SORT BY Relevancy
Barbara Johnson, Sandra Sermons, and Jane Dunhamn shares stories of their experiences at the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington on August 24th, 2013.
This week, Roundtable with Stephanie Robinson honors the 50 anniversary of the March on Washington. This day conjures nostalgic images of unity, triumph, and hope against a backdrop of violence and national tragedy. Today, as we pause to celebrate the distance we have traveled, we honor those who marched so we could live in a better nation. But we also take this time to reflect on the road ahead. Our guests will assess the state of contemporary race relations while considering a number of timely questions: How is growing up in America today different than 50 years ago? Do we truly live in a "post-racial society" or is such a construct irresponsible given the evolving and more subtle racial realities they obscure? And, most importantly, what collective steps remain for us to turn Dr. King’s rhetorical dream into a reality? It is time to gather at the Roundtable as Stephanie Robinson delivers hot topics, deep talk and a little bit of uplift. Roundtable with Stephanie Robinson...pull up a chair.
The live airing of this episode of Talk to The Nation aired on the eve of August 28 2013, the 50 Anniversary of The March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.
On this episode we focus on the pivotal moments, times, people, and of course that iconic I Have a Dream speech from the man who is forever embedded as the poster image of Civil Rights, Dr Martin Luther King Jr.
The 50 Anniversary of the largest organized and peaceful demand and protest for equal economical, political, and all out equality for Blacks highlights where we started, how far we’ve traveled, and how far we have to go in the ever forward quest for equality for all.
Hear the interviews, view points, and commentary of those that initiated the movements that made a difference. And of course all narrated by the host of Talk To The Nation, Geo.
And on a the sidebar topics:
A South Carolina Restaurant refuses to serve a group of blacks on the eve of the 2013 March on Washinton event.
What does programs like Chicago's Safe Passage for school children say about us as a society?
Robin Thicke and the art of sample jacking.
Miley Cyrus needs to stop acting like a fool.
It's Talk To The Nation in rare form.
March On Washington 1963 - 2013 "What Happened?" This week we will be celebrating the 1963 March on Washington where Dr. Martin Luther King gave his familiar speech. We will be examining the music and conditions of the time and the changes that came out of the momentum of this historic event. We will have veterans of the Viet Nam War sharing their experiences of the times and their thoughts before going to war and their views after returning home. Join us for the journey back to the 60's.
Invigorating speeches by the current and past U.S. Presidents, Oscar winning entertainers, prominent elected officials and dynamic civil rights leaders marked a great celebration of an historic event - The 1963 March On Washington. So, 50 years later, after the march, now what? Journalists share their perceptions of the march and where we really need to go in terms of strategies for significant changes in our society to make it more equitable, just, and peaceful.
The Wealthy Speaker Show is hosting a panel of experts who will share their perspective on the March on Washington, commemorating the 50th Anniversary led by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
On August 28, 1963, The March on Washington focused on Jobs and Freedom. Panelist will share what the March on Washington meant to them and how it parallels America 50 years later.
Have we progressed as a nation or have we not advanced is the question posed to panelist and listeners during this LIVE broadcast.
Dr. Kevin McGruder - Author od the book, 150 Years After Emancipation Proclamation: Are We Really Free?
Ms. Carole Mullins marched with Dr. King
Ms Patricia Weaver filmaker and advocate for seniors
This is going to be an incredible episode of the Wealthy Speaker Show. With the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington just around the corner, these panelist are going to share their perspective, insight and experiences with listeners.
We encourage listeners to tune in, call in and ask questions on our toll-free listener line at: (877) 404-1615 and or join us on the web chat room: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/paullawrencevann
50 years ago today. Americans gathered in our nation's capital to speak as one voice, requesting peace, jobs and justice.
The problems facing Blacks in America had played itself out on streets across America, and finally in one peacefully orchestrated demonstration people headed to Washington DC by the thousands.
The message they carried was
freedom for all,
justice for all
Jobs for all.
By 1963, parts of America had been through turmoil for years, and things were not getting better then, but worse.
Blacks and Whites come together in peace to make their voices heard to people who were holding political seats of power in Washington DC. People were tired of fighting and people had decided giving up was not an option.
Gigi and Aqueenis are at it again. We will tell you about our experience at the March on Washington.
Also we will be talking about teenage love. Everyone had one and with school back in what should you be talking to your teenager about.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- TheThinkingAtheist (106 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (80 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (76 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (53 chatters)
- SHRAonair (45 chatters)
- in5d (28 chatters)
- Omega Man (22 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (20 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (18 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (16 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (15 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (15 chatters)
- Body of Christ (11 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (10 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (10 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (10 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (9 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (9 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (9 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (9 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (8 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (8 chatters)
- K9 Sports Konnection (8 chatters)
- LibertyRules (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (7 chatters)
- EnriquePascal (6 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (6 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (6 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (6 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (6 chatters)
- Objectively Speaking (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (5 chatters)
- Rick Moran (5 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (5 chatters)
- JetNation Radio (5 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- The Real Time Music Network (5 chatters)
- CharHardin (4 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- MaxBoxing Radio (3 chatters)
- Road to Redemption Ministries (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Taboo Fetish Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- Kawakab (3 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (3 chatters)
- The Nitelifer Circle of Sanity (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct Show (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Love Below (2 chatters)
- SWBRA Radio (2 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- Fins Radio (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Become The Source (2 chatters)
- DeMarco Real Talk (2 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (2 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- Ms Cyndi (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- REALCOMBATMEDIA (1 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (1 chatters)
- SHM Radio (1 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (1 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (1 chatters)
- Stone Soup Moving Feast (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Immortals Beyond the Illusion (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (1 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)
- Vernon Moore (1 chatters)
- wayneG (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (0 chatters)