SORT BY Relevancy
There are very distinct, yet overlapping, phases of grief. We go through the stages in various orders and in varying degrees on the road to recovering from any loss. If we lose a jacket at the ballpark, we may go through all the stages in a few minutes. If the jacket was one that was given to us by our brother on our birthday, it may take much more time.
If the animal was a family pet and stayed outside, it may not hit us as hard as if he were our own companion and greeted us each night when we came in the door. If your pet was a companion and best friend, the mourning will be a deep one.
1. Shock/Denial/Numbness. We can not believe this has happened to us. Our body and emotions numb themselves against the pain. The mind denies the loss. Often we will say things like "This can't be true." One of the valid reasos for memorials and funerals is to acknowledge that death did take place.
2. Fear/AngerDepression. After the numbness wears off and we are once again able to feel, then all of our repressed feelings come roaring back. Sometimes these feeling ared not rational at first and can seedk someone to blame, either an outsider or ourselves. "I can't share how sad I am about my dog, because my co-workers will think I am crazy." "But, on the other hand, I inquire about their child's cold and buy their stupid Girl Scout cookies to support them. It isn't fair!" "Oh God, please don't let me start crying at work again. I heard someone call me a drama queen and say; It's only a dog, not a child."
3. Understanding/Acceptance/Moving on.
4. New Hurts May Trigger Old Wounds.
in Self Help
Today will begin a series of conversations about the topic "facing the death of a loved one".
There is a lot to understand about end of life experiences and the difference between living and dying.
What is the difference between the grief of the living and the dying.
When should hospice be called?
We start today with "When we face the final stage of a disease process
in Self Help
Grief & Disease Done Different - Wendy Mulder & Liam Phillips .
We both have experienced Grief and Disease in our own separate ways . Today we will be chatting together about our 3 day telecall which is coming up on the 16th/ 17th/ 18th July. Liam and I have books written about these topics and would love to share with you our combimed knowledge and gifts we have recieved, from the questions and choices we have made.
Send any questions beforehand to either:
Wendy Mulder at firstname.lastname@example.org or liam Phillips at email@example.com
Hugs & gratitude Liam and Wendy
In July Wendy and Liam have a telecall series to give the tools and processes to unlocking disease and grief in a totally different way, click HERE
Are you living in fear,?should you have any fear at this time? Should you have any fear at any time? Dr. La-Renda Jones, Beneath the Grief Ministries will talk about the subject of "Fear" This will be a series so....if you miss it then it will be recorded. Guess what? There is a "fear that we should HAVE....You will find out...stay tuned.
in Self Help
Are you dreading the holiday season? Are you overcome with emotions just thinking about it? Allow Grief & Loss Coach La Russia Cain, CPC, to teach you how to overcome the holiday bluh.
La Russia Cain is the Founder & CEO of You Are Not Alone. You Are Not Alone provides grief & loss consulting, coaching, facilitation, and training to individuals and organizations worldwide. For more information about You Are Not Alone please visit our website www.urnotalone05.org
in Self Help
Are you living out your own dreams viacariously through your child or children? Join the coaching crew from WNY Life Coaching Center as they discuss how to better relate to your child. Your host, Life Coach Shawn Marie Cichowksi will give you clear tips for concsious parenting. wnylifecoaching.com 716-560-6552
Today's episode is a continuation on a topic that has been on the discussion table that I felt compelled to bring forth so that people from all walks of life can finally gain closure and begin the healing process.
The last time, we heard and learned that grief caused by traumatic experiences affects us in some form of fashion.
But what about the children?
How does traumatic experiences affect children all over the world?
How do they feel? How do they cope with these situations?
What goes on in their mind?
Today, I welcome young adults, teens (with parent permission), to call in and share how they feel when bad things happen to them, and just maybe it can shine some light on how us, adults,can grab a hold to our issues
This episode is being rebroadcast from Michele's original show, "Your Life After Trauma."
Traumatic grief is one of the most difficult aspects of post-trauma life. Survivors grieve their lost selves, the inaction, the changes trauma has brought, the others who may have been hurt at the same time, etc. An inability to overcome traumatic grief can drastically impede recovery, which makes learning how to transform it so very important.
In this episode of ‘Your Life After Trauma’ Courtney Armstrong, Anxiety, Trauma and Grief Counselor, tells us about her special approach to ‘Transforming Traumatic Grief’.
For more healing information visit, HealMyPTSD.com.
Flavor Living Radio visit Better Living Home And Garden Show Tune-In to hear us speak with Jim Cantrell of Lifetime Stainless Steel Cookware, Pamela Jenkins of Vitamix,David Cook of Click It Hot, Oscar Farley for Diamond International Resort and David Stewart Cutco...New innovations, home comforts travel. How can you go wrong with so much to feel your everyday life...On the Flavor
Host Emma Boa-Durgammah is blessed to welcome this series’ Guest Co-Host, Diane Doumas, a Christ Follower and Kingdom Worker first. In this episode we will explore if Kingdom Work for Christ can happen through grief and how Jesus approaches this.
God is currently positioning Diane as His Light and Representative in her capacity as an accomplished elder services professional and thought leader with an extensive track record of innovative management.
Her expertise includes successful management of several Sunrise Senior Living communities; senior management consultant with Vantage Advisory Group; collaboration with health care professionals, social workers, regulatory agencies, and other senior services providers; leadership coaching and mentoring; development and delivery of sales and marketing strategies with senior living technology firm WellAware Systems; elder services consulting and blogging as a Certified Senior Advisor. For several years she was licensed by the Virginia Board of Health Professions as an assisted living administrator.
Most notably, Diane describes herself as a very imperfect child of God who is blessed to be a wife of 32 years this October to a wonderful husband and mother of 3 terrific sons, all in their 20s.
Host, Emma Boa-Durgammah would love to hear from you through email after the show firstname.lastname@example.org. More on Emma can be found at www.kingdomworkforChrist.com or www.facebook.com/kingdomworkerforChrist. A very special thanks to Rooted Deep for their song Give Him Praise, our opening song! Check them out at www.rootedeepmusic.com.
in Self Help
Most people define nurturing as self care . What if that is just the start? When there is loss, there are also new possibilities for creating something different . Something beyond what you knew was possible before your life changed . What if grief could be a catalyst for new choices that create even more for you and your life ? Join me as I interview Lisa Murray, Founder of Creativity Lab about ways we can begin to nuture a new life into being . What is it that your grief is contributing to you? Lets find out! and have some fun with Lisa .
A little about Lisa
Today I've invited Lisa Murray from Creativity lab to join me in an exploration of the contribution that grief can be to our life if we will allow it . What could be different if you would nuture new possibilities into place with ease? Grief often comes from loss. Lisa lost much of her old life within a very short time, including her job, her house, her dog , and her relationship.as she states " She didn't quite lose her mind but it was close ". Lisa plays with people to nuture ideas into reality. She offers events and online adventures which invite you to create your life from a kinder, gentler space . How did we get so lucky to have the Gift that Lisa is in the world !
You can find Lisa Murray at www.CreativityLab.tv
Any Questions please feel free to email me at email@example.com
in Self Help
Grieving Insomanics is a show about grief, how it happened, when it happened, and how it really feels to grieve. No platitudes here. Honest conversations about how our experiences changed us. After a few months friends and family don't want to hear your story again. Share it with us. Share it with us as often as you want. We are hear to listen, to share, and to support each other on our paths to understanding. In one moment your world was destroyed. How do you re-build? How has grief affected your world? Come tell us about it. We can help each other through it.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (100 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (62 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (32 chatters)
- The Portal - Dorothy (31 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- AJC Radio (15 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (13 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (13 chatters)
- Witch School (10 chatters)
- Fins Radio (9 chatters)
- Ron March Show (7 chatters)
- American Statesman (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio (4 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (4 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- America Matters show (3 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (3 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (3 chatters)
- MySkinIsMySin (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Race Fans Rock Radio Show (2 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (1 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (1 chatters)
- Cyril Quinn (1 chatters)
- ARC Studies (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Love Unlimited Coaching (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (0 chatters)