SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Stanley West is a gynecologist and reproductive endocrinologist and a leader in the National Uterine Fibroid Foundation. He is working hard to reduce the number of hysterectomies performed as a result of uterine fibroids. Nearly one-half of all hysterectomies are performed as a result of fibroids.
Dr. West believes that with earlier diagnosis and with the use of less drastic treatments, it should be possible to avoid hysterectomies in most cases. His recent book, "The Hysterectomy Hoax," outlines the options available to women with fibroids who want to retain their uterus. Among them is a myomectomy, or removal of the fibroid itself.
Dr. West handles some of the most difficult gynecological surgical cases involving uterine fibroids in the U.S. and has probably performed more myomectomies than any surgeon in the world to date.
Joyce and Julie speak with Dr. West about the fibroids that occur in the general population, as well as those that occur because of a genetic condition, Hereditary Leiomyomatosis and Renal Cell Cancer, HLRCC.
Many women experience fibroids in the uterus. In some cases, fibroids can be one signal of a set of issues called a "syndrome" that includes additional risks. Joyce speaks with Julie of the of the HLRCC Alliance about syndromes that include fibroids.
Join Host Live Chats
- SOTT Talk Radio (62 chatters)
- English Defence League Radio (25 chatters)
- SpiritualistMediumRayBokor (11 chatters)
- MikeSpiritFM (10 chatters)
- Ciracle Radio (9 chatters)
- THE PORTICO OF SOLOMON (8 chatters)
- Epiphany Castro (7 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (7 chatters)
- Christian Defence League (7 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Olympias (4 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (4 chatters)
- wrestlechat0 (4 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (3 chatters)
- Bible News Radio (2 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (1 chatters)
- The Julie Robinson Show (1 chatters)
- The Game Exchange (0 chatters)