SORT BY Relevancy
In December 1953, a little more than a year after he was paroled from prison, Malcolm was named the minister at the NOI's Boston mosque, Temple No. 11. The following year he also became the minister at Temple No. 12 (Philadelphia) and Temple No. 7 (New York).
Muhammad Speaks, the NOI newspaper, was founded by Malcolm in 1957.
Beginning in the 1960s, Malcolm was invited to participate in numerous debates, including forums on radio stations (Los Angeles, New York, Washington), television programs ("Open Mind," "The Mike Wallace News Program") and universities (Harvard Law School, Howard University, Columbia University).
In 1963, the New York Times reported that Malcolm X was the second most sought after speaker in the United States.
On June 29, 1963 Malcolm lead the Unity Rally in Harlem. It was one of the nations largest civil rights events.
After befriending and ministering to boxer Cassius Clay, the boxer decides to convert to the Muslim religion and join the Nation of Islam. In February 1964, Clay announces he has changed his name to Muhammad Ali.
In March 1964, after his split with the NOI, Malcolm forms the Muslim Mosque, Inc. Several months later, he also organizes the Organizations of Afro-American Unity (OAAU).
Malcolm's autobiography, which he worked on for two years with writer Alex Haley, was published in November 1965.
Welcome to Life in the Black Lane with host Fran Jones
Tonight we celebrate one of Black America's greatest Statesman, known to us all as Malcolm X.
Special Guest: Lee Robinson, President of African Awareness Association, and King Salim Khalfani , Excecutive Director of Virginia State Conference NAACP.
What do you know or remember? Share your experiences with us. 213 769-0900.
TUNE INTO CIVIL ALERT FOR A RARE INTERVIEW FROM 1958 WITH Paul Robeson and the 1963 Speech that Malcolm X gave regarding the Grass Roots Movment.
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, May 16th, 8pm-11pm EST with guests, Abayomi Azikiwe Editor of The Pan-African Newswire, Etta Espy of The Detroit Natural Hair Meet-Up, 1st hour - Etta Espy of The Detroit Natural Hair Meetup will talk about their event coming up on Saturday, May 18, 3pm-8pm at The Artist Village in Detroit, 17340 Lahser Rd, $8 Adm. 2nd hour - We'll play some clips of the lecture that Prof. Kaba Kamene (aka Booker T. Coleman) and Michael Imhotep did in Detroit, Sat. May 11th. Order your copy today, Item #701 at www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com. In our 3rd hour Abayomi Azikiwe, Editor of the Pan-African Newswire will discuss the death of Malcolm X's Grandson and Malcolm X's 88th Birthday. We'll also talk about other current topics. Listen to the show at www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com or http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow or by phone, when we are LIVE at (914) 338-1375. Episodes are also archived on www.Itunes.com.
in Self Help
Malcolm X’s life changed dramatically in the first six months of 1964. On March 8, he left the Nation of Islam. In May he toured West Africa and made a pilgrimage to Mecca, returning as El Hajj Malik El-Shabazz. While in Ghana in May, he decided to form the Organization of Afro-American Unity (OAAU). Malcolm returned to New York the following month to create the OAAU and on June 28 gave his first public address on behalf of the new organization at the Audubon Ballroom in Harlem.
There will be an open discussion after the Unity Rally Speech in Harlem by Malcolm X here on MOR RADIO with the 2 Great Pillars of our Community, Dr. Leonard Jeffries Jr. and Professor James Small.
WHO WAS MALCOLM X? WHY IS HE STILL SO INFLUENTIAL IN SOCIETY TODAY? HOW DID HE REALLY BECOME SO ICONIC? DID MALCOLM X SELL OUT TO THE BEAST? WHY DID HE REALLY GO AGAINST HIS TEACHER THE HON ELIJAH MUHAMMAD? DID THE NATION OF ISLAM REALLY KILL MALCOLM X? WHAT DOES MACOLM X MEAN TO THE FUTURE GENERATIONS OF BLACK PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD? FIND OUT THE ANSWERS TO ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS AS THE INTELLECTUAL NUBEN MENKARAYZZ SPEAKS ON THIS TOPIC IN GREAT DETAIL TONIGHT ON STATE OF M
May 19th, Baba Omowale fka Malcolm X, was born today, many many years ago. Yet his words are still as true today as they were when he 1st spoke them, and the attempts at his character assassination are as real today as they were when he was alive.
We will address a lot related to OUR GREAK BLACK SHINING PRINCE today
This show is about the truth about the relationship of Minister Farrakhan and Malcolm X. How did the relationship start and the middle and the ending. 3 Star General Daniel and Walter Muhammad will be giving the details, teaching the absloute truth!
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (125 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (66 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (51 chatters)
- NTEB (47 chatters)
- Ms Blue (41 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (34 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (18 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (18 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- FirstandLast (15 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (14 chatters)
- Geek Pile (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- New Colony Network (11 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (11 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (10 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (10 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (10 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- The RCWR Show with Lee Sanders (6 chatters)
- torihartman (6 chatters)
- The NY Hip Hop Report (5 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (5 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- VOC Nation Radio Network (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (3 chatters)
- amyalkon (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- kexelproductions (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (3 chatters)
- ParaNation (3 chatters)
- AMUN RA (2 chatters)
- High Vibrations on Low Frequencies (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (2 chatters)
- TiDo Witnesses (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Rum Radio (1 chatters)
- Seamheads (1 chatters)
- SLYKRadio (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Suzanne Toro (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- David Fournier (1 chatters)
- Dr Marriah Star (1 chatters)
- KennethLocklin (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Plumluvfoods (1 chatters)
- MASTER GRIOT NBBTA RADIO (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- The Kingdom of God or Nothing (0 chatters)