SORT BY Relevancy
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Hearing the words "you have breast cancer" results in a life-altering journey that ripples into every area of a survivor's life. Lockey Maisonneuve is using the lessons she learned during her own battle to teach others about life-enriching strategies. Lockey Maisonneuve is a Stage 3 cancer survivor. Prior to her battle with cancer, Lockey was an enthusiastic and driven personal trainer. In 2006, Lockey endured an 18-month battle with breast cancer. Along with a regimen of chemotherapy, surgical procedures were also included. Once she completed her treatment and recovery period, Lockey realized that many survivors did not know how to make themselves whole in body and spirit. The value of physical activity and exercise were sorely lacking in her recovery protocol. It was then that Lockey decided to do something about it. Upon completion of a specialized exercise training course through the Cancer Exercise Training Institute, Lockey created ‘MovingOn,’ a rehabilitative exercise program geared toward cancer patients. The focus was not just on the physical being, but the whole person. The ultimate goal of the program is to help women regain control of their bodies and their emotional beings. Lockey has appeared on WABCTV, WCBSTV, News 12, WKTU & Talk About Health Radio, to name but a few. She is also the recipient of the 2013 American Cancer Society’s “Luster for Life Award.” Join us on Monday, October 28, 2013 at 7 p.m. EST as we discuss breast cancer rehabilitation through exercise and other important methods with Lockey Masonneuve. Click HERE to connect with Lockey at her website.
Join us as we open the floodgates to expose Triple Negative Breast Cancer, a misunderstood variant of the disease that affects up to 25,000 women each year. We will be joined by Hayley Dinerman (Executive Director), Malaak Compton-Rock (Board Member) and Dr. Lisa Newman (Scientific Advisory Board) from the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation. TNBC young adult survivor Rachel Pappas in the spotlight.
in Self Help
This show is dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness month.
On todays show we will be discussing the awareness of breast cancer, symptoms, the importance of early detection and prevention.
We will also hear from breast cancer survivors on their personal experience, and their journey with this disease.
Call in LIVE at (646)595-3015 to join the discussion with your questions and/or comments.
As always, we hope to leave you enriched, inspired, and empowered!
Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
Since Rudi's diagnosis with Breast Cancer in October 2012, Rudi has become a passionate advocate to educate others about the disease. He acts as a spokesperson for men who have had this somewhat rare diagnosis, but is also interested in teaching the entire community more about breast health with the message that prevention and early detection is the best defense against the disease.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and while we know that relationships can be difficult at times what happens when a diagnosis such as breast cancer is put into the mix? Today we’ll talk to women who have gone through the ordeal and get their views on how their womanhood and relationships were affected.
In the midst of Pinktober, one can't help but raise awareness of Breast Cancer! It is one of the most recognized National Awareness Initiatives adopted by the country. Since its inception in 1985, the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month organization (NBCAM) has been at the forefront of promoting awareness of breast cancer issues and has evolved along with the national dialogue on breast cancer.
Why so PINK? Because we care! Everyone is impacted by this disease in some personal or impersonal way. Tonight, I am speaking with On-Air Radio Personality ML6, of 103.1 WEUP, located in Huntsville, AL to share her connection with Breast Cancer.
There are PLENTY of ways to show your support of Pinktober, and by tuning in tonight, you will be able to learn ways to help FIGHT breast cancer!
Connect with ML6: T: @MidDaysML6
F: "ML Six"
Follow our conversation via Twitter @GiselleAvenue and @ML6! We will continue to celebrate Pinktober in hopes of finding a CURE for this disease!
Although Breast Cancer Awareness month is October, we realize the discussion of Breast Cancer Awareness is ongoing. Tonight we speak with Shireda Strongentburg-Howard, CPA, JD, PhD, a beautiful, energetic wife, mother, attorney, accountant and survivor or breast cancer. She is young, vibrant and full of life and will share her personal story with us so that we may become even more aware of how this disease with early detection can be curable and allow us to regain the power to eradicate this potentially deadly disease. You don't want to miss this show!
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we'll have a candid discussion with Sandra L. Craig... a 20 year breast cancer survivor to promote breast cancer awareness in both men and women, to help the audience understand early detection and prevention, and discuss ways to celebrate once you are healed.
We are keeping it real… we are talking with Megeen White, Oncology Nurse Navigator at Holy Cross Hospital and Kelly Sewer, a caregiver.
Their knowledge and experience provides answers, frames new questions, and helps to provide breast cancer awareness that saves lives and improves the quality of life.
Rev. Alethea also offers insight to her journey with breast cancer.
Listen. Learn. Grow. Celebrate life!!
Breast Cancer Awareness Night on GrindHard Radio Hosted by: Virginia Slim, Dangerous Tactics, and Jit Chronicles. Join us for a special episode as we raise Breast Cancer Awareness Prevention there will be a topic for discussion, random calls will be taken and music will be played. Call-in Live @ 323-693-3043 and press "1" to talk to the hosts.
Join us as we interview Liliana Komorowska, Director and Actress about her documentary about living with breast cancer, the leading silent killer of women called Beauty and the Breast. Liliana takes us into the world of what it's like to live with this disease and discover the ups and downs that surround it.
October is breast cancer awareness month and we can each do our part to support breast cancer research and our fellow women that need us. Call into this episode and ask your questions. It's best to find out early. You may donate to the National Breast Cancer Foundation by clicking this link here.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Channel Panel (346 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (156 chatters)
- John Baptist (93 chatters)
- AlimBey (90 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (63 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (47 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (21 chatters)
- DDP Radio (20 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (20 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (20 chatters)
- Omega Man (20 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (17 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (17 chatters)
- The Intuitive Messenger Show (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- dtm radio (14 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (14 chatters)
- Tionna Talks (14 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (12 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (10 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (10 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (9 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (9 chatters)
- Karen Tate (8 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (8 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (8 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (7 chatters)
- LCS (6 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (6 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (5 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (5 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (5 chatters)
- Arctic Ice Hockey (5 chatters)
- Billy D Online (4 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (4 chatters)
- GraveYard Radio (4 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (4 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (4 chatters)
- New Colony Network (4 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (4 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- The Elite Fiction Network (4 chatters)
- They Might Be Taping (4 chatters)
- TiDo Witnesses (3 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (3 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- The Stew Radio (3 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (3 chatters)
- Methylation and Gut Health (3 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (3 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (3 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (3 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (3 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (3 chatters)
- 12kyle (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (2 chatters)
- City On A Hill Radio (2 chatters)
- Diva Taunia (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- David Jerry Wes (2 chatters)
- Grok Radio (2 chatters)
- Home Court Sports (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- Pauly D (2 chatters)
- My Fierce Wings Radio (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Tiff (2 chatters)
- RefJeremy (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- Straight Independent Radio (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- STACK HOUSE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Talk 2 Me Sports Radio (2 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- wcsteelerfan (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Tim Gatto Unedited and Uncut (1 chatters)
- The Relationship Handbook Live (1 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (1 chatters)
- The Sedona Connection (1 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (1 chatters)
- RHeart (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- JTT81 (1 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (1 chatters)
- Horn Sports (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Gathering of the Saints Radio (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- DLFootball (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Ascended Radio (1 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (1 chatters)
- BGERZY N SUKI SUK SHOW (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- 4th Inches Show (0 chatters)
- Ernest Radio Network (0 chatters)
- PURE Motive Radio (0 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (0 chatters)