SORT BY Relevancy
Join us on Tuesday, June 17 at noon Eastern when the next broadcast of Studio SPJ will feature two of the people who've assembled the programs for our upcoming Excellence in Journalism Conference on Sept. 4-6 in Nashville.
Amy Tardif, station and news manager for WGCU in Fort Myers, Florida and Scott Leadingham, SPJ's director of education and the editor of Quill Magazine, will give us a preview of what's in store for this year's convention, which takes place at Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center.
This year's convention is another collaboration between the Radio Television Digital News Association and the Society of Professional Journalists.
Click here for more information on the conference.
Join us on Wednesday, Sept. 18 when our guest on Studio SPJ will be Mark Segal, founder and publisher of the Philadelphia Gay News. Segal is one of the founders and former president of the National Gay Press Association and the National Gay Newspaper Guild. He founded PGN in 1975, making it one of the oldest gay newspapers in the United States. He also has covered gay life from place like Leban
Join us on Saturday Aug. 10 at 2 p.m. Eastern noon / Mountain time when our guest on Studio SPJ will be M. E. Sprengelmeyer, reporter and publisher of the Guadalupe County Communicator.
Before purchasing the weekly paper in New Mexico in 2009, Sprengelmeyer worked at the Rocky Mountain News, where he served in the paper's Washington bureau.
He had covered the Iraq War and the 2008 Presidential campaign for the Rocky. But when the paper folded in February 2009, Sprengelmeyer decided to take a new direction as the owner of a small community paper with a circulation of about 2,000.
Earlier this year, he served as a speaker at SPJ's Region 9 Conference in Santa Fe.
In this half-hour program, he will talk with Rio Grande SPJ chapter member Laura Paskus about his experience and his belief that "the future of print is print."
This program is co-sponsored by SPJ's Rio Grande chapter.
Join guest host and national membership committee chair Holly Edgell who will be talking with SPJ President John Ensslin about the possibility of reviving the Society's institutional membership for news organizations. AND, David Sheets, president of the St. Louis Pro Chapter and Freelance Committee member, will also be on the show.
Join us on Friday, Oct. 4 at 1 p.m. Eastern / 10 a.m. Pacific when our guest on Studio SPJ will be journalist and author Seth Rosenfeld. Rosenfeld, a former reporter of the San Francisco Chronicle and San Francisco Examiner, is the author of "Subversives, the FBI's War on Student Radicals and Reagan's Rise to Power." He also is the winner of SPJ's Sunshine Award this year and a past winner (2003) of the SDX Foundation's Eugene S. Pulliam First Amendment
Join us on Saturday, Nov. 16 at 2 p.m. Eastern when our next episode of Studio SPJ will feature a discussion of whether the Society of Professional Journalists should change its name. This issue came up during our national convention in Anaheim when some delegates proposed changing the name to Society for Professional Journalism. SPJ National President Dave Cuillier has appointed a task force to study the issues. Two members of that task force, Region 2 Director Andy Schotz and Region 3 Direct
Join us at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, April 2 when we'll discuss the upcoming Region 1 Spring Conference scheduled for April 25-26 at Boston University.
Our guests will be two of the organizers of the event, Jeff Cutler and Michael Fitzgerald.
We'll talk about some of the programs they've lined up as well as other nearby attractions that conference-goers can take in that weekend.
Click here for more information on the conference.
Wisconsin television anchor/reporter Jennifer Livingston made headlines of her own in October went she responded on air to a viewer who criticized her as being overweight. The incident sparked a national discussion about obesity, self-esteem and bullying. It also put Livingston in the unusual position of being part of the news rather than the person reporting it. Now that a few months have passed, Livington has agreed to be our guest on Studio SPJ. The half-hour conversation, hosted by the Milwaukee chapter of SPJ, will air live on Jan. 3 at 1 p.m. Eastern. A graduate of Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa, Livingston started in 1997 as a general assignment reporter for WKBT in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. The viewer sent an email to Livingston telling her to "reconsider your responsibility as a local public personality to present and promote a healthy lifestyle." Livingston responded with a 4-minute on-air segment in which she acknowledged being overweight but said the viewer's words were cruel. She went on to say: "To all the children out there who feel lost, who are struggling with your weight, your sexual preference, your disability, even the acne on your face, listen to me right now: do not let your self-worth be defined by bullies." A YouTube clip of Livingston's remarks has drawn more than 10.5 million views. The incident also lead to Livingston making an appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres show.
Join us on Monday, Aug. 26 at 11 a.m. Eastern / 8 a.m. Pacific as we wrap up our live coverage of Excellence in Journalism 2013 with a conversation with two up and coming SPJ leaders. Our guests will be Dana Neuts, a candidate for SPJ President-elect and Paul Fletcher, a candidate for SPJ Secretary-Treasurer. Both are running unopposed. We'l talk about the state of the society and what they hope to accomplish as members of the executive committee. Neuts has been a freelance journalist sinc
The Wendigo - what is it? Is it a whimsical creature? A spiritual entity? A monster of the woods? On this episode we'll talk to a local Maine resident who has an experience that challenges one to question, "could it possibly be a wendigo?"
ZeroLux Paranormal is a weekly, Maine Based, Paranormal Reality Television show and we're well on our way to filming our 4th season! Our popular web series has its own website at www.zeroluxparanormal.com and can also be viewed on YouTube at www.youtube.com/zeroluxparanormal .
Join us on BlogTalkRadio at 7:00 pm to learn what we have to say about our past experiences, present focus points, and our future goals.
If you're involved with paranormal investigations, ghost hunting, UFO or BigFoot Hunting, and would like to be a guest of ZeroLux Radio please e-mail us at
And, of course, check out our radio show archives at the Maine Ghost Hunters Media site.
Join us for the third in a series of live broadcasts from the Excellence in Journalism 2013 conference in Anaheim, Ca. on Sunday, Aug. 25 at 3:30 p.m. Pacific / 6:30 p.m. Eastern. Our guests will be Linda Petersen, chair of the SPJ Ethics committee and Deidre Woollard, a community editor with Realtor.com. Petersen will talk about the reaction to a recent study her committee conducted on the relationship between reporters covering federal agencies and the public information officers who r
Join us for the next installment of Studio SPJ live from the Excellence in Journalism Conference on Saturday, Aug. 24 at 6:30 p.m / 3:30 Pacific. Our guests will be Kevin Smith, chairman of the SPJ Ethics Committee and Robert Leger, president of the SDX Board. Smith, a former SPJ president, will talk about whether the SPJ Ethics Code needs to be updated for an age in which journalism has gone digital. The topic is scheduled to be discussed during the EIJ Conference. Leger, also a former SPJ pr
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- The Sedona Connection (441 chatters)
- John Baptist (104 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (34 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (31 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (24 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Hex Education (19 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (18 chatters)
- canadianglen (16 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (16 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (14 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (14 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (13 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (13 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (12 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (12 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (11 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (9 chatters)
- 12kyle (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (8 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Dave in the City (7 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- Americas Most Haunted (6 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (6 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (6 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Quagmire America (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- The Stack Off (5 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (4 chatters)
- illblogradio (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (3 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (3 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- Wicce Women (2 chatters)
- Wicked Space Radio (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- The Elite Fiction Network (2 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (2 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (1 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Love Productions (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- The Dr Kim Show (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (0 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (0 chatters)