SORT BY Relevancy
October was formally known as Lupus Awareness month, however in recent years Lupus awareness has been moved to the month of May in an effort to incorporate it with others events and to increase attention and fundraising to support Lupus awareness. Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body). Chronic means that the signs and symptoms tend to last longer than six weeks and often for many years.
In lupus, something goes wrong with your immune system, which is the part of the body that fights off viruses, bacteria, and germs. Lupus is a disease of flares where symptoms worsen and you feel ill or go into remissions where the symptoms improve.
Join Nakikia "MSKeepItMoving" on The Keep It Moving Blog Talk Radio Show with special guests Certified Health and Wellness Coach and T-shirt cut designer, Mattie Copeland and international bestselling author of His Purpose My Praise and co-creator of Organized Obstacles, Angel Barrino. Listen as they share their experiences living with Lupus and how they fight to stay healthy.
Keva Brooks Napper is a native of Greensboro, North Carolina. She graduated from North Carolina Central University and served as an educator in Guilford County and Winston Salem Forsyth County Schools. Keva founded Beautiful Butterflies, Inc. in 2011 and serves as its executive director.
Diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in 2003, she suffered several grand mal seizures and had 2 blood clots on the brain, causing a stroke, in 2004 with a miraculous recovery. Throughout the years, she has had many obstacles to overcome. With God’s grace, a loving family and supportive friends, she has been able to overcome them, one day at a time.
Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body). An estimated, 1.5 million Americans have lupus.
Special Guest: Annette Myarick is the CEO for the Lupus Foundation of America’s (LFA) Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter. Prior to joining the LFA in 1991, she was with the Arthritis Foundation’s Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter for 14 years, most recently as the Vice President for Public Health Strategies. Annette has a Bachelor’s degree in Community Health Education from Temple University.
Special Guest: Leyla Moreno is a native of Panama. Leyla was recognized in 2008 and 2009 by Impacto Latin Newspaper and the Philadelphia Multicultural Congress as one of the ten Most Influential Latino Leaders under 40. She graduated (cum laude) with a degree in Political Science and Latin American Studies from Temple University. Leyla is a board member of the Lupus Foundation of America’s (LFA) Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter.
Special Guest: Tabitha Borrero is 35 years old, lives in New Jersey and was diagnosed with lupus in 2002. Since her diagnosis, Tabitha has been a warrior and champion for the cause. Her candid approach at living with lupus, exemplifies the daily struggles and emotional distress the disease can cause. But, more importantly, she shares the joy and daily accomplishments of living life with lupus. The energy Tabitha brings to being a lupus warrior, reminds us that the battle is never over. She reminds us that we are warriors and warriors don’t quit.
Join the Literary Ladies of the ATL as we interview our literary sister, authoress K.S. Oliver. In honor of Lupus Awareness Month, K.S. explains to us what it is like to live with Lupus. This episode is meant to inspire and educate our community about an illness that many suffer from yet many know so little about. Don't miss this opportunity to educate yourself because you just may know someone with Lupus.
The BlaqHour is finally back on the airwaves via Blogtalkradio just in time for Lupus Awareness Month (May). Authoress K.S Oliver will be on talking about her personal journey with Lupus since being diagnosed in 2010. Determined not to be defeated by any illness, she went on a crusade to inform other about this disease. While waiting to receive news on her medical diagnosis, she began to pen what would be her first book, “Still Standing”
She didn’t stop with just one book, she went on to release two more. Books. “Flatlined” and “Through Our eyes” which is the personal testimony of her two young son’s having a supermom who is battling lupus.
In addition to Having K.S. Oliver on the show, we will be having Natural Nappy Girl on to Present The BlaqHealth Report©.
You don’t want to miss the Powerful Testimony of K.S Oliver and how she used a diagnosis as ammunition to raise awareness for an illness that many are not educated properly on. For more information on K.S Oliver, check out her website: www.authoressksoliver.com.
You can also learn more about a clean eating lifestyle from Natural Nappy Girl or inquire about your own personal vegan coach at: www.goveganeasy.com.
And you don't want to miss out on The Ratchet Report with BlaqKharma! It’s all going down on Wedensday, May 121st. You don’t want to miss this.
The BlaqHour© is a subsidary of Kharma’s World©
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (68 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (24 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (23 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (21 chatters)
- Odwirafo (18 chatters)
- Curious Times (16 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (16 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (15 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- R3belutionRadioShow (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (12 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (10 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (10 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (9 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (8 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (7 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (7 chatters)
- FCPT Tim Maile (6 chatters)
- AACONS (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- in5d (6 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (4 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (4 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Quagmire America (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (3 chatters)
- David Coney (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- nwo truth radio media (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (2 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (2 chatters)
- drinkfive (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (2 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- TJ Morris Treasure Show (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)