SORT BY Relevancy
Host, John Allin, welcomes Dale Keep, President of Ice and Snow Technologies out of Walla Walla Washington to the broadcast. Dale worked for the Washington State department of transportation for 26 years before retiring and starting his own consulting/training firm. Dale works with contractors to give them a better understanding of how deicers work and how to use them correctly to reduce application rates while improving customer service. He is internationally recognized as a leading expert in the use of deicing material, including liquids.
Tonight's guest is John Parker of Ice B Gone Magic in Poughkeepsie NY. John was a guest earlier this month but his story is so riveting that we were unable to get throught the entire interview, so he is back tonight for Ice B Gone Magic - Part 2.
John Parker has been involved in the snow management field for over 18 years as a snow contractor and snow management consultant where his emphasis was anti icing and deicing practices incorporating liquids. He has worked throughout the United States, Eastern Europe, Canada, Finland, and South Korea. John is a CSP and has trained contractors and municipalities on winter liquids and how to best use them in their market. He was the first person to treat a stock pile of rock salt in North America which was to be used as an ice melting agent. This simple process which was actually done by accident back in 1996 created a whole new industry that has spread across the country. Currently, John establishes and trains a national network of liquid dealers from New York to Idaho that use, sell, and promote anti icing and deicing methods that are better for our environment and our wallets.
Today, three of the big four salt suppliers offer a treated salt. The popularity and demand for these products grows with every season.
You’re signing work – you’re negotiating pricing – you need to make a profit – but, what factors should you take into consideration as you finish up the process of booking your company’s work for this winter ? Rick Sippola works with snow contractors from all over the country – setting and adhering to budgets, negotiating lines of credit, justifying equipment purchases and establishing parameters for service that will allow for a viable profit. Also – what’s the best avenue to take for putting more equipment into service? Rent it, buy it, keep the old stuff, or outsource the work to Service Providers. Rick’s been there and done that. A CPA and former plow dealer owner – Rick has the experience and background to be an authority on the subject.
Rob Guarino is a recognized weather expert who will share with us his views on changing weather patterns and what the winter has in store for us this year. We will also hear about those “special services” weather experts can give to those fighting snow in North America.
Rob has been awarded the prestigious "National Forecaster of the Year" from the National Weather Association, along with local Emmy and Associated Press Awards in Philadelphia, Albuquerque and New York.
One day Yeh bumped his head and decided to tackle residential snow—with a mobile app. He’s the founder of PlowMe.com, a consumer marketplace for snow and ice management. He also claims to be an average attorney, which average attorneys usually find offensive. Yeh attended Northeastern University in Boston, where we met his wife Julie. They have four boys and an affectionate German Shorthaired Pointer.
Matt Peterson is the owner of Mills Insurance out of New Jersey and is on the Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey's government affairs committee. He is a frequent contributor to Snow Magazine's insurance & risk management column.
Mills Insurance established a plan to reshape the insurance world’s perception of the professional snow removal contractor. Today, behaviors are rapidly changing and professional snow removal contractors are making significant changes to the companies they run in an effort to identify, analyze, control and monitor the operational risks they face.
As a person who is intimately involved in the ISO Certification process, Gretchen will bring her knowledge and expertise to our broadcast to give insights as to what snow contractors can do to expedite the learning and certification process for those seeking ISO-9001 Certification. ISO is internationally recognized as THE best source of getting process and procedures in place so as to benefit the snow contractor, their service offering and customer satisfaction.
Our guest this week will be Attorney Josh Ferguson. Part of Josh’s legal practice is defending snow contractors who are sued by people seeking to gain money from slip and fall incidents. Josh will give insights as to how to protect yourself while out quoting work.
This week, host John Allin welcomes Judy Guido to the broadcast. Together they will discuss how a company (any company) can better position itself. What should a company be looking at internally if they are considering a merger/acquisition as a growth strategy? What should a company be doing if the owner is considering selling the company in the future? How is a company valued? Learn this and more on Managing Snow & Ice with John Allin.
Craig Geller is a partner at Sales Resource Professionals, LLC. Sales Resource Professionals offers sales and marketing outsourcing to manufacturers with a particular focus on snow and ice product manufacturers. Snow and Ice products are a natural transition from his past thirteen years with Pro-Tech Manufacturing and Distribution in roles as both President and VP of Sales and Marketing. Craig was responsible for the sales, distribution and branding of the Sno Pusher brand as well as overseeing the development of the Savik brand containment plows. Prior to Pro-Tech Craig has provided sales, marketing and advisory services as both a partner of Tactical Business Solutions and director of consulting at DKCB. At Cardinal Health a fortune 25 company, Craig served as a regional manager overseeing $700 million dollars of sales for the mid-west and mid-atlantic regions. In what he considers his most important role, he is a dedicated husband of 24 years and has two teenage daughters ages 16 and 14 who provide plenty of learning opportunities about life, changing relationships as well as providing an incredible training environment, on how to relate and provide solutions when perspectives are very different than yours.
Craig is a strong supporter of the snow and ice industry which includes an 8 year term as a SIMA board member from 2001 through 2008.
Host, John Allin, welcomes Mike Betts President of WGS – With a Grain of Salt. Mike started his career in salt with Akzo Nobel for 8 years. Then in April 1998 he was asked to take over a salt facility in Fort Wayn Indiana. He formed With a Grain of Salt in June 1999, which of course is known today as WGS Salt. Over the next 14 years he added terminals in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michaigan and Pennsylvania. This growth has helped WGS to become one of the most respected suppliers to the commercial sector. Mike has developed an outstanding management team that has worked tirelessly to grow the business and develop new ways to move and sell salt. They pride themselves in meeting the needs of the smaller users. Mike is completely passionate about his life in salt and takes great pride in the many ways that WGS adds value to the snow and ice management industry.
Amanda Martin has spent more than 23 years in the industry. She has been at WinnScapes, Inc in Central Ohio for 14 years and is their business manager. Martin has extensive experience in accounting, human resources and customer service, all of which comes in handy in her position with this $4 million company. Amanda has been very active in the Snow and Ice Management Association for the past 13 years and has earned her CSP designation.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (213 chatters)
- John Baptist (123 chatters)
- Websleuths (56 chatters)
- Pastor Paul Begley (55 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (50 chatters)
- NTEB (32 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (19 chatters)
- Straitway (17 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (17 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (16 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (15 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (14 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (11 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (11 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (11 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (9 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (9 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (9 chatters)
- We Built That Network (8 chatters)
- NDB Media (8 chatters)
- Kawakab (8 chatters)
- Chattahoochee Bigfoot (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (7 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Tarvino (7 chatters)
- Starborn Support Radio (7 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- reVerse (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- XWINGER RADIO (6 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (5 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (5 chatters)
- SnotleyFunTyme Radio (5 chatters)
- Arm Wrestling Nation Radio (5 chatters)
- Donny C (5 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (4 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (4 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (4 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (4 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (4 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (3 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (3 chatters)
- Medium David M Baker (3 chatters)
- New Colony Network (3 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (3 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (3 chatters)
- Ask The Cat Doctor Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- BRUE (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- CTR1 (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- Evolving Exotics (2 chatters)
- BITEradio me (2 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (2 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Home School Network (2 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- POZ I AM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Pray 1 4 Another (2 chatters)
- The World of Ideas (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Premo Mondone (1 chatters)
- PrismRadio (1 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (1 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (1 chatters)
- Bigfoot Tonight Show (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- AwakeningYourSoul w Diahanna (1 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Fli Music Radio (1 chatters)
- Fox Valley Kubb Radio (1 chatters)
- Hip Hop National Radio (1 chatters)
- ISTA Network (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Endless Encouragement (1 chatters)