SORT BY Relevancy
Every runner fears hitting the wall as they reach the 20 mile mark in a marathon. They also fear gastric distress if they consume too much or too little energy on the course. Listen as Richard Diaz and Vanessa Runs interview Anthony Almada, an expert in evidence based performance nutrition as he shares some exciting news of a product that has proven to pack energy back into the working muscles without the bloat commonly associated with typical sports drinks and gels and does it in a fraction of the time of other products on the market.
Reno Stirrat and Gary Allen are two of the most remarkable marathon runners in the world. They're members of a small, elite group of runners who have run sub 3:00 marathons in each of the last 5 decades. Beginning in the 70's and all the way through the current day, they've run marathons in the sub 3:00 hour category. It's a fascinating discussion. We'll cover their journey into marathon running, how they've stayed in shape, what it was like when women entered the sport, how they feel about race fields increasing in size and diversity of talents, the 2013 Boston Marathon, the future of America in the sport of marathon running and what it's like to line up in corral #1 for over 35 years. All that plus their reflection on Joan Benoit Samuelson's win at the LA Olympics and much, much more.
Author Dr. Jason Karp is on to talk about his new book, "Running a Marathon for Dummies." It won't matter if you're just getting started or you've been at this a really long time. You'll find useful information in this interview. It's good to challenge your comfort zone and Jason talks about training, equipment, injury prevention and the state of marathon running. His opinion on the sport is edgy, it catches Joe off guard and the two trade opinions with respect to their points of view.
If you've ever wondered if you're running form can improve your performance you'll want to hear from Danny Dreyer. Danny founded Chi Running 12 years ago. Chi Running has been a huge difference maker with runners around the world. You'll learn about the importance of balance, core strength and gravity. Leah Thorvilson, 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier, comes on after Danny to talk about what she saw in the Olympic women's marathon. Leah will also talk about her recent result in a 50 mile race where she clocked the 4th fastest women's time in American history.
You see them at expos and if you talk with them you will be inspired. We visit with three amazing women who pursued their dreams of starting a business around marathon running. They have now built brands that we all recognize. We will interview Christy Baker of Running Skirts, Donna Browning of Sweaty Bands and Maria Millsap of Banana Blossom Press. You'll hear about where their ideas came from to start their business, the challenges of starting their business and what they've learned about marketing.
Marathon Runners, are you confused, injured or simply ill-informed about running shoes? What’s best for you, minimal, zero drop, stability or motion control? Join us as we bring back Dr. Emily Splichal to de-mystify shoe selection for all types of runners.
There is so much marketing hype in the billion dollar shoe industry it is hard to sort the fact from fiction. Dr Emily is a world renowned podiatrist, educator and founder of The Evidence Based Fitness Academy. She has a lot to offer in the way of sound advice for runners, especially those who have been plagued with running injuries. This is a show you don’t want to miss!
The Half Marathon is the most popular running event in the world today. More runners participate in this distance than any other race. Join Richard Diaz as he discusses training for this event with Luke Humphrey, Author of Hansons Half Marathon Method.
Luke is the owner and head coach of the Hanson’s-Brooks Distance Project and 2 times Olympic Trial Qualifier and 5th place finisher at the San Diego Marathon with a time of 2:14:39. Listen as these two coaches share insights and theories on preparing for Americas favorite running distance.
This winter the weather has been challenging. Running in extreme cold weather requires discipline and preparation. Join Richard Diaz and co-host Vanessa Runs as she calls from her igloo as we discuss what to wear and how to prepare for running in the snow.
The east coast has been punished by harsh winter storms and power outages; our co-host Vanessa Runs is calling us direct from her self-made igloo. The topic of running a marathon or ultra-marathon when the weather dips below freezing is our focus for this broadcast. Be sure to tune in… if your power is out, you can catch the show later from our archives.
On the eve of The Boston Marathon, our guest Geoff Smith 2 X Winner reflects on past achievements as a World Class runner and the state of running today. What does The Boston Marathon mean to him, given the tragic attack on America’s most important Marathon?
Geoff Smith was the man to beat at all the major races back in the early 80’s, having been edged out by Rod Dixon at the New York Marathon in 1983 by a mere 8 seconds after leading the race for 26 miles. He won Boston handily in both 1984 and 1985, a true running legend with a lot to share. This is a show you don’t want to miss!
On June 28th, 2014 Larisa Dannis ran the race of her life, placing 2nd overall female in The (grueling) Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run. She was declared the Dark Horse, the unexpected threat to win.
6 years ago she was overweight, out of shape, and feeling very much lost. Today, she says she’s a gal with hopes of qualifying to run in the 2016 Olympic Marathon Trials. Larisa set a personal best at The Boston Marathon this year finishing in 2:44:41, 33rd woman overall and first woman with a non-elite race bib!
Are you an avid runner? If your answer is yes, be sure to tune in to this episode of Hilary Topper On Air. Hilary will interview John Honerkamp, Manager of Runner Products & Services at New York Road Runners - the world's premier community running organization known for its world-class events - including the famed ING New York City Marathon which attract and inspire more than 300,000 runners internationally including 60,000 NYRR members. Listen as Hilary and John discuss running strategies, the NYRR Online Training Program, the Running Boom and much more. You can learn how to train and prepare for the Half-Marathon and Marathon, this event will not disappoint!
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (94 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (67 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (65 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (41 chatters)
- NTEB (38 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (21 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (20 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (20 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (17 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (17 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (17 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (17 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (17 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (15 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (11 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (10 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (9 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (8 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (8 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (7 chatters)
- Chatting with Sherri (7 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (6 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (6 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (5 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (5 chatters)
- American Statesman (5 chatters)
- FSF Radio (5 chatters)
- Talk2Q (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (5 chatters)
- TimBinnall (5 chatters)
- wayneG (4 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- antoinette harrell (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (3 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- BleachBANGSc (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- DocVaj2 (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (0 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (0 chatters)