SORT BY Relevancy
Legendary vocalist Gloria Lynne was born Gloria Alleyne November 23, in New York City, Gloria Lynne is an American vocalist on several rhythm and blues hits in the 1950s and 1960s. Lynne grew up in Harlem and won first prize at the "Amateur Night" at the Apollo Theater. She recorded as part of groups The Enchanters and The Dell-Tones in the 1950s. She recorded a a soloist under her birth name, though most of her work was released under her stage name on the Everest Records and Fontana Records labels.
In the 1960s, she had several hits including "June Night," "Love I Found You," and "I Wish You Love" (1964), which became her signature song. Lynne then toured with Ray Charles, Billy Eckstine and Ella Fitzgerald.
Lynne moved into jazz in her later career and performed with many of the jazz greats, including Quincy Jones, Bobby Timmons, Philly Joe Jones, and Harry "Sweets" Edison.
She was given a Pioneer Award by the Rhythm and Blues Foundation in 1997.
We have a "SPOOKTACULAR" Show today with our Special Guest, Carla Lynne Hall. Hear about the history of Halloween, the traditions, the superstitions and so much more. You will no doubt "ENJOYCE" this show which includes much to laugh about and use to make your Halloween merry and memorable.
in Self Help
Acquire new sexual insights and embrace your sensuality. Join actor and producer Beverly Lynne and Sextrologer Ron Ash for an erotic journey of enlightenment. Listen in as they discuss love, sex and relationships. Chat or call in live with your questions or share your erotic confessions and sexual fantasies on Late Night Love with “The Queen of Late Night TV” Beverly Lynne.
in Self Help
Brain States and the Psychology of DreamsWhen we are asleep, parts of the brain that govern our waking life shut down, but many other parts of the brain remain switched on. One brain region very active when we are dreaming is called the visual association cortex, which is located at the rear of the head. It makes meaning out of what we see, and engages the brain’s emotional centers, which is why dreams are often laden with emotion.
In a new book called “Dream to Freedom,” authors Robert and Lynne Hoss describe the many processes occurring in the dreaming brain, and how they relate to the unconscious mind. Dreams often involve distorted versions of waking events and behaviors, and can represent an attempt by the brain to resolve these dilemmas emotionally. Robert Hoss is the president of DreamScience foundation, and one of the world’s foremost authorities on dreamwork and Gestalt psychology. Lynne Hoss is a psychotherapist.
Dr. Carol Francis, Psychologist, Marriage, Family & Child Therapist and Hypnotherapist in Los Angeles Beach Cities Area.
In the book the authors show that understanding our dreams does not necessarily decrease negative emotion. They present a new psychological protocol called “Dream to Freedom” based on EFT or Emotional Freedom Techniques, an “evidence-based” therapy method. The Dream to Freedom technique is designed to reduce the emotional stress that can accompany dreams by combining EFT with Gestalt dreamwork. EFT has been validated in many studies of anxiety and other mood disorders. The authors present many case histories, in which the Dream to Freedom technique has allowed dreamers to resolve the emotional dilemmas presented by their dreams, as well as facilitate lucid dreaming and stop recurring nightmares.
This episode we are joined by Ralph Poynter, husband of Lynne Stewart. Lynne Stewart is an attorney and social justice champion who has been persecuted and unjustly imprisoned by the United States government where she is currently languishing with stage four cancer. Tune in to this show to find out why Lynne was imprisoned and what you can do to help bring about her compassionate release from prison.
Lynne Cox has held open-water swimming records all over the world, for among others, the fastest crossing of the English Channel (at age 15), the Santa Catalina Channel, the twelve-mile Oresund between Denmark and Sweden, and the Kattegut between Norway to Sweden. Cox was the first woman to swim across the Cook Strait in New Zealand, the first to swim across the Strait of Magellan, the Beagle Channel between Argentina and Chile, Lake Baikal in Russia, and around the Cape of Good Hope. In her latest book, OPEN WATER SWIMMING MANUAL, she provides "an expert's survival guide for triathletes and open water swimmers." She joins us on this episode of The Fitness Buff Show.
Join Host Live Chats
- Curious Times (34 chatters)
- Ms Blue (33 chatters)
- ankhkakek (18 chatters)
- Love Productions (15 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (15 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (14 chatters)
- GraveYard Radio (13 chatters)
- drdeath26 (12 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (12 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (11 chatters)
- Puerto Rico Reptiles Radio (10 chatters)
- Vince in the Bay (9 chatters)
- torihartman (9 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (9 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (6 chatters)
- MOUNTAIN CHILD (6 chatters)
- NOCTURNAL FREQUENCY RADIO (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (3 chatters)
- DiggerDan (3 chatters)
- Geek Pile (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- The LADY JAZ LIVE Show (3 chatters)
- TaylorPhillips (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Blues Unchained (2 chatters)
- chocmami (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- thedean (2 chatters)
- VOC Nation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Walkersvillemom (1 chatters)
- Warn paranormal radio (1 chatters)
- Undiscovered RealNess (1 chatters)
- Country Music DJ (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Foundation1 OF RASTAFARI (1 chatters)
- FRANCY AND FRIENDS (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay Rex Music live Talk (1 chatters)
- The Motor Mouth Mosley Radio Show (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (1 chatters)
- Ski And Critical (1 chatters)