SORT BY Relevancy
If you are not acquainted with the genius and the greatness of Mary Lou Williams, please let us introduce you to one of the most amazing figures in Jazz history. Pianist, Arranger and Composer, Mary Lou was beloved by MANY - including Duke Ellington. He couldn't say enough about her style and the person behind it. Ms. Williams wrote hundreds of compositions, arranged for the prestigious male bandleaders of her day (remember those times - a WOMAN arranging? A WOMAN having that kind of influence?!) and was both friend and mentor to Monk, Miles, Parker and Gillespie.
Known as "The Little Piano Girl of East Liberty" (Pittsburgh), Mary Lou was self-taught and performed in public for the first time at age six. Her confidence never wavered through the years and she came to the attention of those who appreciated her strong skills and positive personality. One that landed on WNEW in New York City - as a broadcaster with a popular show.
So MUCH to say about Mary Lou - and no one can say it better than CAROL BASH. She is the director and producer of "Mary Lou Williams: The Lady Who Swings The Band." This noble endeavor is an IndieGoGo project that is looking to fulfill its mission by October 28th! There are important movers and shakers involved in this film who LOVE Jazz and LOVE the subject of this labor of love. You'd recognize the names - and we'll drop them when Carol visits on 10/21 at one p.m. Eastern time.
You'll hear about the musican and spiritual evolution of Mary Lou - she converted to Roman Catholicism later in life - and it colored her world in a way that surprised even herself. Maybe inspired by that journey, she said: "Jazz is love - you have to lay into it and let it flow." Join us in The Chat Room on 10/21!
The person who posted is a very dear old friend. We don't see each other but we keep in contact through Facebook. I like reading his posts to keep up with him. It makes me feel good to know he is happy. Always an interesting perspective on everyday issues.
After some time away, Captain Lou and Matt are back and we have plenty to talk about. We will give you our Power Top Tens in the NFL, the highs and lows of the NFL and NCAA, plus what is going on with the MLB playoffs as well as our opinions on what is going on in Ann Arbor. Call in at 661-554-9193 at 10pm ET. Are you ready for a rant tonight? Here it comes.
It's Veteran's Day in Key West! How we celebrated this year and a few comments on the Vietnam War. Princeton University says we are no longer a democracy. We are run by rich people and politicians. Putin on top again and a time bomb in Ferguson. Always an interesting perspective on everyday issues.Always an interesting perspective on everyday issues.
Tonight I share my thoughts on the Election. Also for the first time the United Nations is critical of the US.Other topics: Japan experiencing a wave of celibacy among the young? unwanted military equipment, Syrian Hash, and the unrest at the Catholic Church. Always an interesting perspective on everyday issue.
A week from now is National Mental Health Wellness Week. In light of that and actor/comedian Wayne Brady opening up about his battle with depression which lead to a complete breakdown, psychologist, Dr. Trevicia Williams will talk about the topic including myths and the associated stigma. Entertainment Tonight interviewed Wayne and he's deserves respect and support for being courageous enough to talk about it. Hopefully more men will open up about the subject so that tragedies like Robin Williams' suicide can be prevented.
One of the reasons for depression is the stress associated with trying to live up to the expectations of others and foregoing personal priorities like taking care of self. Dr. Williams' guest, Patti Cuevas of Plexus, will talk about ways people can have more flexibility in their schedule so that they will have more time to take care of self and spend more time with important folk in their lives.
Tonight I start with ISIS. Are the youth joining for the promise of sex? Also, another war on drugs we are losing...this time Afganistan.On the GMO front. China says no more! What are the effects? Plenty....And why is rape so under prosecuted? Is it money? Also a few words on Janet Yellon and a few other thoughts to ponder. Always an interesting perspective on everyday issues.
During this broadcast, Dr. Trevicia Williams continues to talk about mental health in light of National Mental Health Wellness week. Today, she will talk lessons from Amanda Bynes: When Celebrity Mental Health Turns, mental health through the lens of wome, stigmas associated with taking medication and how people can help themselves and loved ones who are experiencing problems.
Dr. Williams' guest is Judith Marie Rudderham. You'll get to know more about her and discover a health and wellness business that helps you achieve balance, success and create space in your life for self matters.
Join Host Live Chats
- Pro Wrestling Torch (37 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (28 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (12 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (11 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (11 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (10 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (9 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (7 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (6 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (6 chatters)
- TonyBrunoShow (6 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (6 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (4 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Restore The Republic Show (3 chatters)
- The Souls Intent (3 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (3 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (3 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (2 chatters)
- Ask a PI (2 chatters)
- Baltimore Business Network (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- practice what u preach network (1 chatters)
- Boston Sports Hack (1 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)