southwick and Elaine Renoire from NASGA. Many other advocates and activists, many of whom have been directly impacted by predatory, court facilitated guardianships, were also in attendance.
in Self Help
Get on board! Tuanni Price, owner of Zuri Wine Tasting tours and her Zivas, are going to take you on a wine tasting tour and experience! Visit African American, women, and other minority owned vineyards. She also coordinates other events such as Jazz festivals where you can enjoy breakfast and mimosas on the way! Founded in 2010, her company has received numerous positive ratings on Yelp and GoldStar. Nothing but, laughter, love, fun, and good times when you board the Zuri Wine bus!
in Self Help
Taste of South Africa! Who are the trailblazers of Black Owned Wineries in South Africa?
Why are they different than African American owned wineries? We’re discussing the history of wine in South Africa, and why it is just as important to support these wineries as local wineries.
in Self Help
Let’s talk careers. We’re going to take you through a comprehensive guide to a career in the wine industry. Through extensive and continued research, Urban Connoisseurs has found over 40 Black owned wineries and/or winemakers. In this research, we’ve also happened upon many African Americans who have wonderful careers within the wine industry. These include Sommeliers, critics, technicians, etc. We’ve also discovered some have ventured into partnership or ownership business. They may not ever touch a grape, but have discovered the value of ownership in the ever growing industry. Ready to do what you want the way you want? Start living your passion today!
Marcia Southwick will join us from New Mexico.
Join us this evening as we update our listeners on the June E Guinn case that saw a major change thanks to the hard work of Linda Kincaid.
Also, Jimmy Suski was able to make a call to his cousin. He does not know where he is being held but is being abused. Contact info for Minnesota Senators, governor and State AG to demand an investigation of this case.
Listeners are invited to call in with questions or comments.
in Self Help
Shae Frichette is co-owner of Frichette Winery, located in Benton City, Washington. While the majority of black owned wineries are located in California, it is refreshing to see that amongst the growing number of wineries in Washington (2nd to California), we have this beautiful sister making amazing wines. Listen to her story of how she and her husband left corporate America in Southern California and moved to the Pacific Northwest to be closer to, and raise a family.
My King's Service Worldwide Fellowship Network with Arch-Bishop Dr. Marcia Abrams, MDiv, DD, Ph.D., at 7 PM (EST)
My King's Service Pentecostal Church of God with Arch-Bishop Dr. Marcia Abrams, MDiv., DD, Ph.D. at 8:30 AM (EST)
in Self Help
Longevity is the first Urban Winery in the Livermore Valley area. Producing over 10 varietals, they have not only won medals for most of their wines, they have also received high points from Wine Enthusiasts Magazine. They are making phenomenal blends, as well as Spanish wines such as Tempranillo and Mourvedre. Phil Long will share his and his wife and partner, Debra’s journey into the world of wines.
My King's Service Worldwide Fellowship Network with Dr. Marcia Karen Abrams, MDiv, DD, Ph.D. at 7:00 PM (EST) every Wednesday night, Friday night, Saturday night and again on Sunday morning at 8:30 AM (EST)
Join Host Live Chats
- thisisit4321 (46 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (24 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- Curious Times (16 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (13 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (11 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (9 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (9 chatters)
- SSRN (7 chatters)
- United Patriots Radio (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (4 chatters)
- Reach Out America (4 chatters)
- Psychic Reflections From Starcrafts (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution Radio (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (2 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MMAmadhouse Productions (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Inscriber Media Network (1 chatters)
- The Introduction (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Steven Knight Show (1 chatters)