SORT BY Relevancy
In the "You should all feel bad for telling Jon Rauch to kill himself on twitter" edition, Rob and Jeffrey wrap up our 2014 preview with the bullpen, which we are not excited about (the preview that is, but also, probably the bullpen). So that leaves plenty of time to discuss the fifth starter situation, just how many first basemen the Mets are going to carry, and to check in on our sister podcast, Shortstop Avenue. We wrap up with some college baseball talk, a couple of e-mails, and the beginning of a triumphant winning streak at Mets trivia.
In the "Jenrry Mejia's hair deserves its own edition" edition, Rob and Jeffrey talk about Jenrry Mejia's hair, natch'. We also preview the 2014 Mets infield, which mostly devolves into a discussion of David Wright's future Hall of Fame case. Chris McShane helps out too, sitting down with Mike Vorkunov of the Star-Ledger to see where the Mets shortstop and first base situation currently stand. Then we continue our NL East preview with the Atlanta Braves, and Talking Chop's Ben Duronio. It's a cast of thousands on Amazin' Avenue Audio! Finally, we wrap up with your e-mails, and Jeffrey's most recent failure at Mets Trivia.
In the "[redacted] is the only Met to wear #59" edition. Rob and Jeffrey (and Chris and Marc Carig) preview the 2014 Mets rotation. Will Jon Niese every be healthy and above-average at the same time? How fat can Bartolo Colon get? Do we have anything to say about Dillon Gee? Who exactly is going to be the Mets fifth starter? (Jeffrey makes a sad face) All these questions will at least be discussed. Plus, we debut the Shortstop Avenue Audio jingle, because of course we have shortstop e-mails to answer, and Jeffrey and Rob completely forget to do Mets trivia, which means Jeffrey doesn't get Mets trivia wrong.
In the "It would be convenient if they gave #56 to an interesting prospect this Spring, but I forgot that it's Scott Rice's number" edition. Rob and Jeffrey finally sit down to talk about the Amazin' Avenue Top 25 Mets prospect list, but first they spend ten minutes talking about the 2008 Mets bullpen for some reason. #blameAyala. We also answer your e-mails about...shortstops...again.
In the "PROTIP: You should always keep a tin of shoe polish in the dugout" edition, Rob and Jeffrey take on the #FreeLagares hashtag and wonder if Terry should be given the benefit of the doubt (ehhhhhh maybe?). We try to parcel out blame for the whole kerfluffle between the media, #MetsTwitter, Terry, and the FO (and of course, Carlos Beltran). Then we answer a boatload of e-mails covering everything from a Daniel Murphy trade (again), the Mets upcoming rotation crunch, the future of the bullpen, who's worth watching in Bingo, and least surprising of all, Dario Alvarez.
In the "Tonight, Boss" edition, Rob and Jeffrey share their Santana no-hitter stories before launching into the 2014 Mets preview with the triumphant return of Outfield Avenue Audio (yes, we know we said we'd start with the infield, but we rarely stick to plans). Jeffrey says mean things about Eric Young despite his plans to only say nice things about Eric Young. Meanwhile, Rob is bullish on Curtis Granderson. Then, Liz Roscher of The Good Phight joins the show and has to put up with Jeffrey's merciless trolling of the Phillies offseason. Finally, we wrap up with your e-mail (singular) about playing for 2014, and whether Terry Collins can get the extra 2% out of the Mets. We hope Jonah Keri appreciates the free plug.
We are at the Crossroads for episode #13, and our guest is Steve Lenox of MLB.com and ESPN Radio 98.7 FM. Steve tells us about his sportscasting career, and the many stops along the way. There is a method to being able to land the number of jobs in the sportscasting industry that Steve has done over the last 20+ years. Ww find out exactly what that method is.
Crossroads is an original program of the King James Radio Network.
In Episode 54, Jason Parks of Baseball Prospectus stops by the show to chat about his Mets Top 10 prospect list. Unsurprisingly, Jeffrey and he spend almost the entire time talking about Dominican teenagers, or prospects that were at one time Dominican teenagers.
In the "Elmer Dessens was a nightmare for sabermetrics long before Aaron Cook" edition, Jeffrey and Chris consider turning the podcast into a morning drivetime zoo crew show. Next we consider how the Mets should adjust their lineup for Chris Young (turns out the answer was just wait a few hours for the entire outfield to get hurt), discuss which bullpen arms might be hittin' the ol' dusty trail, and talk about our trip(s) to Manchester, NH to see the B-Mets. We also answer your e-mails, and Chris puts in a spectacular performance during Mets trivia.
In the "Shawn Estes should have hit Roger Clemens in the upper back" edition, Jeffrey and Chris celebrate the official beginning of another baseball season with Baseball-Reference play index searches and raves for Jenrry Mejia. There would be lots more to actually talk about, but Jeffrey has decided to refuse to discuss anything Terry Collins says to the media until his first regular season post-game presser.
In the “I guess apparently this is the Mel Rojas edition” edition, it’s slim pickings for both Mets news and Mets uniform numbers. That’s never stopped Rob and Jeffrey before though. On the agenda for this week: disparaging the Dice-K … Continue reading →
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (74 chatters)
- John Baptist (22 chatters)
- Yada (21 chatters)
- JASmius (19 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (14 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (13 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (10 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (9 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (9 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (8 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (7 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- In Christ Alone Ministries (5 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- The Mind Blowing Tanna Alonza Show (4 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (3 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (3 chatters)
- TRU AMIN RAHEL (3 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (2 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (2 chatters)
- Unmasked with Authoress Lyle (2 chatters)
- We are TOPS (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Awareness Changes Truth (2 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- reactionariez (2 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- The Resistance United Radio (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- SistaPoochie (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- The FabLife Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- TonyWilkins (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (0 chatters)